We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Casper Snow MattressBy Brand: Casper
Casper Snow Mattress is a hybrid mattress designed to sleep cooler than traditional mattresses. It features several cooling technologies, including HeatDelete™ Bands, Phase Change Material, and a CoolTouch Cover. Snow mattress has Casper signature foam with AirScape® technology that boosts airflow and offers a soothing sleep experience. The mattress has a supportive flex coil base and a layer of zoned memory foam.
Q1. What is unique about Casper Snow mattress? Does it provide superior cooling, comfort, back support, and pressure relief?
Casper Snow mattress is known for its unique features that offer a comfortable and supportive sleep experience, particularly for back sleepers. Here are some key points highlighting its benefits:
- Cooling: Casper Snow mattress is designed with innovative cooling technologies to help regulate body temperature throughout the night. It features a breathable cover and a layer of open-cell foam, allowing for better airflow and heat dissipation.
- Comfort: Casper Snow mattress provides remarkable comfort. It combines multiple layers of high-quality foam, including a top layer of proprietary AirScape® foam, offering a plush and cushioning feel while contouring to your body’s shape.
- Back Support: For back sleepers, proper spinal alignment is crucial. Casper Snow mattress is engineered with Zoned Support™ using 3 ergonomic zones to offer back support and spinal alignment. It features a zoned support system that provides targeted support to different areas of the body, including the lumbar region. This helps maintain proper spinal alignment and reduces the risk of back pain.
- Pressure Relief: The mattress incorporates a combination of foams with varying firmness levels to provide pressure relief. The zoned support system mentioned earlier also helps to alleviate pressure points, ensuring a comfortable sleep surface for back sleepers.
Q2. How firm is Casper Snow mattress?
Casper Snow is a medium-firm mattress. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest, this mattress is rated as 5. Even though this mattress is on the plusher side, it still falls within the range to appeal to most sleepers.
Q3. How thick is Casper Snow Mattress?
Casper Snow is a hybrid cooling mattress with a 12-inch thick profile and triple-layer zoned comfort system paired with flex coils. Its CoolTouch cover, engineered with specialized cooling yarn, wicks away heat 20% faster for an instantly refreshing sleep experience.
Q4. Is Casper Snow Mattress Safe?
Casper Snow mattress uses CertiPUR-US® certified polyurethane foams that meet stringent quality standards. The manufacturing process does not use ozone-depleting chemicals and phthalates, as per the norms of Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Additionally, rigorous testing ensures that their foams have low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions, contributing to healthier indoor air quality with levels below 0.5 parts per million.
Casper Snow Mattress has three layers of foam, each with its own unique purpose.
- The top layer is a breathable polyurethane foam. This layer provides a comfortable cushion that helps to keep you cool and dry.
- The second layer has zoned memory foam. This layer provides targeted support where you need it most, such as your shoulders and hips.
- The base layer is a durable polyurethane foam with encased springs. This layer provides the mattress with its overall support and bounce.
These three layers make Casper Snow Mattress a comfortable and supportive mattress perfect for people who sleep hot.
Q5. What sizes are available for Casper Snow mattresses?
Casper Snow Mattress comes in five standard sizes – Full, Twin XL, King, Queen, and California King.
Q6. Briefly discuss Casper Mattress’s policy on shipping, delivery, risk-free trial, and warranty.
The Casper Mattress has a customer-centric approach when it comes to shipping, delivery, risk-free trials, and warranty. It offers a customer-friendly policy in these three areas.
- Shipping and Delivery: Casper mattresses are shipped free of charge to most addresses in the contiguous United States and Canada. Mattresses are shipped compressed and rolled up in a box, typically arriving within 1-2 weeks of being ordered.
Before shipping, Casper mattresses are compressed and placed in rolled-up boxes as this practice aids in more efficient and affordable shipment. The box is typically 18 inches wide, 36 inches long, and 12 inches high.
- Risk-Free Trial: Casper understands the importance of getting a good night’s sleep and offers mattresses with a risk-free trial period. This way, customers can try out the mattress in the comfort of their homes for an extended duration.
The Casper mattresses offer a 100-night risk-free trial. This policy means you can sleep on the mattress for 100 nights and return it for a full refund if you are unhappy. To return a mattress, you can contact Casper customer service, who will arrange a pickup.
