We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Dreamfoam Copper Firm 12 InchBy Brand: Dreamfoam Bedding
Dreamfoam Bedding deals Coupons
- 25% Off Sitewide. Use Promo Code PRESDAY25. Sale Ends 2/27/2024.
1. Can you give some background about the Dreamfoam Copper mattress collection?
The Dreamfoam Copper mattress combines the deep contouring properties and reduced motion transmission of memory foam with the cooling effects of a copper-graphite infusion and individually wrapped coils to provide cloud-like comfort at a fraction of the cost. The Dreamfoam Copper is one of our most sumptuous sleep experiences, with multiple layers of high-end foam.
The top memory foam layer contains a copper-graphite infusion that pulls heat away from the body. The body is contoured by a second layer of memory foam, providing targeted pressure point relief. A 2-inch layer of foam between the coil core and the intermediate layer provides a more comfortable transition. Deep compression support is provided by a 6-inch base with up to 961 individually encased coils, which reduces motion transfer between sleep partners.
Dreamfoam Copper has two models (Medium-Firm and Firm) that contain polyester blend cooling covers and many layers of memory foam, giving them that classic memory foam feels without trapping too much heat. It is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, Split California King.
2. Describe briefly what sizes are available in Dreamfoam Copper mattresses?
There are two versions of the Dreamfoam Copper:
- 12-inch firm mattress – The 12-inch type, classified as cloud-like comfort, provides firmer support. It has a tertiary layer of memory foam for a gentler transition to the high-density core and a premium smooth top weave, and a copper-graphite infusion for additional cooling advantages.
- 13-inch medium-firm mattress – The 13-inch model offers a medium-firmness sleep experience. The mattress has a tertiary layer of memory foam for a gentler transition to the high-density core and a premium smooth top weave, and a copper-graphite infusion for additional cooling advantages. With the extra height of the supplementary layer of copper-graphite-infused memory foam in the Copper 13-inch model, the mattress provides a higher level of contouring.
Pros & Cons
1. Who would you recommend Dreamfoam Copper mattress to?
The Dreamfoam Copper has a lot to offer sleepers. It is suggested for
- Folks who want an affordable online mattress
- Folks who are hot sleepers
- Heavier stomach and back sleepers, if they opt for the firmer version
- Side sleepers if they opt for the medium-firm version
2. Who should avoid the Dreamfoam Copper mattress collection?
The Dreamfoam Copper mattresses are not recommended for
- Fans of innerspring mattresses
- Those who prefer an extra-firm or extra-soft bed
1. How firm do you think Dreamfoam Copper Mattress are?
It might be tough to tell if a mattress is firm or soft. All mattresses should support weight, promote appropriate spinal alignment, and give a comfortable and restful night’s sleep. Whether a mattress is fluffy and spongy (what mattress companies call soft or plush) or less so is a matter of personal preference (what brands call firm).
The Dreamfoam Copper comes in two comfort levels and allow you to customize your mattress:
- The 12-inch model offers firm support.
- The 13-inch model offers a medium firmness sleep experience.
In the top memory foam layer of the 12-inch model, there is a 1.5-inch copper-graphite infusion. It has excellent conductivity, wicking heat away from the body and maintaining a comfortable body temperature all night. It is 3 inches in the case of the 13-inch model.
The second layer of 2.5-inch memory foam is included in the 12-inch model. It shapes the body while also relieving pressure points. It is 2 inches in the case of the 13-inch model.
In terms of comfort and support, the mattresses are well-balanced, making them suitable for various sleeping positions.
Material & Construction
1. Can you walk us through some of the unique technology, design and materials used in construction of Dreamfoam Copper? Why it is so important?
The Dreamfoam Copper is a superior smooth top weave fabric designed to keep the mattress cool to the touch. The initial comfort layer in the 12-inch firm variant is 1.5-inch memory foam with a copper-graphite infusion. This is intended to keep the mattress cool by drawing heat away from the body. It is 3 inches in the 13-inch medium-firm variant. A 2.5-inch layer of memory foam rests beneath this in the 12-inch variant, which helps mold the body and relieve pressure points. For the 13-inch version, it is 2 inches. After that, a 2-inch layer of transition foam is applied. A 6-inch layer of up to 961 individually enclosed coils provides deep compression support beneath that.
Construction of the 12-inch firm model:
- Layer 1: On contact, a premium smooth top weave provides cooling effects.
