We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Bear Elite Hybrid-Soft MattresBy Brand: Bear
1. Can you give some background about the Bear Elite Hybrid mattress collection?
Bear Elite Hybrid is a new addition to the comprehensive Bear mattress list. It comes in three firmness levels: soft, medium, and firm giving sleepers the option to choose their preferred bed firmness. Each firmness has a different feel but the same height of 14”. Bear Elite Hybrid offers excellent comfort with advanced cooling technology and a zoned support system.
2. Describe briefly what sizes are available in Bear Elite Hybrid mattresses?
Bear Elite Hybrid comes in seven different sizes, viz. Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, and Split King.
Pros & Cons
Q1. Who would you recommend the Bear Elite Hybrid mattress to?
The Bear Elite Hybrid mattress is recommended to sleepers across a wide range. The mattress is suitable for those who
- Sleep in different positions
- Are hot sleepers
- Share bed with their partners
- Have back, hip, and shoulder pain
- Want cushion comfort and excellent edge support
- Are eco-conscious
- Want their beds to be delivered and set up at home
Q2. Who should avoid the Bear Elite Hybrid mattress collection?
The Bear Elite Hybrid mattress is not recommended for sleepers who
- Are on a tight budget
- Want memory foam sensation
1. How firm do you think Bear Elite Hybrid Mattresses are?
Firmness describes how soft or hard a bed can feel. It is a subjective matter. A particular bed may feel soft to some, while to others, it may feel firm. Whether a mattress feels firm or soft, it should support body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping.
Bear Elite Hybrid mattress has three different firmness Soft, Medium, and Firm, with firmness between 5 to 7 on a scale of 10.
- Bear Elite Hybrid Soft Mattress (Plush option)
- Bear Elite Hybrid Medium Mattress (Popular), and
- Bear Elite Hybrid Firm Mattress (Suitable for heavy sleepers)
The Bear Elite Hybrid Soft rates 5 on the firmness scale of 1 to 10 and is the softest model of Bear Elite. It provides support near the hips and shoulders and is preferred mostly by side sleepers. Elite Hybrid Medium is a medium firm variant rated 6 on the firmness scale and is the most preferred option among sleepers. It offers the right amount of hug and contour with proper spinal alignment and is liked by most couples. Elite Hybrid Firm rates 7 and is great for heavy sleepers. It offers less hugging and a feeling of lying on top, not sinking into the mattress.
Material & Construction
1. Can you walk us through some of the unique technology, design, and materials used in the construction of the Bear Elite Hybrid? Why it is so important?
Bear Elite Hybrid mattress has various firmness options but the same price point. It is a luxurious mattress with zoned support and cooling technology and is designed to meet the needs of sleepers across a wide range.
Let us discuss some of the unique design and construction features of the Bear Elite Hybrid mattress.
- To start with, the cover material is super soft and hand-quilted. It combines Phase Changing Material (PCM) and unique Celliant® technology. PCM absorbs body heat, and Celliant® is known to convert body heat to infrared energy. This combination helps in restorative sleep and recovery.
- The top memory foam layer is infused with copper, which is naturally antimicrobial and helps eliminate unwanted body heat for a relaxed and sweat-free night.
- The transition layer comprises polyfoam, which provides ergonomic support and contour. It allows even distribution of body weight, thus relieving pressure from the critical pressure points.
- The individually wrapped coils with a higher gauge in the center provide superior lumbar support and enhanced pressure relief. The coils move independently, thus minimizing movement and isolating motion well. Reinforced perimeters support sleeping close to the edges without fearing falling off.
- Another unique feature of the Bear is the use of high-density polyfoam at the base that supports the entire mattress and makes it durable.
The Bear Elite Hybrid mattress stands out compared to other mattress brands, owing to two unique features: Phase Change Cooling Material and Sleep Recovery Technology™ as discussed above. Sleep Recovery Technology™ uses Celliant®, a key scientifically tested ingredient that improves blood circulation and oxygenation. Celliant® is thermo-reactive material infused or printed on yarn and helps recover during sleep by regulating body temperature.
|Bear Elite Hybrid-Soft Mattres
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
Q1. How would you rate Bear Elite Hybrid from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
Repositioning is the ability to change positions easily while sleeping. Responsiveness measures a mattress’s response to your body weight, pressure, and movement. A mattress that adjusts fast to your movements is highly responsive. Responsiveness and repositioning contribute to a better sleep experience.
Bear Elite Hybrid mattress’s three firmness options make it easy to move across and change positions. The medium firm variant is preferred by most as it’s easy to change sides or move across. The firm variant is also preferable but primarily by heavy people.
The Bear Elite Hybrid, a hybrid mattress, offers balanced contouring and repositioning. The comfort system in medium and firm variants offers sufficient contouring to relieve pressure points and facilitate ease of movement. Encashed coils at the support core provide a responsive feel that makes changing positions and getting in and out of bed easy. The plush variant with soft comfort layers offers better pressure relief but hinders ease of movement.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2: Does Bear Elite Hybrid provide superior comfort, back support, and pressure relief?
When a mattress distributes body weight evenly, it relieves optimal pressure at the hips, shoulders, and back. Most of us are unaware that our spine is responsible for most of our movements as it connects all the major muscles responsible for movement. Back pain is a common problem that impacts our daily life and disrupts our sleep. Chronic back pain results in poor sleep, so a good mattress that relieves pressure is important. The Bear Elite Hybrid mattress’s construction is such that it offers balanced support and pain relief.