- Warranty: The Casper mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. If your mattress develops a defect during the warranty period, Casper will repair or replace it for you. To file a warranty claim, you can contact Casper customer service, which will help you start the process.
Overall, Casper’s policy on shipping and delivery ensures a convenient and cost-effective experience for customers. Their risk-free trial allows customers to try the mattress at home, while the warranty provides long-term assurance and support. These customer-centric policies reflect Casper’s commitment to ensuring satisfaction and a seamless experience for every customer.
Pros & Cons
Q1. Who would you recommend Casper Snow mattress to?
Casper Snow Mattress is a medium-firm hybrid mattress. It is recommended for sleepers, who
- Are side sleepers between 130 and 230 pounds as the mattress’s medium firmness provides the right balance of cushioning and support for side sleepers
- Sleep hot because its cooling technology helps to keep you cool all night long
- Want a mattress with pressure relief. The zoned memory foam helps to relieve pressure points in the shoulders and hips
- In addition, Casper Snow Mattress is a good choice for couples. The mattress’s encased coils help to isolate motion, so you won’t be disturbed by your partner’s movements. This is especially important for couples who sleep in different positions.
Q2. Who should avoid Casper Snow mattress?
Casper Snow Mattress mattresses are not recommended for sleepers who
- Are stomach sleepers weighing over 230 pounds may find it lacking support
- Shoppers looking for budget-friendly mattresses, the price of this mattress is slightly high
- Looking for long-lasting mattresses. Even though Casper Snow is manufactured using high-quality materials, it may not last as long as other mattresses in the same price range.
Casper Snow Mattress is a medium firm mattress, meaning it is not too soft or too firm. This makes it a good choice for various sleeping positions, including back, side, and stomach sleepers.
For side sleepers, the medium firmness of the Casper Snow Mattress provides the right balance of cushioning and support. The mattress’s top layer of breathable polyurethane foam provides a comfortable cushion, while the zoned memory foam layer helps to relieve pressure points in the shoulders and hips. This can help to prevent pain and discomfort in side sleepers.
For back sleepers, the medium firmness of Casper Snow Mattress provides good support for the spine. The mattress’s zoned memory foam layer helps to keep the spine aligned, while the base layer of durable polyurethane foam with encased springs provides additional support.
For stomach sleepers, the medium firmness of Casper Snow Mattress may not be firm enough. Stomach sleepers typically need a firmer mattress to provide support for their hips and lower back. However, some stomach sleepers may find Casper Snow Mattress comfortable enough, especially if they are lighter in weight.
Overall, Casper Snow Mattress is a comfortable and supportive mattress suitable for different sleeping styles. However, it is important to note that the firmness of the mattress may vary depending on individual preferences and body weight.
Material & Construction
Q1. What are the unique technology, design, and materials used in the construction of Casper Snow Mattress?
Casper snow mattress features a triple-layer foam design and a CoolTouch cover to help you sleep cool. The cover uses specialized cooling yarn to offer an instantly refreshing feel to the sleeper. The top layer features Casper signature foam with AirScape® technology. Underneath lies heat delete bands to pull away excessive heat from the body for 12+ hours. This layer is followed by premium memory foam with Zoned Support™ to help relieve pressure and spine alignment. The three layers rest on individually pocketed flex coils for extra support and reduced motion transfer. The mattress has a Casper edge support, and a firm border, which makes getting in and out of bed easier.
This combination of materials aims to achieve a balanced and medium-firm feel.
- Cover — CoolTouch Cover: This cover is made of a breathable fabric that helps to wick away heat and moisture. This is especially important for back sleepers, who tend to get hot at night.
- Comfort Layer — Experience the Casper Snow mattress with its exclusive Casper Signature Foam enhanced by AirScape® Technology. This specially engineered layer provides one-of-a-kind responsiveness and plushness that will lull you into a soothing sleep. With just the perfect amount of bounce, you’ll enjoy a comfortable rest that adapts to your body’s movements.
Say goodbye to overheating with the cooling Phase Change Material and thousands of breathable perforations incorporated into Casper Snow mattress. These advanced features work together to keep you cool throughout the night, ensuring a refreshing and undisturbed sleep.
