We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Casper MattressBy Brand: Casper
The Casper mattress is a medium-firm, all-foam mattress known for its pressure-relieving support and cooling properties. It features a proprietary blend of foams designed to conform to your body and provide a comfortable night’s sleep. The Casper mattress is cool and breathable, which can help you sleep peacefully.
Q1. What is unique about the Casper mattress? Does it provide superior cooling, comfort, back support, and pressure relief?
Casper is a popular mattress brand that gained recognition for being one of the pioneers of the bed-in-a-box concept.
- Proprietary Foam Blend: The Casper mattress’s blend of foams provides effective pressure relief, cooling, and support. The top layer of foam is a soft, responsive foam layer that conforms to your body, while the bottom layers are more supportive foams that provide a firm foundation.
- Cooling technology: The mattress is cool and breathable, which can help you sleep more soundly. The top layer of foam has perforated layers to help prevent heat buildup, and the mattress also features a cooling gel layer that helps to draw heat away from your body.
- 100-night sleep trial: It comes with a 100-night sleep trial so that you can try it out risk-free. You can return it for a full refund.
The Casper mattress provides many people with adequate cooling, comfort, back support, and pressure relief. However, it is important to note that each individual is different, so what works for one person may not work for another.
- Comfort: The Casper mattress is considered to be comfortable for most people. The top layer of foam is soft and responsive, while the bottom layers are more supportive. However, some people find the mattress too soft, while others find it too firm.
- Back support: The mattress provides good back support for most people. The top layer of foam conforms to your body, while the bottom layers offer a firm foundation.
- Pressure relief: The Casper mattress provides good pressure relief for most people. The top layer of foam conforms to your body, which can help to relieve pressure points. Some people with heavier body types may find that the mattress does not relieve enough pressure.
Q2. How firm is The Casper mattress?
The Casper is a medium-firm mattress. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest, this mattress is rated as 6.5. Even though it has a firm feel, the soft foam materials are soft to touch and offer relief to shoulders and hips.
Q3. How thick is The Casper Mattress?
The Casper is an all-foam sleep mattress with a 10-inch profile and three foam layers. Its cozy knit cover has an added stretch to help you enjoy the full comfort of the mattress.
Q4. Is The Casper Mattress Safe?
The Casper mattress uses CertiPUR-US® certified polyurethane foams that meet stringent quality standards. The manufacturing process does not use ozone-depleting chemicals and phthalates, as per the norms of Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Additionally, rigorous testing ensures that their foams have low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions, contributing to healthier indoor air quality with levels below 0.5 parts per million.
The Casper Mattress features two layers of breathable foam, providing sufficient airflow for enhanced comfort. The second layer consists of memory foam, offering personalized support and pressure relief. Finally, the mattress has a durable base of polyurethane foam, ensuring long-lasting stability and support for a truly satisfying sleep experience.
Q5. What sizes are available for The Casper mattresses?
The Casper Mattress comes in six standard sizes – Full, Twin, Twin XL, King, Queen, and California King.
Q6. Briefly discuss Casper Mattress’s policy on shipping, delivery, risk-free trial, and warranty.
The Casper Mattress has a customer-centric approach when it comes to shipping, delivery, risk-free trials, and warranty. It offers a customer-friendly policyin these three areas.
- Shipping and Delivery: Casper mattresses are shipped free of charge to most addresses in the contiguous United States and Canada. Mattresses are shipped compressed and rolled up in a box, typically arriving within 1-2 weeks of being ordered.
Before shipping the Casper mattresses are compressed and placed in rolled-up boxes as this practice aids in more efficient and affordable shipment. The box is typically 18 inches wide, 36 inches long, and 12 inches high.
- Risk-Free Trial: Casper understands the importance of getting a good night’s sleep and offers mattresses with a risk-free trial period. This way, customers can try out the mattress in the comfort of their homes for an extended duration.
The Casper mattress offers a 100-night risk-free trial. This policy means you can sleep on the mattress for 100 nights and return it for a full refund if you are unhappy. To return a mattress, you can contact Casper customer service, who will arrange a pickup.
- Warranty: The Casper mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. If your mattress develops a defect during the warranty period, Casper will repair or replace it for you. To file a warranty claim, you can contact Casper customer service, who will help you start the process.
Overall, the Casper’s policy on shipping and delivery ensures a convenient and cost-effective experience for customers. Their risk-free trial allows customers to try the mattress at home, while the warranty provides long-term assurance and support. These customer-centric policies reflect Casper’s commitment to ensuring satisfaction and a seamless experience for every customer.
Pros & Cons
Q1. Who would you recommend The Casper mattress to?
The Casper Mattress is a medium-firm all-foam mattress. It is recommended for sleepers, who
- Prefer a medium-firm feel. It provides the right amount of support for the back.
