We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Brooklyn Signature Hybrid-SoftBy Brand: Brooklyn Bedding
Brooklyn Bedding deals Coupons
- 25% Off Sitewide. Use Promo Code FALL25. Sale Ends 9/26/2023.
The Arizona-based brand Brooklyn Bedding started its journey in 1995. It is a direct-to-consumer mattress and bedding brand. The brand’s long existence has been the key to continued success as a top retailer and manufacturer of private label mattresses nationwide.
Brooklyn Bedding deals with the following mattresses
- Brooklyn Signature- High Value
- Brooklyn Aurora- Most Popular
- Brooklyn Sedona- New
- Brooklyn Spartan-
- Brooklyn Boom
- Brooklyn Chill
At Brooklyn Bedding, they inspect personally, crafting every bed on demand just for shoppers. By attentively researching, engineering, and customizing every mattress at their very own factory in Phoenix, Arizona, they create your best sleep experience ever. Most mattresses come in three firmness levels or feature some customizable option to ensure the best sleep solution.
This article will look deeply into The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid Mattress‘s construction performance for various sleeping positions.
The pioneer “Best Mattress Ever,” the Brooklyn Signature combines individually encased Ascension® coils with patented hyper-responsive foam for elevated comfort and more resounding compression support—plus high-caliber Ascension® perimeter coils for more incredible edge support. Variable depths allow for a more customized sleep experience, including a traditional firm-level option.
Mattress Highlights include
- An 8” base using 961 individually encased Ascension® coils delivers deep compression support while diminishing motion transfer between sleep partners.
- High-caliber Ascension® edge coils create superior edge support along the bed’s sides, head, and foot.
- A .25″ high-density flex base contributes durability to the mattress while reinforcing individually encased coils as they compress.
- Material: Hybrid
This hybrid mattress, having individually wrapped coils and layers of foam, are available in three firmness levels: Soft, Medium, and Firm. It provides a Selection of the firmness level based on your sleeping needs. The 11-inch-tall mattress provides a blend of comfort and support. It comes in a box and is compatible with most foundations. The firmness level of the firm version lies between 7 and 9. It provides a flat and firm surface to sleep on. It is suited for back and stomach sleepers who require extra lumbar support. Available in usual sizes like Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King.
- Sizes: Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King. It also has Split Cal King, Short Full, Short Queen, Olympic Queen, Short King, and RV King.
- Pricing: Depends on size
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 120-day trial, full refund, and pickup
- Warranty: 10 years limited warranty
Pros & Cons
The Brooklyn Signature mattress is an excellent luxury hybrid mattress. The quilted breathable top helps resist body markings and provides airflow while sleeping. Variable foams in the comfort and transition layers allow you to select just the right firmness for your sleep experience:
Besides, it offers a lot.
Brooklyn Signature is Ideal for people.
- All sleepers- option to select a firmness
- Hot Sleepers
- Couples and those sleeping with partners
- Lightweight people
- Sleepers with back pain
Not so ideal for the persons
- Preferring only memory foam
- Searching budget-friendly mattress
Whether a mattress is firm or soft is relatively subjective. All mattresses should support body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping. Whether a bed is fluffy and plush (what mattress companies call soft) or less so (what companies call firm) is purely defined based on personal preferences.
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is available in three firmness choices: Soft, Medium, and Firm. The rating is on the firmness scale of 1-10. The Softer version scores three on the 10-point firmness scale, indicating a medium-soft feel. The Medium is at a 5, ideal medium firm. The Firmer option is at a 7.
This firmness is regulated with variations in constructions for the intended feel.
- Soft for people
- Mainly Side sleepers
- Searching more pressure point relief and gentler support for the body’s natural contours
- Relish the feeling of being “hugged” by your mattress
- Medium is ideal for people
- Combination Sleepers- switching between back, stomach, and side sleeper
- Searching for a balance between contouring and support
- You are a couple that needs to strike a balance with your comfort preferences
- The firm is ideal for
- Stomach and Back Sleepers
- Relish deep sink into your mattress
- Sleepers requiring additional lumbar support
- Searching a smoother, flatter surface for sleeping
Material & Construction
The Brooklyn Signature is 11.5-inch-tall hybrid mattress.
It comes with a premium quilted top that provides optimal breathability. Moreover, Premium quilted top with Titanflex™ comfort foam and Variflex™ compression support.
Let’s dig into the details of the constitution of the mattress –
- Layer 1: COVER: The Mattress comes with a 1” quilted premium cover with a smooth feel. This cover is designed to wick body heat from the sleeper’s body.The breathable cover helps sleep more deeply with temperature regulation.
- Layer 2: the 1.5-inch layer of TitanFlex™: This comfort layer below the cover consists of patented TitanFlex Foam. With immediate response technology, this comfort layer helps adjust to the body every time one moves.
- Layer 3: 1-inch VariFlex™ foam: This transitional layer between the foam and base coils helps lift the mattress’s motion isolation. This layer also combines comfort with deeper compression support.
- Layer 4: 8” zoned coil core: This layer has 8-inch Ascension X™ wound coils that provide care, durability, and stability. The rings also promote responsiveness and motion isolation, curtailing partner disturbance.
- Layer 5: 0.25 “Flex base: This layer forms the supportive base under the coil layer. Besides adding durability to the mattress, it reinforces the individually packed springs as they compress.