- Layer 2: Superior conductivity is provided by a 1.5-inch copper-graphite infusion in the top memory foam layer. It draws excess heat away from the body and maintains appropriate body temperature throughout the night.
- Layer 3: A second 2.5-inch layer of memory foam molds the body while relieving pressure points.
- Layer 4: A 2-inch layer of foam between the coil core and the intermediate layer provides a more comfortable transition.
- Layer 5: Deep compression support is provided by a 6-inch base with up to 961 individually encased coils, which reduces motion transfer between sleep partners.
Construction of the 13-inch medium-firm model:
All layers are the same, except:
- Layer 2: Superior conductivity is provided by a 3-inch copper-graphite infusion in the top memory foam layer, which draws excess heat away from the body and maintains appropriate body temperature throughout the night.
- Layer 3: A 2-inch layer of memory foam molds the body while also alleviating pressure points.
|Dreamfoam Copper Firm 12 Inch
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
Q1. How would you rate Dreamfoam Copper Mattress from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
Sleepers who shift themselves during the night will find it easier if they have the right mattress. Memory foam and softer foam mattresses sink in, making it more difficult for the sleeper to change positions.
Dreamfoam Copper isn’t much better in this sense, though. It has the feel of slow-moving quicksand, so shifting postures are difficult. The coil core, on the other hand, is lively and responsive. This helps with repositioning to a degree.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2. Does Dreamfoam Copper provide superior comfort, back support and pressure relief?
When shopping for a mattress, be sure it offers enough back support, spinal alignment, and pressure relief. Maintaining proper spinal position when sleeping is critical for good back health. This implies the mattress should support your spine like it does while you’re standing. When a mattress pushes back against your body with too much force in a concentrated area, it can cause pain, discomfort, lack of circulation, recurrent tossing, and other problems. Side sleepers, in particular, should be cautious about “pressure points,” as this is the position in which your body’s weight is distributed over the smallest surface area.
Pressure release refers to a bed’s ability to reduce stress in the shoulders, hips, and lower back. The ability of a mattress to achieve this is primarily controlled by your weight, sleeping position, and body shape. Another question for heavy sleepers is whether the foam version can hold its weight without sagging all the way to the bottom support layer.
Regretfully, no mattress can provide the same spinal alignment and pressure alleviation level to all sleepers. Variable spinal alignment and pressure reduction capabilities will be found in sleepers of diverse weights, body types, and sleep postures.
The Dreamfoam Copper by DreamFoam Bedding is the most opulent of DreamFoam’s latex alternative mattresses. The 12-inch type, classified as cloud-like comfort, provides firmer support, while the 13-inch model offers a medium firmness sleep experience. Both have a tertiary layer of memory foam for a gentler transition to the high-density core, as well as a premium smooth top weave and a copper-graphite infusion for additional cooling advantages. Due to the extra height of the supplementary layer of copper-graphite-infused memory foam in the Dreamfoam Copper 13-inch model, it provides a higher level of contouring.
- Back Sleepers: Back sleepers need more support, particularly around the hips, which can sink into softer beds and prevent proper spinal alignment. Dreamfoam Copper medium-firm is a wonderful choice for back sleepers who prefer a softer sensation and are of average weight (130 to 230 pounds). The Dreamfoam Copper medium-firm should be an excellent fit for all sorts of lightweight sleepers (under 130 pounds). Light back sleepers should also find a good combination of support and comfort.
- Side sleepers: The Dreamfoam Copper medium-firm version is recommended for side sleepers of average weight. People who sleep in this position frequently acquire shoulder aches over time. Slow-moving memory foam in the Copper Dream, on the other hand, helps relieve pressure on joints, making it an excellent choice for side sleepers. The medium-firm mattress’s pressure-relieving design is also appealing to light-side sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers: As certain mattresses enable the hips to sink too far, stomach sleepers may find it more challenging to achieve good spinal alignment. For “stomach sleepers,” stability and support are especially crucial to avoid back and hip pain. Dreamfoam Copper’s firm model is ideal for heavier stomach sleepers. Both models will provide support and comfort to lightweight stomach sleepers.
- Heavy sleepers: People who are overweight put a lot of strain on the bed. Dreamfoam Copper’s firm model is ideal for heavier stomach and back sleepers.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3. How would you rate cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of Dreamfoam Copper Mattresses?
The capacity of memory foam mattresses to retain heat is well-known. As the sleepers sink into the memory foam layer, it creates a snug feeling and traps heat. This is not the case with hybrid mattresses.
