We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
The Luuf is an established mattress brand, having a reputation of over 60 years. The mattress is a perfect amalgamation of memory foam and a hybrid mattress so that sleepers find optimum support and comfort on the mattress. The mattress is available at an ideal point rate and suits the needs of various types of users. This mattress is designed to cater to the needs of combination sleepers, plus-size sleepers, and those who sleep hot at night. Luuf has three variants: Luuf Hybrid Multi-sleeper, Luuf Simplicity, and Little Luuf.
Luuf Simplicity is a low-cost mattress designed to be a universal fit, while the Little Luuf is specially designed for children.
The Luuf Hybrid Multi-sleeper is available in four different firmness categories:
- The Plush Multi-Sleeper
- The Luxury Firm Multi-Sleeper
- The Firm Multi-Sleeper, and
- The Max Support Multi-Sleeper
The Luuf is CertiPUR-US certified, implying that the mattress does not contain any harmful chemicals. The mattress is available in all six sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King.
In this article, we will review the Luuf Hybrid in detail. The review below highlights the key attributes, features, and pros/cons of the mattress.
- Material: The Luuf hybrid mattress uses cooling, graphene-infused foam, and pocketed coils for its construction. The cover is made of a breathable stretch fabric that facilitates ease of movement.
- Sizes: The Luuf is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King.
- Shipping & Delivery: Free shipping and delivery offered.
- Trial & Return: 100 nights risk-free trial period. Free returns are available
- Warranty: The Luuf offers a 10-year warranty
Pros & Cons
The mattress is recommended for sleepers, who
- Love different firmness options
- Want Superior edge support
- Want relief from back pain
Not so ideal for sleepers, who
- Enjoy the feel of memory foam
- Prefer a light mattress
Firmness defines how soft or hard a mattress can be. This is a very subjective matter. A particular bed may be soft to one and Firm to other. It depends on personal choice, body weight, and type. Whether soft or firm, a mattress should support body weight, promote healthy spine alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping.
The Luuf hybrid comes in four firmness levels. The Plush multi-sleeper is a soft mattress with firmness between 4-5 on a firmness scale of 10. The mattress is ideal for couples, side sleepers, and joint pain patients. The Plush bed offers support to the hips and shoulders. The Luxury Firm multi-sleeper gives a slightly firm feel with firmness between 6-7 on the firmness scale. It is suited to side sleepers who enjoy pushback, hug, and contour in a mattress. It is also suitable for back and stomach sleepers who may roll over in the night. The firmness is such that it provides you with a plush feel with firm support. The Firm multi-sleeper is a high-quality mattress with a firmness between 7-8 on the firmness scale. It is ideal for back and stomach sleepers and people suffering from lumbar pain. The Luuf Max Support multi-sleeper is a very firm mattress that accommodates heavy sleepers and those seeking extra firm comfort.
The multiple firmnesses offered by the Luuf Hybrid ensure that all sleepers will find a suitable bed for them, irrespective of their weight, sleeping positions, and comfort preference. Each variant offers targeted support that supports your hefty portions, thus relieving you of pain.
Material & Construction
All the four firmness variants of the Luuf Hybrid come with a cover made of soft, breathable polyester. The stretchable cover offers pressure relief and body contouring, wicking away heat. The interior design of the mattresses is similar, with slight differences in the comfort system and support core.
The Plush multi-sleeper is made of a comfort layer of gel-infused polyfoam, graphene-infused memory foam, and Serene polyfoam. The support core consists of 968 pocketed coils distributed over five zones. The Luxury firm also features a comfort layer of gel-infused polyfoam, graphene-infused memory foam, and high-density polyfoam. The support core has 1074 pocketed coils distributed across seven different zones. The Firm variant consists of adaptive polyfoam and graphene-infused memory foam comfort layers. Like Luxury Firm, the support core of the Firm also has 1074 pocketed coils distributed across seven zones. The Max support features multiple layers of adaptive body foam extra Firm Serene foam and supports the core of 1074 individually wrapped Quantum coils divided into seven zones for maximum support.
The different layers of the Plush multi-sleeper are detailed below:
- Layer 1: The cover is made up of 360-degree contouring breathable fabric that lets you move quickly across the bed. Beneath the cover is multiple layers of gel-infused cooling foam that help you sleep peacefully at night.
- Layer 2: Next to the top layer is 2 inches thick temperature regulating, graphene-infused high-quality memory foam to ease stress near the high-pressure areas, i.e., the hips and the shoulders.
- Layer 3: The third layer is a 1-inch-thick layer of Serene Foam, providing spinal support, pressure relief, and air support to the sleeper.
