We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Q1. Can you give some background about a Serta mattress?
Serta, Inc. (“Serta”) has led the way in sleep innovation for over 90 years, Crafting quality products and catering to more than 150 countries globally. Every mattress available in the Serta®portfolio is aimed to deliver superior comfort. It includes the award-winning Perfect Sleeper® and iComfort® groups.
Serta mattresses are available to customers as well as to the hospitality segment.
Serta maintains the highest standards for product excellence and safety. Serta products are assembled from finished components, and all Serta foam is certified by CertiPUR-US® and tested to be:
- Low emission (VOCs) for indoor air quality
- Do not contain prohibited phthalates
- Created without ozone depletes (no CFCs)
- No heavy metals like mercury, lead, or heavy metals
- Contains no formaldehyde
Serta mattresses are eco-friendly- They have
- Serta innerspring and box springs are prepared from 95% industrial recycled steel.
- The wood in bases is sourced from forests certification as sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Many textiles used in Serta mattress covers have the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® for manufacturing without toxic chemicals, including natural bamboo and/or pure organic cotton upholstery fabrics.
- Latex in Serta is from a natural/synthetic latex blend that is naturally anti-microbial and allergen resistant. It complies with the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® level for manufacturing without using harmful substances.
- Serta’s fire-retardant barriers are made primarily from cotton or other cellulosic renewable fibers and use no harmful chemicals or processes.
- Serta insulator pads are from virgin recycled garment clips.
Q2. Describe briefly what sizes are available in the Serta EZ tote mattress?
The Serta EZ Tote mattress- Sheer Slumber™ And Sheep Retreat™ is available in 4 sizes.
- Full mattress – 8″ H x 54″ W x 75″ L;
- Queen mattress – 8″ H x 60″ W x 80″ L;
- King mattress – 8″ H x 76″ W x 80″ L;
- California King mattress – 10″ W x 84″ W x 72″ L;
Q3. Can you walk us through the different Varieties of mattresses offered in the Serta EZ Tote line-up?
- Comfy Serta Sheer Slumber 8″ Medium Firm Gel Memory Foam Mattress-In-A-Box features are
- It is Breathable
- Has Zipper closure
- Offers Medium-firm firmness
- Comfy Serta Sheep Retreat™ 10″ Medium Gel Memory Foam Mattress-In-A-Box features are
- It is Breathable
- Has Zipper closure
- Offers Medium firmness
Pros & Cons
Q1: Who would you recommend the Serta EZ Tote® mattress to?
Side Sleepers, Back Sleepers, and Couples are ideal customers of EZ tote mattresses.
Q2. Who should avoid the Serta EZ Tote® mattress collection?
- Excessive warm Sleepers: The contouring can also store heat from the body, which may be uncomfortable for warm sleepers. The dense constitution of memory foam further increases heat retention, though Serta uses gel infusion of the foam for cooling.
- Not Sturdy Edge Support: All-foam mattresses with memory foam layers also tend to sink a lot when people sit on the edges in and out of bed. It can also make the mattress feel less stable when they sleep close to the edges and make moving across the surface somewhat tricky.
Q1. Can you brief the Serta EZ Tote mattress collection and the sizes available?
Serta EZ tote mattress is available in 2 types. The chart gives the details.
|Sl. No||Mattress Variety||Height||Firmness||Cost for Queen|
Has two layers
Has 3 Layers
Material & Construction
Q5. Can you guide us through constructing different Serta EZ Tote mattress models?
The Serta Sheer Slumber Gel Memory Foam 8” Mattress is constructed with Serta Gel Memory Foam that cradles and cools. It provides pressure relief. This mattress, with medium-firm support, is suitable for all sleep positions. This mattress consists of 2 layers.
- Serta® Gel Memory Foam
- Serta® Foam Core
The Serta Sheep Retreat™ Gel Memory Foam Mattress is also constructed with Serta Gel Memory Foam that cradles and cools. This 10” mattress has a transitional layer for extra support. It has three layers.