The Dreamfoam Copper mattress has a superior smooth weaved top that provides cooling advantages on touch in both the 12-inch and 13-inch models. Superior conductivity is provided by a copper-graphite infusion in the top memory foam layer. It draws excess heat away from the body and maintains appropriate body temperature throughout the night. Each foam layer also has open-cell technology for increased ventilation.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4. Does Dreamfoam Copper Mattresses provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing bed with others?
This category assesses a mattress’s ability to keep other individuals in the bed from being disturbed when their spouse rolls over, adjusts, or changes positions. You never know when your companion will get up or move in such a mattress.
In both Dreamfoam Copper versions, a 6-inch base with up to 961 individually encased coils provides deep compression support while reducing motion transfer between sleep partners. It allows for extraordinary responsiveness, which helps to reduce sleep disruption.
Q5. How would you rate edge support of Dreamfoam Copper Mattresses?
Foam mattresses aren’t always very supportive along the mattress’s very edge, which is important if you wish to sit or sleep on the edge of the bed. Couples should also think about edge support, as poor performance in this area confines both sleeping and sexual activity to the middle of the bed. As you get in and out of bed, the bed may flex if you sit on the edge, causing a disturbance to your partner. This is a common problem with all-foam mattresses. In this regard, hybrid mattresses are superior.
In both Dreamfoam Copper versions, a 6-inch base with up to 961 individually enclosed coils provides deep compression support. Furthermore, the high-caliber “Ascension” perimeter coils provide more edge support along the bed’s sides, head, and foot.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
1. Who would you recommend Dreamfoam Copper mattress based on individual sleeping style?
For our bodies to recuperate and rejuvenate, we all need to sleep soundly, regardless of what posture we sleep in. We shrink by one to two inches during the day. The intervertebral discs contract due to a lack of fluid, resulting in this disorder. The discs are repaired during the night by the fluid. You must sleep in a comfortable position for this to work. When we say we’re in a good situation, what exactly do we mean? Side, back, and stomach sleepers, as well as individuals who prefer a combination of these positions, are the three types of sleepers. All three people have different needs and hence have different experiences regarding the level of comfort, support, and flexibility that a mattress can provide.
- Side Sleepers: Sleeping on one’s side is the norm for the great majority of individuals. The body can sink into the mattress, but the waist and spine must be supported and corrected. This helps to keep neck and back problems at bay in the morning. The support portions for these areas should be flexible to reduce pressure on the neck and pelvis. A mattress that delivers contouring comfort and solid support is ideal for side sleepers.
Due to the extra height of the secondary layer of copper-graphite-infused memory foam in the Dreamfoam Copper 13-inch medium-firm model, it provides a higher level of contouring. As a result, it’s better suited to side sleepers.
- Back Sleepers: If you prefer to sleep on your back, make sure your shoulders and hips sink far enough into the mattress to avoid painful arches. Back sleepers, on the other hand, prefer to feel as though they’re “sleeping on” a mattress rather than “sleeping in” one. Sinking too deeply into a mattress can be painful for a back sleeper, especially if their hips sink deeper than the rest of their body, placing pressure on their lower back. Back sleepers want a mattress that gently cradles the hips while providing adequate support to maintain proper spinal alignment.
The Dreamfoam Copper mattress comes in two sizes: 12-inch and 13-inch. Both give plenty of support for back sleepers. The 12-inch Dreamfoam Copper is the firmer of the two mattresses, providing a more “sleep on top” experience.
- Stomach Sleepers: A less flexible mattress with good firmness is best for resting on your stomach. This prevents your stomach from sinking too far into your body, limiting your movements and leading to curvature. This puts a strain on the shoulders and the neck. Stomach sleepers, in particular, require extra support to keep their spine upright and comfortable. A soft mattress could lead a stomach sleeper’s midsection to sink into the support core, causing lower back stress. A firmer mattress prevents this by offering regular support. Many stomach sleepers like the firmer form of Dreamfoam Copper because it provides a “sleep-on-top” experience.
- Combination Sleepers-Those who alternate between various positions: Are you one of those guys that sleep on his back, stomach, side, and back all night, weary from each position? It’s not as if you’re entirely alone. About 20 times per night, the majority of people shift positions. The best combo sleeper mattress is sensitive to motion while successfully isolating it. As it has a more responsive memory foam feel, the Firm Dreamfoam Copper model is a good choice for combo sleepers.
Coupons & Deals
- 25% Off Sitewide. Use Promo Code PRESDAY25. Sale Ends 2/27/2024.