- Transition Layer — Snow Technology: This is a combination of cooling technologies that keep you cool all night. The HeatDelete™ Bands help to absorb heat and then release it slowly, while the Phase Change Material also helps to regulate temperature.
- Transition Layer — Zoned Memory Foam™: This foam layer provides support where you need it most and pressure relief. This is important for back sleepers, who need a mattress to help keep their spine aligned.
- Base Layer — Coil Base: This base provides support and bounce, while also helping to isolate motion. This is important for couples, who don’t want to be disturbed by their partner’s movements.
- Edge Support — Experience the convenience of Casper Edge Support, a sturdy and supportive border that enhances the accessibility of your bed. With its firm structure, getting in and out of bed becomes easier, providing you with added comfort and stability. Whether it’s starting your day or winding down at night, Casper Edge Support ensures a smooth transition as you navigate your sleep space.
|Casper Snow Mattress
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
Q1. How would you rate Casper Snow Mattress from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
Repositioning refers to how easy or difficult it is to change positions on a mattress. A mattress with good repositioning allows you to move and adjust your body without feeling stuck or restricted. Responsiveness, on the other hand, refers to how quickly a mattress adapts to changes in pressure and movement.
- Repositioning: Casper Snow mattress is a good choice for people who want a mattress that is easy to reposition. The foam layers in the mattress are designed to be responsive, so you can easily move around without feeling stuck. The mattress also has a medium-firm feel, which provides good support without being too firm.
In terms of repositioning, Casper Snow mattress scores well. Rolling over and shifting positions is easy, even if you are a side sleeper. The foam layers in the mattress conform to your body, so you don’t feel like you are sinking or getting stuck.
- Responsiveness: Casper Snow offers a fairly good level of responsiveness, promoting easy movement on the bed’s surface. The ease of movement is crucial in allowing sleepers to switch positions throughout the night. Typically, beds with higher responsiveness are more accommodating for movement, whereas memory foam beds that closely conform to the body can impede mobility.
Snow is not excessively conforming like some mattresses despite featuring a memory foam layer. While sleepers do experience some sinkage, typical of hybrid mattresses, the pocketed coil core delivers sufficient pushback to prevent the sensation of being trapped in the bed.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2. How would you rate Casper Snow Mattress for providing comfort and pressure relief to sleepers?
Casper Snow mattress is a good choice for people who want a mattress that is both comfortable and provides pressure relief. The perforated polyfoam top layer and the zoned memory foam help to create a soft, cushiony surface that adequately conforms to your body and relieves pressure on your joints and muscles.
Here is a detailed look at how the Casper Snow Mattress offers comfort and pressure relief to sleepers:
- Comfort: Casper Snow mattress is designed to be comfortable for a variety of sleep positions. The top layer of memory foam conforms to your body, providing pressure relief and support. The transition layer helps to keep you from sinking too far into the mattress, and the support layer provides a firm foundation.
Side sleepers will appreciate how Casper Snow mattress conforms to their curves, relieving pressure on their shoulders and hips. Back sleepers will notice that the mattress provides good support for their spine. And stomach sleepers will appreciate the way the mattress does not allow them to sink too far in, which can help to prevent back pain.
- Pressure Relief: Casper Snow mattress is designed to provide adequate pressure relief. The top memory foam layer conforms to body, evenly distributing your weight and relieving pressure on your sensitive areas. This helps in pain relief and improves your sleep quality.
Casper Snow is a cooling mattress, designed to help improve pressure relief further. When you sleep hot, your body temperature rises, worsening pressure points. Casper Snow mattress’s cooling features help keep your body temperature down, leading to better pressure relief.
Overall, Casper Snow mattress is a comfortable and pressure-relieving mattress designed to be supportive for various sleep positions.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3. How would you rate the cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of Casper Snow Mattress?
With its enhanced cooling capabilities, Casper Snow stands out in maintaining optimal temperatures for sleepers, preventing discomfort from overheating during the night.
The inclusion of phase change material in the cover provides a cool and refreshing feel upon contact, while the HeatDelete™ Bands actively dissipate heat from the body. Snow’s AirScape® foam comfort layers are exceptionally breathable due to their numerous tiny perforated holes.
