We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
BedInABox Essential MattressBy Brand: BedInABox
BedInABox deals Coupons
- 25% off select mattresses & bundles, and up to 2 free plush pillows for Labor Day.
The BedInABox Essential is a memory foam mattress designed to offer you a wonderful blend of support and comfort for a restful night’s sleep. This mattress stands 9-inches tall and has a medium-firm feel. It is made up of CoolRest memory foam for comfort, while the support layer of this bed features Sure Align support foam to keep your body well supported while you sleep. The cover of the Essential mattress is made up of luxurious smooth-knit material.
This bed is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, and Split King sizes.
Other models from the stable of BedInABox include The Original, Tranquillium, Azul, Dual Hybrid, and Eco-Lux mattresses.
This section will review the BedInABox Essential Mattresses in detail.
- Material: CoolRest Memory Foam, Sure Align Support Foam
- Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, and Split King
- Pricing: Depends on size & variety
- Shipping & Delivery: Free Shipping
- Trial & Return: 120-night Trial and Free Returns
- Warranty: 10-year Warranty
Pros & Cons
BEST if you:
- Like memory foam
- Prefer the sinking sensation
NOT IDEAL if you:
- Need a firm bed
The Essential is a medium-firm bed. Despite having an all-foam structure, this mattress offers you ample support necessary for a good sleep. The comfort layer of this mattress is made up of 3-inches of 3 lb CoolRest memory foam. This layer allows for some sinkage and pressure relief. The support core of this bed consists of 6-inches thick, 2 lb Sure Align foam. It promotes spine alignment and prevents your body from sinking too deep into the mattress.
Material & Construction
The Essential is an all-foam mattress. It stands 9-inches high and has a medium level of firmness.
The Essential mattress comes wrapped in a luxurious smooth knit cover.
The comfort layer of this mattress uses 3-inches of 3 lb CoolRest memory foam. This layer is gel-infused and offers excellent pressure relief.
The support core of the Essential is made up of 6-inches of Sure Align foam. This layer is designed to keep your body well supported and have better spine alignment.
- Layer 1: This is the comfort layer of the mattress, made up of 3-inches of 3 lb CoolRest memory foam.
- Layer 2: This layer forms the support core of the Essential mattress. It is made up of 6-inches thick, 2 lb Sure Align foam.
|BedInABox Essential Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning refers to how easily you can change your position on the bed.
The Essential mattress offers average responsiveness due to its all-foam construction. You might feel some sinkage while moving on the bed because of the conforming nature of the memory foam. However, the support foam layer prevents too much sinkage and helps you change positions easily.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Comfort, pressure relief, and support are key factors to consider while choosing a mattress.
The all-foam Essential mattress has been designed to offer you the best support and comfort. With a medium level of firmness, this mattress gives you superior pressure relief while at the same time promoting good pine alignment.
The gel-infused memory foam comfort layer allows your body to sink in slightly, relieving the pressure points. The gel infusion wicks away body heat to prevent the heat from getting trapped in the foam.
The support core of this bed uses Sure Align foam for more significant support and spine alignment. This layer prevents your body from sinking too deep into the mattress and prevents your spine from bending uncomfortably.
Consider your sleeping position to determine how well the Element Mattress shall suit you.
- Side Sleepers: The Essential mattress shall best suit side sleepers across all weight categories. Average-weight sleepers weighing up to 130 lbs. should get an incredible blend of support and pressure relief from this bed.
- Back Sleepers: Average weight back sleepers weighing up to 130 lbs. shall sleep well on the Essential mattress. They shall get the necessary support and sinkage.
- Stomach Sleepers: Lightweight stomach sleepers weighing under 130 lbs shall get excellent support on the Essential mattress. Heavier sleepers might prefer a firmer bed for more support.
- Heavy Sleepers: The Essential mattress is best suited for average-weight sleepers. Heavy sleepers might require a firmer bed for more support. However, if you like sinking into your bed, this mattress should be a good option.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Generally, all-foam mattresses tend to trap heat. But the gel infusion of the Essential’s memory foam layer helps in wicking away heat. This enables you to enjoy a cooler sleep. However, if you are a heavy sleeper and sink deeply into this bed, you might experience some heat build-up.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Motion isolation is the ability of a mattress to prevent sleepers from feeling when their partner moves.
Being an all-foam mattress, the Essential performs well in absorbing motion transfer. The dense foam layers conform to your body and prevent motion from traveling to other bedsides. Thus, you can rest assured of getting a peaceful night’s sleep.
Edge support refers to how sturdy a mattress is near the sides. Firm edge support implies greater usable area on the bed.
Most all-foam mattresses lack proper edge support. The same is the case with the Essential mattress. However, its medium-firm nature makes this bed somewhat sturdy. You shall feel supported near the edges if you’re a light person. You may experience some sinkage while sitting or lying on the sides if you’re on the heavy side.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Sleeping is one of the most rejuvenating tasks. Therefore, you must get the most comfortable sleep for a refreshing day.
The Essential mattress has been designed to offer you the best sleeping experience. The memory foam comfort layer of this bed cradles your pressure points. Thus Sure Align support layer keeps your body well supported so that your spine doesn’t bend uncomfortably.
The gel-infused memory foam layer ensures that you don’t sleep hot.
- Side Sleepers: Side sleepers need a softer bed for more outstanding cushioning near the key pressure-building areas. The Essential mattress is best suited for side sleepers across all weight categories. Average-weight sleepers weighing up to 130 lbs. should get an incredible blend of support and pressure relief from this bed. Heavier side sleepers shall sink more into the mattress, thereby experiencing greater cradling near their shoulders and hips.
- Back Sleepers: Back sleepers need a more supportive mattress to keep their spines adequately aligned and allow the hips to sink in slightly. Average weight back sleepers weighing up to 130 lbs. shall sleep well on the Essential mattress. They shall get the necessary support and sinkage. However, heavier sleepers might experience a little more sinkage. Lightweight sleepers who prefer a firm bed shall also sleep pretty well on the Essential mattress.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stomach sleepers require a more supportive mattress for proper lumbar support and spine alignment. Lightweight stomach sleepers weighing below 130 lbs shall get the appropriate support on the Essential mattress. Heavier sleepers might prefer a firmer bed for more support to prevent their spines from bending.
- Combination Sleepers- Those who alternate between various positions: Combination sleepers keep changing their position throughout the night. Therefore, they must choose a bed that will provide them with the perfect blend of support and comfort. The Essential mattress shall suit you the best if you are an average weighing person. Heavier sleepers may choose this bed if they prefer more sinkage, while lightweight sleepers should opt for this mattress if they like something firm.
|Twin XL||38x80||44 lbs||$649||$487||25%|
|Cal King||72x84||78 lbs||$949||$949||0%|
Coupons & Deals
- 25% off select mattresses & bundles, and up to 2 free plush pillows for Labor Day.