We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
BedInABox Azul MattressBy Brand: BedInABox
BedInABox deals Coupons
- 25% off select mattresses & bundles, and up to 2 free plush pillows for Labor Day.
Azul by BedInABox is a multi-foam offering featuring an extra layer of cooling material to promote cooler sleeping. The mattress is 11 inches high and has a medium-soft feel, measuring around 3 or 4 out of 10.
The Azul mattress comes wrapped in a smooth knit cover. Beneath the cover lies the UltraCool layer made up of phase change material. This layer ensures more prolonged periods of cooling while sleeping. The comfort layer of the mattress is made up of CoolRest gel memory foam. A Plauralux transition layer follows this layer. The support base of the bed has Sure Align support foam for greater support.
The Azul mattress is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King sizes.
Other models from the stable of BedInABox include The Essential, Original, Tranquillium, Dual Hybrid, and Eco-Lux mattresses.
This section will review the BedInABox Azul Mattress in detail.
- Material: UltraCool phase change material, CoolRest Memory Foam, Plauralux Transition Foam, Sure Align Support Foam
- Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King sizes.
- Pricing: Depends on size & variety
- Shipping & Delivery: Free Shipping
- Trial & Return: 120-night Trial and Free Returns
- Warranty: 20-year Warranty
Pros & Cons
BEST if you:
- Like memory foam
- Prefer the sinking sensation
- Are a hot sleeper
NOT IDEAL if you:
- Need a firm bed
The Azul is a medium-soft bed. This mattress offers you ample cushioning necessary for a good night’s sleep with its all-foam structure. The comfort layer of this mattress is made up of 3-inches of 3 lb CoolRest memory foam. This layer offers excellent sinkage and pressure relief. The 2-inch Plauralux transition layer provides a gentle transition to the foam base. The support core of the bed consists of 6-inches thick, 2 lb Sure Align foam. It promotes spine alignment and prevents your body from sinking too deep into the mattress.
Material & Construction
The Azul is an all-foam mattress. It stands 11-inches tall with a medium-soft level of firmness.
This mattress comes wrapped in a luxurious smooth knit cover.
An UltraCool layer made up of phase change material lies under the cover. This layer ensures more prolonged periods of cooling.
The comfort layer of this mattress uses 3-inches of 3 lb CoolRest memory foam. This layer is gel-infused and offers excellent pressure relief.
Under the comfort layer lies a 2-inch thick transition layer. This layer is made up of Plauralux foam. It gradually transitions from the comfort layer to the firmer support base.
The support core of the Azul is made up of 6-inches of 2 lb Sure Align foam. This layer is designed to keep your body well supported and have better spine alignment.
- Layer 1: This is the UltraCool layer that lies under the cover. It is designed to offer you a cooler sleeping experience.
- Layer 2: This is the comfort layer of the mattress, made up of 3-inches of 3 lb CoolRest memory foam.
- Layer 3: This is the 2-inch transition layer featuring Plauralux foam for a gradual transition to the base of the mattress.
- Layer 4: This layer forms the support core of the Azul mattress. It is made up of 6-inches thick, 2 lb Sure Align foam.
|BedInABox Azul Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning refers to how easily you can change your position on the bed.
The Azul, being a medium-soft bed, conforms to your body closely. Therefore, you might feel a little stuck while moving on the bed.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Comfort, pressure relief, and support are vital factors to consider while choosing a mattress.
With its all-foam design, the Azul mattress offers you the best comfort and pressure relief. Due to its medium softness, the mattress provides ample conforming. The CoolRest gel memory foam comfort layer cradles the pressure points and allows for some sinkage. The transition layer of the bed offers some support and a gradual transition to the base layer. The Sure Align foam base promotes great spine alignment and keeps your body well supported.
Thanks to the UltraCool phase change material layer, you shall sleep cool on the Azul. This layer wicks away body heat to help you sleep cool throughout the night.
Consider your sleeping position to determine how well the Azul Mattress shall suit you.
- Side Sleepers: The Azul mattress is quite a good choice for side sleepers. Light and average weighing sleepers up to 150 lbs shall get excellent pressure relief and comfort from this mattress. However, heavier sleepers up to 230 lbs and above may experience more sinkage.
- Back Sleepers: Light and average-weight sleepers up to 130 lbs shall find enough comfort and support from this mattress. Those weighing up to 230 lbs and above may find this mattress soft.
- Stomach Sleepers: Lightweight stomach sleepers up to 130 lbs shall find some support from this mattress. However, heavier sleepers over 130 lbs may experience too much sinkage.
- Heavy Sleepers: Heavy sleepers might prefer a firmer bed to avoid sinking too deep. The Azul, being medium-soft, conforms closely to the body, thereby increasing your chances of sinking in more.
Cooling & Temperature Control
The Azul offers you a cooler sleeping experience. This bed comes with an UltraCool layer beneath the cover. This layer wicks away heat to promote more excellent cooling. The gel infusion in the Azul’s memory foam layer also wicks away body heat. Thus you won’t have to worry about waking up hot in the middle of the night.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Motion isolation is the ability of a mattress to prevent sleepers from feeling when their partner moves.
Being an all-foam mattress, the Azul performs exceptionally well in absorbing motion transfer. The dense foam layers form a close conforming and prevent motion from traveling to other bedsides. Thus, you can rest assured of getting a peaceful night’s sleep without feeling it when your partner moves.
Edge support refers to how sturdy a mattress is near the sides. Firm edge support implies greater usable area on the bed.
Most all-foam mattresses lack proper edge support. So is the case with the Azul as well. Its soft foam layers have been designed for greater conforming and pressure relief. Therefore, the sides of the bed may sink in when pressure is applied.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
- Side Sleepers: Side sleepers need a softer bed for more outstanding cushioning near the key pressure-building areas. The Azul mattress is quite a good choice for side sleepers. Light and average weighing sleepers up to 150 lbs shall find excellent pressure relief and comfort from this mattress. However, heavier sleepers up to 230 lbs and above may experience more sinkage.
- Back Sleepers: Back sleepers need a more supportive mattress to keep their spines adequately aligned and allow the hips to sink in slightly. Light and average-weight sleepers up to 130 lbs shall find enough comfort and support from this mattress. Those weighing up to 230 lbs and above may find this mattress soft and experience more sinkage.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stomach sleepers require a more supportive mattress for proper lumbar support and spine alignment. Lightweight stomach sleepers up to 130 lbs shall find some help from this mattress. However, heavier sleepers over 130 lbs may experience too much sinkage and spinal bending.
- Combination Sleepers- Those who alternate between various positions: Combination sleepers keep changing their position throughout the night. Therefore, they must choose a bed that will provide them with the perfect blend of support and comfort. The Azul is a medium-soft bed. Its foam layers are designed to conform closely to your body. You might find this mattress a little soft if you’re a heavy sleeper. Average or lightweight sleepers shall find this bed comforting enough.
|Twin XL||38x80x11||62 lbs||$999||$749||25%|
|Cal King||72x84x11||113 lbs||$1499||$1124||25%|
Coupons & Deals
- 25% off select mattresses & bundles, and up to 2 free plush pillows for Labor Day.