- Are looking for lower back support. The mattress has a zoned support system. This provides more support in areas where it is needed most, such as the lower back.
- Have shoulder pain. The Casper mattress has a soft feel at the shoulders, which can help to alleviate shoulder pain.
- Are looking for environmental friendly mattresses. The mattress is made with CertiPUR-US® certified foam, which is free of harmful chemicals.
- Want long trials. The mattress comes with a 100-night risk-free trial, so you can try it out for yourself and see if you like it.
Q2. Who should avoid The Casper mattress?
The Casper Mattress mattresses is not recommended for sleepers who
- Are heavy sleepers in need of a firmer support
- Are stomach sleepers for they may find it too soft
- Prefer much sinkage as this mattress does not feature body-contouring
The Casper all-foam has a medium-firm feel. It has a firmness rating of 6.5 on the 10-point firmness scale, meaning it is neither too soft nor too firm. This makes it a good choice for people who want a mattress that provides support without being too hard.
The Casper all-foam mattress comes with three layers of foam:
- A top layer of Casper signature foam adapts to a sleeper’s body and offers a soothing support. The AirScape® technology boosts the airflow of the perforated polyfoam, helping sleepers wake up refreshed.
- A middle layer of premium memory foam that conforms to your body and provides pressure relief.
- A firm base layer of high-density ProSupport foam provides support and stability.
The Casper all-foam mattress is a good choice for people who want a medium-firm mattress that provides support and comfort. It is also a good choice for people who sleep hot, as the perforated polyfoam layer helps to keep the mattress cool.
The firmness of the mattress can vary depending on your weight and sleeping position. Heavier sleepers may find the mattress firmer, while lighter sleepers may find it softer.
Experience the Luxury of All-foam Mattresses: Explore Our Top-rated Mattress Reviews.
Material & Construction
Q1. What are the unique technology, design, and materials used in the construction of The Casper Mattress?
The Casper mattress features a three-layer foam design and a cozy knit cover. It begins with a stretchy cover followed by a top layer of breathable aerated foam. Underneath lies a middle section featuring zoned support, concluding with a sturdy bottom layer of high-density poly foam.
This combination of materials aims to achieve a balanced and medium-firm feel.
- Cover: Crafted from a knit polyester blend, the mattress cover of the Casper boasts a soft and stretchy texture.
- Comfort Layer: Casper’s Airscape® foam serves as the top layer. This material responds slowly to pressure, allowing sleepers to sink in and experience relief from pressure points, particularly in the shoulders and hips.
While this contouring effect might typically cause overheating, the foam’s surface features small aerations that enhance breathability, facilitating airflow and dissipating trapped body heat.
- Transition Layer: The subsequent layer consists of memory foam designed to provide zoned support. It has three distinct zones; each zone offers a slightly different level of firmness.
Softer foam, situated around the shoulders, alleviates pressure, while firmer foam supports the hips, offering a gentle lift. This meticulous zoning creates a harmonious and well-balanced sensation, promoting a healthy, neutral spine alignment.
- Base Layer: This mattress rests on a thick layer of high-density poly foam at its base. This layer furnishes structural integrity and stability to the overall mattress design.
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
Q1. How would you rate The Casper Mattress from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
- Repositioning refers to how easy or difficult it is to change positions on a mattress. A mattress with good repositioning allows you to move and adjust your body without feeling stuck or restricted. Responsiveness, on the other hand, refers to how quickly a mattress adapts to changes in pressure and movement.
- The Casper mattress is easy to reposition. This is because the top layer of perforated polyfoam is soft and comfortable but not too soft. This means you can easily move around on the mattress without feeling like sinking into it. The second layer of zoned memory foam also helps prevent sinkage, making repositioning easier.
The Casper mattress is also responsive. This means that it can quickly bounce back into shape after you move. This is important for people who sleep hot, as it helps to keep the mattress cool. The responsiveness of the Casper mattress also makes it easy to change positions without feeling stuck.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2. How would you rate The Casper Mattress for providing comfort and pressure relief to sleepers?
The Casper mattress is a good choice for people who want a mattress that is both comfortable and provides pressure relief. The perforated polyfoam top layer and the zoned memory foam help to create a soft, cushiony surface that conforms to your body and relieves pressure on your joints and muscles.
Here is a detailed look at how the Casper Mattress offers comfort and pressure relief to sleepers:
- Comfort: The Casper mattress is comfortable and suitable for a variety of sleeping positions. The top layer of perforated polyfoam is soft and cushiony, but it is also not too soft. This means you can sink in enough to feel supported but not so much that you feel like you are sinking into the mattress.
The second layer of zoned memory foam provides additional comfort and pressure relief. The zoned memory foam is firmer in the middle, which helps to prevent sinkage and supports your lower back.