- Layer 4: The support core consists of 968 individually wrapped Bolsa coils in five zones provides precision support, including the lumbar.
The different layers of the Luxury Firm multi-sleeper are detailed below:
- Layer 1: The cover is made of breathable stretch fabric that aids in ease of movement. Multiple layers of gel-infused foam beneath help the sleeper sleep peacefully at night.
- Layer 2: 1 inch thick, graphene-infused high-quality memory foam layer eases out stress near the high-pressure areas, i.e., the hips and the shoulders. It also regulates the mattress temperature.
- Layer 3: This is a 2 inch thick, HD adaptive foam layer that helps in relieving pressure and offers deep contour to the sleeper.
- Layer 4: The support core has 1074 individually wrapped Quantum coils that offer the sleeper seven zone comfort and support the lumbar.
The different layers of the Firm multi-sleeper are detailed below:
- Layer 1: The Firm multi-sleeper is a firm bed but not too hard. The cover is of the same material as the Plush and Luxury Firm, with the first layer made of adaptive foam like the previous two variants.
- Layer 2: Next to the first layer is a graphene-infused premium memory foam layer that is 2 inches thick, offers good temperature regulation, and eases different pressure points from head to toe.
- Layer 3: The support core is made of 1074 individually-wrapped Quantum coils in seven zones that provide targeted support to your body, including the lumbar region.
The different layers of the Max Support multi-sleeper are detailed below:
- Layer 1: The Max Support multi-sleeper is an engineered bed that offers extra firm comfort. The cover is the same as that of the Plush, Luxury Firm, and Firm variant, with the first layer made of adaptive foam like the other variants.
- Layer 2: Next is 1-inch Extra Firm Serene foam, which provides molecule air support and takes care of individual spine alignment and pressure relief.
- Layer 3: The base or support core like the Luxury Firm and Firm is made of 1074 individually-wrapped Quantum coils in seven zones that provide targeted support to your body, including the lumbar region.
All the Luuf mattresses can be placed on adjustable bases.
|Luuf Hybrid Mattress Plush Multi-Sleeper|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning is the ability to change positions easily while sleeping. The hybrid design of the Luuf makes it easy for you to move on top of the mattress. The springs in the support core allow the mattress to rebound quickly as you try to adjust on the mattress. This quick rebound prevents you from feeling trapped in the mattress, thus allowing you to change positions easily while sleeping. Ease of movement is facilitated more in the Max Support and least in the Plush variant. In the Firm variant, bounce is noticeable as there is less sinking into the comfort system, but you may experience more dip into the mattress on the Plush. The Luxury Firm offers more contouring but still above-average ease of movement.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Buying a mattress can be difficult as there is a variety of them available in the market. The right mattress will give you relief from pain upon waking up. So, pain relief is vital for most people looking to buy a new mattress. Back pain can only be relieved when the spine is relaxed.
The Luuf is a comfortable mattress; sleepers will find comfort across all four variants. The mattress is above average in pressure relief and varies slightly across the variants. Luuf, a hybrid mattress, has pocketed coils and zoned support; thus, it offers ample support to the entire body and relieves high-pressure points.
The Plush conforms to the sleeper’s body to provide cushion and comfort. With memory foam and polyfoam, the Luxury Firm and the Firm offers cushioning but do not cradle your body like the Plush variant. As the name suggests, both Luxury Firm and Firm are suitable for combination sleepers as they offer precision pressure relief. The Max Support is designed to provide support for heavier people and those who prefer an extra firm mattress. Since heavy people don’t exert pressure on the comfort layers rather stay on the top of the mattress, they get enough support and experience pressure relief near their neck, shoulders, and hips. Thus, the mattress suits a wide range of sleepers.
The suitability of the mattress for different sleeping positions is detailed below:
- Back sleepers: Back sleepers need support under their spine and neck to sleep correctly. Both Luxury Firm and Firm variants are well suited to back sleepers as they will get the necessary support to keep their spine perfectly aligned. The individually wrapped Quantum coils distributed across seven zones offer targeted support while back sleeping. The Max Support will also be suitable for average to heavyweight back sleepers as the firmness will not let them sink too much into the mattress.
- Side Sleepers: Side sleepers sleep with the majority of their weights on their hips and shoulders. Thus, pressure relief and body contouring are the two essential features they look for while buying a new mattress. The Plush and Luxury Firm variants are designed for side sleepers. The Plush eases the joints around the hips and shoulders, thus offering you a blend of comfort and support. On the other hand, side sleepers will enjoy the slightly firmer Luxury Firm that offers pushback, hug, and contour.