The topmost layer is coated with additional phase change material to enhance its cooling prowess further. Lastly, the coil support core facilitates airflow for cooling compared to a foam support core.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4. Does Casper Snow Mattresses provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing a bed with others?
Casper Snow is very good at motion isolation, making it a desirable choice for individuals sharing a bed with someone. Effective motion isolation ensures that movements made on one part of the bed remain localized, minimizing the potential for disturbances across the bed’s surface.
Hybrid mattresses with pocketed coil support cores typically provide better motion isolation than traditional innerspring mattresses. The individually encased pocketed coils ensure that weight applied to one coil does not affect the surrounding coils, as is common with traditional innerspring. Additionally, the polyfoam and memory foam comfort layers in the Casper Snow effectively absorb motion, further reducing disruptions during the night.
Q5. How would you rate the edge support of Casper Snow Mattresses?
Casper Snow offers suitable edge support. Edge support is a crucial factor as it determines the usable surface area of the mattress. When a bed has strong edges, sleepers can rest comfortably near the edge without concerns of roll-off.
In general, hybrid beds offer better edge support than all-foam beds due to the firmer coil base. In the case of Snow, the pocketed coils are further reinforced with additional polyfoam encasement, effectively minimizing potential sinkage along the perimeter. However, it is worth noting that due to the relatively plush comfort system, some sleepers may experience noticeable compression when sitting near the bed’s edge.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Casper Snow mattress is a good choice for side, back, and stomach sleepers. Here is a more detailed look at how each sleep position might fare on Casper Snow mattress:
- Side sleepers will appreciate how Casper Snow mattress conforms to their curves, relieving pressure on their shoulders and hips. The top layer of memory foam will conform to your body, evenly distributing your weight and relieving pressure on your sensitive areas. This can alleviate pain and improve your sleep quality.
- The two zoned comfort layers of Casper Snow effectively relieve pressure points in the hips and shoulders while providing targeted support for the lumbar spine.
- Specifically, side sleepers weighing between 130 and 230 pounds will find the mattress very comfortable. The medium firmness of the bed strikes a balance between cushioning and support for individuals within this weight range. Side sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds or more than 230 pounds will also enjoy the mattress, although those under 130 pounds might perceive it as slightly firmer, while those over 230 pounds may experience some sinkage in the hip area.
- Back sleepers will find that the Casper Snow mattress provides good support for their spine. The top layer of memory foam will conform to your body, evenly distributing your weight and relieving pressure on your sensitive areas. The transition layer helps to keep you from sinking too far into the mattress, and the support layer provides a firm foundation. This can help keep your spine aligned and improve your sleep quality.
- Back sleepers under 130 pounds will find this mattress particularly suitable. It offers robust lumbar support and promotes healthy spinal alignment for individuals in this weight category.
- Back sleepers require a supportive mattress that maintains proper spine alignment while offering sufficient contouring to alleviate pressure in the lower back. Sleepers weighing more than 130 pounds, especially those over 230 pounds, may find Snow Mattress a bit too soft. These individuals may sink further into the mattress, leading to excessive sagging in the midsection.
- Stomach sleepers will appreciate the way Casper Snow mattress does not allow them to sink too far in, which can help to prevent back pain. The top layer of memory foam will conform to your body, evenly distributing your weight and relieving pressure on your sensitive areas. However, stomach sleepers over 230 pounds may experience a lack of support from Casper Snow mattress. These individuals sink further into the mattress, which can push the spine into a U-shape and cause discomfort.
- Stomach sleepers typically require firmer mattresses to ensure proper spinal alignment. Snow Mattress is within the medium firmness range, so it performs well for stomach sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds. These sleepers receive adequate spinal support to keep their spine aligned.
- However, stomach sleepers weighing more than 130 pounds benefit from a firmer mattress. When using Casper Snow Mattress, these individuals may sink too deeply, increasing pressure on the back and neck areas.
Hope our detailed mattress review on Casper Snow mattress has answered all your queries. Claim the best deals on The Casper mattress now!
Coupons & Deals
- Up to 30% off everything.
- Refer a friend, get $75.