- Pressure Relief: Sleepers often experience pressure points in their hips and shoulders, as these areas tend to be wider and heavier, exerting more pressure on the mattress. Insufficient contouring can result in the accumulation of pressure.
- The Casper Mattress addresses this issue by providing close conformity to the sleeper’s body, effectively redistributing body weight and alleviating pressure points. The memory foam layer offers additional support, specifically around the midsection, preventing excessive sinking of the hips. This combination of pressure relief and support can be particularly beneficial for individuals experiencing aches and pains.
- The medium firm feel of the Casper mattress suits sleepers weighing under 230 pounds. Most individuals within this weight range should experience adequate sinkage for comfortable contouring and well-balanced support. However, sleepers over 230 pounds might find the Casper slightly too soft, potentially leading to increased pressure points if the foam compresses excessively.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3. How would you rate the cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of The Casper Mattress?
The Casper mattress traps less heat than many other all-foam mattresses. The top layer of perforated polyfoam allows air to circulate, which helps to dissipate heat away from the sleeper’s body.
The second layer of zoned memory foam is firmer in the middle to prevent sinkage, and it is also more breathable than most high-density foams. As a result, the two-layer comfort system conforms closely to the sleeper’s body without trapping as much heat.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4. Does The Casper Mattresses provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing a bed with others?
The Casper mattress, all-foam mattress is good at motion isolation. This means that movements made by one person on the mattress are less likely to be felt by the other person.
With its two-layer comfort system, the Casper mattress effectively absorbs and minimizes motion transfer. The top layer, made of polyfoam, offers a slightly buoyant sensation, which contributes to reducing the transmission of motion. The layer of memory foam further absorbs movement by contouring the body and preventing it from spreading to other areas of the mattress.
This strong motion isolation proves advantageous for couples who share a bed. If one person tosses and turns during the night, the other person is less likely to be disturbed. This feature is especially valuable for light sleepers or individuals who tend to wake up with the slightest movement or disturbance.
Q5. How would you rate the edge support of The Casper Mattresses?
Many all-foam mattresses lack reinforced edges, which can result in the feeling of instability when approaching the bed’s perimeter. The compression of the foam near the edges may make it more challenging to sit or sleep comfortably in those areas.
The Casper mattress distinguishes itself by incorporating a thicker support core, giving the edges a sturdier feel than many other all-foam models. However, some sinkage may still be noticeable when sitting or sleeping near the edge. Individuals weighing over 230 pounds are likely to experience more pronounced sinkage than those with lighter body weight.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
- The Casper Mattress suits side sleepers, thanks to its close conforming and pressure relief capabilities. The combination of a polyfoam layer and a memory foam layer in the comfort system provides a contouring effect that alleviates pressure points and offers a comforting embrace. Additionally, the zoned layer prevents excessive sinking of the hips, promoting better spinal alignment for side sleepers.
- For individuals weighing under 230 pounds, the Casper’s medium firm feel strikes an ideal balance between contouring and support, making it particularly suitable for side sleepers in this weight range.
- However, side sleepers over 230 pounds may not find it as comfortable. Heavier individuals typically prefer a firmer mattress, and the medium feel of the Casper may result in excessive sinkage and potential misalignment of the spine near the hips and shoulders.
- Back sleepers generally prefer a medium to medium-firm feel, as they require an even surface that maintains proper spinal alignment while still providing some cushioning. The Casper, being a medium-firm mattress, leans towards the softer end of the range that back sleepers typically favor.
- Back sleepers weighing under 230 pounds and desiring a softer feel may find the Casper Mattress enjoyable. The two comfort layers of the mattress cradle the sleeper and relieve pressure points. The zoned memory foam layer also provides enhanced support around the hips, preventing excessive sinking for lighter back sleepers.
- On the other hand, individuals weighing over 230 pounds usually require a firmer mattress to achieve an adequate balance between cushioning and support. The medium feel of the Casper might not provide enough firmness to prevent deeper sinkage around the hips for heavier back sleepers, potentially leading to pressure points and spinal misalignment.
- Stomach sleepers often carry more weight around their midsections, necessitating a mattress with sufficient support to prevent excessive sinking of the hips. Excessive sinkage can lead to poor alignment and strain the sleeper’s spine.
- The Casper’s zoned layer, which offers extra support in the midsection, can be beneficial for stomach sleepers. However, the medium feel of the mattress may not provide adequate support for some stomach sleepers, particularly those weighing over 230 pounds.
Hope our detailed mattress review on The Casper mattress has answered all your queries. Claim the best deals on The Casper mattress now!
Coupons & Deals
- Up to 30% off everything.
- Refer a friend, get $75.