Various factors can add to a mattress’ level of firmness, including foam density, transition foams, and coil systems sneer 1.5″ top layer of patented TitanFlex™ foam features the contouring properties of memory foam with the responsiveness of latex. Paired with a transition layer of 1″ VariFlex™ for deeper compression support in the soft and medium versions.
Having a top cover of 1″ patented TitanFlex™ foam along with the contouring properties of memory foam and the bounciness of latex, paired with a 2″ VariFlex™ transition layer for a more restful sleep experience.
|Brooklyn Signature Hybrid-Soft|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning means sleepers can change position quickly. Many people frequently toss and turn while sleeping.
Polyfoam is a quiet, responsive substance, but the latex-like TitanFlex foam used in the Signature provides exceptional bounce. This enables you and your partner to move across the mattress very swiftly. You won’t sag deep into the bed as the condition with a memory foam mattress.
In the case of med- soft Signature is a little more difficult when moving across the surface. This model confirms the closest, so you’ll feel more sinkage when moving between the edges and the interior of the mattress. The medium-firm and firm models provide more bounce-back.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Generally, foam mattresses, particularly memory foam mattresses, tend to cradle the sleeper’s body, redistributing body weight. It can help relieve aches and soreness in the Mattress areas that exert the most force.
- Back Sleepers: People sleeping on their back tend to require more support — particularly around the hips, which may sink into softer mattresses and prevent proper spinal alignment. Sleepers sleeping on Brooklyn Signature with various firmness mattresses support the lumbar region to avoid aches and pains.
- Side sleepers:Side sleepers will greatly appreciate Brooklyn Signature Soft. The requisite support in the mid-section and the shoulder sink appropriately for optimal pressure relaxation. Sleepers also get a chance to select firmness as per their lifestyle.
- Stomach sleepers: Attaining good spinal alignment for stomach sleepers can often be trickier as the hips can tend to sink too far with some mattresses. Stability and support are crucial for “stomach sleepers” not to cause back or hip pain. The signature firm is suitable for most stomach sleepers, particularly for heavy sleepers. In general, the med firm version is comfortable for these sleepers.
- Combination Sleepers: Versatile Signature hybrid is most comfortable for most combination sleepers in any weight group. With a quick response, it doesn’t hinder the movement.
- Heavy sleepers: These categories need firmer beds to avoid getting too deep into the mattress. The Brooklyn Signature hybrid supports folks with individual weights of 300 pounds, but anyone significantly heavier might opt for the firmer models for more support.
Cooling & Temperature Control
The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid is built with multiple cooling features. First, an exclusively woven top knit ensures a neutral temperature environment. Additionally, a top layer of patented foam, called TitanFlex™, is infused with Titanium Gel™, which helps dissipate body heat.
The firm feel should provide the best temperature regulation. Indeed, you will sink very little into this mattress and thus benefit from a greater flow of surface air. The medium-soft and medium-firm models conform more tightly. For a remarkably hot sleeper, the sensation of too warm on these models as the foam contours to your body – but for the majority, the mattress should maintain a neutral temperature and be comfy regardless of the selected firmness.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
This category rates how well a mattress can prevent other sleepers in a bed from feeling when their sleep partner rolls over, shifts, or changes positions.
The Signature’s dense foam layers absorb motion to eliminate motion transfer. Transfer ripples are still visible on the surface of the soft and med-firm varieties. In the case of Signature Firm, the transfer is more visible.
If you tend to be disturbed by the movements of your sleeping partner, we recommend choosing from the med-soft or med-firm models. The firm variety Signature may be suitable if you’re a sound sleeper or prefer a more responsive bed.
All Brooklyn Bedding hybrid mattresses are created with higher gauge coils on the borders to allow for enhanced edge support. Signature is no exception.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Young or old, nobody is immune to back pain, whether chronic or temporary. It is essential to pay attention to where you put your head (and back).
Let’s get a clear idea about the Sleeping style depending on the firmness variations.
- Side Sleepers: The soft version of the mattress should be the most suitable option for side sleepers. The hips and the shoulders are expected to sink in just the right amount, relieving the pressure points.
- Back Sleepers: The medium and firm options are appropriate for back sleepers. The mattress will offer the perfect blend of comfort and support. In the medium variant, your hips will sink a little bit, helping in pressure point relief. For heavy people, the firmer option is more suitable for pressure point relief.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stomach sleepers should either opt for the Medium or the firm variant for proper support at your lower back. Average-weight people should go for the firmer option so that their hips do not sink too much. Heavier stomach sleepers might find this mattress unsuitable.
|Twin||11.5 x 38 x 75||55 lbs||$665||$465||30%|
|Twin XL||11.5 x 38 x 80||70 lbs||$832||$582||30%|
|Full||11.5 x 53 x 75||90 lbs||$999||$699||30%|
|Queen||11.5 x 60 x 80||105 lbs||$1332||$932||30%|
|Cal King||11.5 x 72 x 84||120 lbs||$1599||$1119||30%|
|King||11.5 x 76 x 80||120 lbs||$1599||$1119||30%|
Coupons & Deals
- 25% Off Sitewide. Use Promo Code FALL25. Sale Ends 9/26/2023.