- Serta® Gel Memory Foam
- Serta® Transitional Support Foam
- Serta® Foam Core
Details about the layers
- Serta® Gel Memory Foam: This exclusive gel memory foam contours to the sleeper’s body for cushioning coziness. It allows air circulation to maintain temperature neutrality and comfortable throughout the night.
- Serta® Foam Core: This new and improved Serta Foam Core delivers durable backing for any sleep position. With constant support from edge to edge, one sleeps comfortably supported all night long.
- Serta® Transitional Support Foam: This foam support layer in the 10″ mattress gives all-over body support and enduring comfort.
|Serta EZ Tote-Serta EZ Tote - Sheer Slumber|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
The tendency of Gel memory foam to be more responsive, meaning switching positions during the night will be easier. You’ll have less chance of having a “stuck-in-the-mud” feeling.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Memory foam has excellent pressure-relieving qualities, an advantage for those with joint pain issues or for those who are primarily side sleepers. Memory foam usually allows the heaviest parts of your body to sink more deeply into the mattress, such as the shoulders and hips.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Gel memory foam is a variety of memory foam with a small amount of ‘gel’ mixed into it. It was developed to offer the benefits of memory foam while combatting concerns about overheating when sleeping on memory foam. Although the gel does add a slight cooling effect to memory foam (at least for a limited time), I don’t think that gel memory foam will feel ‘cool’ relative to other mattress materials. In short, if you have an affinity for memory foam and are concerned about sleeping warm, try gel memory foam.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Memory foam engrosses movements like all foam, so the sleeper on one side of the mattress is less likely to be disturbed by motions on the other. This quality makes memory foam mattresses, in general, a good choice for couples.
The Foam Support Core provides consistent edge-to-edge support.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Q1. How would you describe the Serta EZ Tote mattress based on individual sleeping style?
- Side Sleepers: more curves are available on our side. Shoulders. Hips. Knees. These areas create tension and pressure. Ideally, a softer mattress cradles the hips and shoulders to prevent stress and injury.
Medium-firm foam mattresses generally deliver more contouring and pressure relief than innerspring or hybrid models, hence ideal for side sleepers. Most people weighing more than 230 pounds finds that a medium-firm foam mattress does not avoid sinking as well as models with coil-based cores.
- Serta Sheep Retreat™ 10″ Medium -Gel Memory Foam Mattress works well with lightweight side sleepers.
- Serta Sheer Slumber 8″ Medium Firm -Gel Memory Foam Mattress can be used by average weight group
- Back Sleepers: Sleeping on the back is the best for spine health. Sleepers want a mattress that keeps weight off the joints and pressure points and cradles your spine optimally to maintain healthy alignment.
Specifically, a medium-firm mattress is great for back sleepers. Medium-firm mattresses prevent the hips and lumbar region from sinking deep and are suitable for the back. Healthy spinal alignment is vital for all types of sleepers.
- Serta Sheer Slumber 8″ Medium Firm Gel Memory Foam Mattress is great for all weight groups below 230 pounds.
- Serta Sheep Retreat™ 10″ Medium Gel Memory Foam Mattress works well with lightweight back sleepers.
- Stomach Sleepers-Stomach sleepers are at the greatest risk of spinal problems as there is a great deal of pressure on the thoracic and lumbar spine. Ideally- a firm mattress that holds up the hips, reducing pressure on the lower back.
Both Serta Sheer Slumber 8″ & Serta Sheep Retreat™ 10” can be used as stomach sleepers but only in the lightweight group. Heavy people will exert force, and there will be curvature and cause aches & pains.
- Combination Sleepers- Sleepers who tend to toss and turn throughout the night change sleeping positions frequently. Depending on their weight, both Serta Sheer Slumber 8″ & Serta Sheep Retreat™ 10” can be used.
Coupons & Deals
- Mattresses starting at $499.