- Stomach sleepers: Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that would enable them to keep their hips elevated to prevent sinkage. The Firm variant of the Luuf is ideally suited to stomach sleepers. It offers support and comfort that you can feel while lying on your stomach. The graphene-infused premium memory foam eases different pressure points from head to toe. You will also like the Luxury Firm as it will offer minimal sinkage and let your hips and shoulder ease.
- Heavy sleepers: Heavy sleepers need a firm mattress for a comfortable sleep. The Max Support is just the right option for heavy sleepers. It is specially engineered to accommodate heavier people and those who want extra firm comfort. The Max offers the support of extra firm Serene Comfort Foam that supports the spine of heavy sleepers and also provides adequate pressure relief.
Cooling & Temperature Control
The most critical ambiance determining the quality and duration of the body’s recovery during sleep is a substantial decrease in the core body temperature. The Luuf performs moderately in temperature regulation as it sleeps neither hot nor cold. The coils-based support core prevents the building up of heat. Both Plush and Luxury Firm variant uses gel-infused cooling foam that resists heat buildup, but the graphene-infused memory foam might trap body heat, making the mattress a little hot. The Firm and the Max Support variants conform less with the body, thus offering a cool sleeping experience.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Motion isolation describes if movement made across one side of the mattress is felt elsewhere on the mattress or not. A mattress with good motion isolation will neutralize activity made on one side of the bed, thus assisting partners in sleeping peacefully.
Plush, Luxury Firm, and Firm all use memory foam in their construction, implying that they all have excellent motion isolation. This also minimizes the bounce of the coils at the support base. The Luxury Firm offers a higher degree of motion isolation compared to the Firm or the Max Support variant, as it has a thicker memory foam layer that inhibits motion transfer to a large extent.
Edge support defines the support that a mattress can offer around its edges. Edge support helps in stabilizing the perimeter of the mattress. It is essential for couples sharing their bed with partners, as poor performance may disturb their partners while getting in and out of bed, and limit using the full bed for sleeping together and while having sex.
Edge support in the Luuf is average in the Plush and above average in the Luxury Firm and Firm variant. Memory Foam in the Plush variant does not give the perimeter much enforcement; thus, there is significant sinkage near the edge of the mattress. Luxury Firm, Firm, and Max Support, the other three variants come with durable and individually wrapped Quantum coils near the edge, making the mattress stable and safe for the sleeper. The risk of falling while sitting or lying near the edges in these three variants is relatively less; thus, it’s worth giving it a shot.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Sleeping peacefully at night is as necessary as eating good and nutritious food. Peaceful sleep helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Each one of us sleeps differently, and our needs for comfort and support are also very different and unique. The U.S. Center for Disease Control claims that 1 out of 3 people has insomnia leading to various health problems. The Luuf, with all its variants, makes it a highly recommendable mattress for a variety of sleepers. Temperature regulating, graphene-infused memory foam gives pressure relief to your curves and supports the spine perfectly, which leads to calm, comfortable and peaceful sleep all night.
Below is a detailed description of how Luuf Hybrid is a good fit for different sleep positions.
- Side Sleepers: Side sleepers prefer a mattress that allows their hips and shoulders to sink in just the right amount, reducing pressure buildup. Side sleepers should usually go in for mattresses that range from medium-soft to medium-firm. Heavier weight people should opt for Firm or the Max Support variant, whereas lightweight side sleepers shall go in for the Lux Firm variant.
- Back Sleepers: Back sleepers need to opt for a mattress that supports their lumbar region. The lower back needs proper cushioning, which depends on the person’s weight. If the mattress is too soft, the spine and the hips will sink into the mattress, which isn’t too great for the lower back posture. Average to heavyweight back sleepers shall find good comfort on the Lux Firm to the Max Support variants. This is so, as the sleeper won’t put pressure on the top comfort layers, and the firmness of the mattress won’t let them sink in too deep. Whereas for people weighing below 150 pounds, the Plush and the Lux Firm would be good options, though they might find the latter a bit firmer, it is a personal choice.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stability and support are essential for stomach sleepers not to cause back or hip pain. Stomach sleepers require more support near their abdomen for better spine alignment. Hence, the Lux Firm and the Firm variants are good options for people across varying weight categories and wouldn’t let them feel suffocated.
- Combination Sleepers-Those who alternate between various positions: Combination sleepers tend to change positions while sleeping. With Luuf’s four variants, combination sleepers can choose the best suited to their comfort level. Light and average weight can go for the Plush or Luxury Firm, whereas heavyweight combination sleepers will sleep the best on the Firm or the Max Support. Thus, the Luuf is a mattress that caters to the needs of all types of sleepers.
Coupons & Deals
- Luuf mattresses starting at $999.