The Bear Elite Hybrid features a cushion cover, memory foam layer, and zoned-support system with coils that supports the whole body and reduces pressure under the hips and other sensitive areas. The top memory foam layer adds cushion to every body part, and the zoned system offer targeted pressure relief in the hips and shoulders. Each coil reacts independently to body pressure minimizing movement and increasing comfort. High gauge coils provide lumbar support, which sleepers need the most. So, every morning you wake up without aches and pains when you sleep on Bear Elite Hybrid.
The Bear Elite Hybrid Soft variant offers the most incredible pressure relief due to the soft comfort layers at the top. In contrast, the medium and firm variant provides a combination of support and cushion, allowing sufficient back support and comfort.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3: How would you rate cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of Bear Elite Hybrid Mattresses?
When we sleep, the thermoregulation of our body is not proactive enough. A decrease in body temperature can help in calm and restful sleep. So, it’s essential that our bed does not become warm and make us uncomfortable. Hence materials used in mattress construction are important for a cool sleeping surface. Most hybrid mattresses sleep cool.
The Bear Elite Hybrid mattress is a hybrid mattress that helps sleep cool. The mattress was designed keeping temperature regulation in mind. Quilted cover with Phase Changing Material and Celliant® fiber allows all-night cooling. A copper-infused memory foam layer eliminates body heat and draws moisture from the body, allowing a cool and relaxed sleep. Individually wrapped coils at the support core allow air to move freely, dissipating heat from the mattress. All three Elite Hybrid variants sleep cool, but the soft variant owing to deeper conforming, retains some body heat.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4: Does Bear Elite Hybrid Mattress provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing bed with others?
Motion isolation describes if movement made across one side of the bed is felt elsewhere or not. A mattress with good motion isolation will neutralize activity on one side, thus assisting partners in sleeping peacefully.
Motion isolation is a noteworthy feature of the Bear Elite Hybrid mattress. The mattress features a quilted cover, memory foam, and a polyfoam layer which helps to absorb motion; thus, couples can sleep together without disturbing each other while tossing and turning. All three variants offer good motion isolation; however, the soft variant excels due to the soft foam layers at the top, which offer extra cushioning, thus significantly isolating motion.
Q5: How would you rate the edge support of Bear Elite Hybrid Mattress?
Edge support is the amount of support that a mattress can offer around its edges. Strong edges stabilize the perimeter of the mattress. They are an important consideration for couples sharing their bed with partners. Poor performance may disturb their partners while getting in and out of bed and limit using the full bed for sleeping together and while having sex.
Bear Elite Hybrid offers good edge support due to the sturdy support of the encased pocketed coils at the base. Coils at the perimeter reinforce the edges enhancing the durability and strength of the mattress. The medium and firm variants have stronger edges compared to the soft variant.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
1. Who would you recommend Bear Elite Hybrid mattress based on individual sleeping style?
Sleeping peacefully at night is as essential as eating good and nutritious food. It helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. There are mainly three sleep postures: side, back, and stomach. Each one of us sleeps differently, and our needs for comfort and support are also very different and unique. The U.S. Center for Disease Control claims that 1 out of 3 people has insomnia leading to various health problems.
- Side Sleepers: Most of us sleep on our sides, so in this posture, most of the body weight rests on the shoulders, hips, and legs. So, the mattress you sleep on must provide the right amount of cushioning to keep away from developing pressure points.
The Bear Elite Hybrid with memory foam and zoned polyfoam layers offer excellent pressure relief for sensitive areas. It cushions the hips and shoulders and supports the back. The pocketed coil aids in keeping the whole body supported throughout the mattress and do not allow sinking too deep into the bed. With three firmness variants, the Bear Elite Hybrid is suitable for all types of side sleepers. Bear Elite Hybrid Soft is luxurious and ideal for side sleepers below 130 pounds, while the Bear Elite Hybrid Medium works well for people between 130 and 230 pounds. The Bear Elite Hybrid Firm variant is suitable for side sleepers over 230 pounds.
- Back Sleepers: Sleeping on the back is the best position to sleep, as it maintains the natural posture, keeping the spine appropriately aligned. Back sleepers must look for a mattress supporting their back and spine. Lack of proper support can lead to the lower back sinking into the mattress, disrupting the natural curvature of the spine back.
Bear Elite Hybrid mattress has higher gauged coils in the center which supports the lumbar region. The zoned comfort layers offer targeted support to the lower back, cushioning other pressure points. Elite Hybrid’s soft version is suitable for back sleepers below 130 pounds, while the medium and firm variants offer balanced comfort and support, supporting the spine without putting extra pressure on the hips and shoulders.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stomach sleepers need a firm, supportive mattress to keep their hips and abdomen from sinking deep into the bed. This averts pressure build-up in the lower back. The Bear Elite Hybrid mattress supports stomach sleepers of all body weights. Contouring memory foam and pocketed coils allow the Bear Elite Hybrid to relieve pressure from the key regions and support the midsection. Among all the three variants, the Bear Elite Hybrid Firm shows the best results and is widely preferred by all stomach sleepers.
- Combination Sleepers: Combination sleepers tend to change positions while sleeping. They will enjoy sleeping on the Bear Elite Hybrid mattress as the foam and coil construction gives good support and scores high in responsiveness.
Coupons & Deals
- 35% Off Sitewide + $400 free sleep accessories. USE CODE: PRESDAY.