We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Q1. Can you provide some background information about Simmons?
Simmons has been in the mattress industry for over 150 years, providing its customers with the most affordable and choicest mattresses. The company uses CertiPUR-US certified materials that are 100% safe and free of harmful chemicals. The Simmons mattresses are assembled in America. The company offers free shipping, a 10-year warranty, and a 100-night sleep trial.
Q2. Can you walk us through the different mattresses offered by Simmons?
Simmons is known for its memory foam mattresses. But the company has now grown to offer you hybrid mattress models and the newest Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress designed in collaboration with Charli and Dixie.
Here’s a list of the mattresses from the stable of Simmons:
- Simmons Memory Foam Mattress
- Firm Memory Foam Mattress
- Medium Memory Foam Mattress
- Plush Memory Foam Mattress
- Simmons Hybrid Mattress
- Medium Hybrid Mattress
- Plush Hybrid Mattress
- Charli & Dixie x Simmons
Pros & Cons
Q1. Who is more likely to enjoy the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress?
Sleepers who might enjoy the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress more are those who
- Like memory foam mattresses
- Require more motion isolation
- Prefer not sinking too much into their bed
Q1. What are the size options for the Simmons mattresses?
Here’s the list of the Simmons mattresses and the sizes they are available in
- Firm Memory Foam Mattress: Twin, Full, Queen, King
- Medium Memory Foam Mattress: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King
- Plush Memory Foam Mattress: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King
- Medium Hybrid Mattress: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King
- Plush Hybrid Mattress: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King
- Charli & Dixie x Simmons Mattress: Twin, Full, Queen, King
Material & Construction
Q1. Can you guide us through the construction of the Charli & Dixie x Simmons Mattress?
The newly launched Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress has a construction similar to the Simmons Memory Foam mattress. This bed has an all-foam design and a thin breathable cover for greater airflow. The height of the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress is 10-inches.
Detailed construction of the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress:
- Cover: The cover is made up of think breathable material with a bit of quilted foam for more softness.
- Comfort Layer: This layer lies beneath the cover. It is made up of gel memory foam that offers enhanced pressure relief. The gel infusion dissipates heat to help you sleep cool.
- Support Layer: This is the bottom-most layer of the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress. It is made up of high-density polyfoam. The support layer provides overall support to the bed and prevents extra sinkage.
|Simmons Charli and Dixie Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Being an all-foam offering, you may experience some sinkage while sleeping on the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattresses. However, given its medium level of firmness, you might also feel some support.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Based on personal reviews, here’s how the Charli & Dixie x Simmons Mattress performs on the bases of Pressure Relief, Responsiveness, Cooling, Motion Isolation, Edge Support:
The Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress has a medium firmness. The mattress rates around 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale (with 0 being the firmest and 10 being the plushest). The Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress has an all-foam built. It offers you a perfect balance of support and comfort. These mattresses allow you to sink in slightly and conform to the pressure areas. The memory foam comfort layers provide excellent contouring, while the base of the bed offers great support.
Cooling & Temperature Control
The Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress does trap some heat due to its all-foam construction. However, the gel infusion in the memory foam layers performs to wick away some heat. The breathable cotton cover also allows for greater airflow. But the hot sleepers might prefer a cooler mattress to sleep on.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
The Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress offers excellent motion isolation. The bed has a unique motion isolation layer to enable the sleepers to enjoy a disturbance-free sleep. Its dense foam layers prevent motion from traveling to other sides of the bed. Thus, you won’t feel when your partner moves.
The Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress offers average edge support. The foam layers will sag in somewhat when pressure is applied near the sides, causing some sinkage.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Q1. Which sleeping position is ideal for the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress?
Here’s a list of how each sleeping position would feel on the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress.
- Side Sleepers: The Simmons Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress is an amazing fit for the side sleepers. Its all-foam built allows the shoulders and hips of the sleepers to sink into the bed, reducing the chances of pressure build-up. It is a medium-firm mattress and should be a good fit for heavyweight sleepers, providing the best support and cushioning balance. The average and lightweight sleepers shall find this bed comfortable as well.
- Back Sleepers: Back sleepers require a supportive mattress that provides good spinal alignment. The Medium firmness of the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress is a good fit for the back sleepers. They shall experience the required support and some plushness near the hips.
- Stomach Sleepers: The stomach sleepers require a firmer mattress that prevents their spine from bending uncomfortably. The Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress is best suited for the average to lightweight sleepers. This mattress prevents sleepers from sinking too deep into the bed and keeps their bodies well supported. Heavier sleepers might experience more sinkage on the Charli & Dixie x Simmons mattress.
Coupons & Deals
- The fun convenient mattress starting at $329.