We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Q1. Can you give some background about a Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress?
Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress is an elegant mattress with high quality features and ultra-modern design. Cutting-edge triad technology with ContourFit® design and precision support makes this mattress a choice of luxury. ContourFit® design exclusive to the Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid contours every curve of the body as you change positions while sleeping. This special feature makes the mattress unique. Another speciality of the Harmony Lux™ Hybrid collection is that, it uses both gel-based memory foam and diamond infused advanced memory foam for ultimate cool and comfortable sleep.
Q2. Describe briefly what sizes are available?
Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Original comes in all six regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King; whereas both the Cooling Upgrade and Cooling + Comfort Upgrade models does not include the Twin size in its list. Each mattress offers a 100-night home trial and a limited warranty.
Pros & Cons
Q1. Who would you recommend the Beautyrest Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress to?
Sleepers have some firmness options in the Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid catalog. The mattresses are recommended for those who
- Want a luxury bed that offers plenty of pressure relief and edge support
- Are back and stomach sleepers
- Are hot sleepers
- Want a durable mattress
- Are eco-conscious
Q2. Who should avoid the Beautyrest Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress collection?
The mattresses are not recommended for those who
- Are on a tight budget
- Want a good responsive mattress
Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid collection offers high-quality, comfortable mattresses that leaves you feeling energized throughout the day. The mattresses feature multiple layers of foam and a supportive pocketed coil system (T2 Pocketed Coil® Technology) at the base that provides additional support. T2 Pocketed Coil® Technology, exclusive to the Harmony Lux™ selection, is a dual-strand coil located at the center to support the body parts that need the most. A special premium foam infused with original diamond particles conducts away heat from the body enabling you to stay cool throughout the night.
The Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress has three offerings in its catalog, namely Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Original (Empress), Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling Upgrade (Trilliant) and Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling + Comfort Upgrade (Trilliant). Each offering gives you a different feel with more advanced features.
The chart below will guide you through the different Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid models.
|Class||Mattress Category||Type||Height(inches)||Comfort Type||Price in $|
|Original||Original – Empress||Hybrid||13.50||Firm||1599.00|
|Cooling Upgrade||Cooling Upgrade – Trilliant||14.50||Medium||1799.00|
|Cooling + Comfort Upgrade||Cooling + Comfort Upgrade – Trilliant||15.50||Ultra Plush||1900.00|
Material & Construction
Q1. What are the unique technology, design, and materials used in the construction of the Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid Mattress?
Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattresses comes in different firmness options as discussed above and price points. The thicker the mattress, the costlier it is. The ultra plush Cooling + Comfort Upgrade is the thickest in the Hybrid line up. Depending on the model, the comfort layers have differences; otherwise, the support system and the cover material is identical in all models.
Each mattress model features a cover made from recycled ocean plastic waste (Seaqual™ Sustainable Fabric), which is a sustainable cool to touch fabric, a love of eco-conscious people. In partnership with Seaqual™, Beautyrest, uses this sustainable fabric technology for its mattress construction. Seaqual leads in ocean plastic recovery and upcycling, by transforming these plastics into high-quality sustainable fabrics, thus each mattress sold adds to the cleaning of oceans and supports marine life. The use of this fabric makes the mattresses luxurious. Beneath the cover is Beautyrest’s proprietary ContourFit® design construction, which adapts to your changing body positions and helps to recover throughout the night as you find the right sleeping posture. Gel based memory foam layers contours the body to provide customized support and premium foam infused with original diamond particles draws away heat from the body helping you to fall asleep faster and remain comfortable all night. The base of each model is made of double-strand pocketed coils (T2 Pocketed Coil® Technology) which makes the mattress supportive in different sleeping positions.
Let’s discuss each model’s unique design and construction features.
- Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Original (Empress) offers a firm feel with different layers of memory foam of varying thickness. Beneath the cover is 1 inch of Beautyrest® Gel Memory Foam followed by another inch of the same foam that prevents heat from trapping, creating a cooler environment to sleep. Gel-infusion in two layers add to more cooling and pressure relief. Next to these two layers is 2 inches of medium comfort foam that provides extra comfort before the support core.
- Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling Upgrade (Trilliant) as the name suggests offers more cooling and support. It has a medium firm feel. 1 inch of Micro Diamond™ Memory Foam just beneath the ContourFit® design, is a special foam which is infused with original diamond particles to carry away heat from the body ensuring you to stay cool throughout the night. This premium layer is followed by 1.5 inches of RapidCool™ Gel Memory Foam, 0.5 inches of Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam and 2 inches of GelTouch® HD Foam. RapidCool™ Gel Memory Foam makes your body feel cool the moment you lay down on the bed and Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam together with GelTouch® high-density foam makes this Cooling Upgrade model more responsive and offers enhanced contouring and pressure relief. For this Cooling Upgrade model you have to pay $300 dollar extra compared to the Original Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid model. This price is worth the cost, for the cooling comfort it offers.
- Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling + Comfort Upgrade (Trilliant) offers an ultra plush feel with more cooling and comfort layers. Similar to the Hybrid Cooling Upgrade, this model also features 1 inch of Micro Diamond™ Memory Foam just beneath the ContourFit® design. Next follows 3 inches of AirCool® HD Gel Memory Foam, 0.5 inches of Dynamic Response™ Memory Foam and finally 1.5 inches of GelTouch® HD Foam. Micro Diamond™ Memory Foam, AirCool® HD Gel Memory Foam and GelTouch® HD Foam all three work together to offer you the best in cooling and comfort. High-density AirCool® Gel Memory Foam is infused with cooling gel that does not let you feel warm by trapping heat like ordinary memory foam and GelTouch® foam is a soft gel foam that offers soothing comfort, exceptional contouring and cool feeling on touching. These enhanced pressure relieving and cooling foam makes this upgraded model costly by $500 compared to the Original Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid.
|Harmony Lux Hybrid - Empress - Firm|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Q1. How would you rate Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid Mattress from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
The coils in the support core of the Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress offer plenty of bounce, making it easier to move around. The make of each Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress model using foam in multiple layers and pocketed coils make the mattresses extremely responsive. The ContourFit® design in the first comfort layer contours the natural body curves making each model supportive and responsive. These materials help to regain the mattress shape quickly, reducing the trapped feeling in the bed. Dynamic Response™️ Memory Foam in the upgrade models also makes it easier to move around.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2. How would you rate Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid Mattress for providing comfort and pressure relief to sleepers?
All the three models of Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress, is great at relieving pressure from the different pressure points. The unique ContourFit® design is specially formulated to contour your natural curves in all sleeping positions thus offering enhanced pressure relief. Micro Hybrid™ Memory Foam helps in advanced pressure relief from the time you lay on the mattress as it conforms closely to your body, offering you personalized support in all sleeping positions. On the other hand, Dynamic Response™️ Memory Foam in the Cooling and Cooling + Comfort Upgrade models optimizes every move offering pressure relief and back support. The T2 pocketed coils at the base are responsive and aid in providing enhanced support by adapting to your body curves, thus keeping the spine appropriately aligned. This ensures you wake up in the morning with fewer aches and pains. Among all the models the Cooling + Comfort Upgrade is superior in this category as it offers an ultra plush feel while contouring the sensitive areas like the neck, hips and shoulders.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3. How would you rate the cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid Mattress?
Hybrid mattresses regulate temperature better than all-foam models. The Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid is a great cooling mattress that comes with advanced cooling technology of Micro Hybrid™ Memory Foam unique in its category, allowing for a cool and comfortable sleep, by conducting heat away from your body. Cover made of Seaqual™ Sustainable Fabric creates a sleeping environment that not only enables you to sleep cooler but also ensures that you fall asleep faster and sleep deeper. GelTouch® Foam and AirCool® HD Gel Memory Foam in the upgrade models makes the mattress surface feel cool on touching, ensuring a cooler surface to sleep on. Pocketed coils at the base also helps greater air to flow throughout the mattress, making the bed feel cool.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4. Does Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid Mattress provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing a bed with others?
Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress scores above average in this category. Memory foam are known to isolate motion well. Memory foam of different types in different comfort layers helps to cut down on motion significantly; making, sharing bed with partners easy. Pocketed coils being individually wrapped, respond to any movement independently which minimizes motion transfer to a large extent. Though these coils are individually wrapped, they are responsive, and do transfer little motion while getting in and out of bed. More memory foam in the comfort layers of the upgraded models makes these mattresses better at isolating motion.
Q5. How would you rate the edge support of Beautyrest Harmony Lux Hybrid Mattress?
Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattress models offer superior edge support. T2 pocketed coils make the mattress’s support system robust, preventing sinking and sagging along the edges. This makes sitting or lying near the edges feel safe. High-density memory foam in different layers in the upgrade models ensure greater support and stability along the edges.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
The Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid mattresses have a wide selection of mattresses catering to the need of almost all types of sleepers as it has offerings from, firm to medium to ultra plush.
- Side Sleepers: Side sleepers put pressure on their hips and shoulders; thus, these areas press against the mattress leading to pressure points. Hence side sleepers prefer a mattress that would cushion their pressure points without sinking deep into the bed. The ultra plush firmness of the Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling + Comfort (Trilliant) upgrade is a good option for side sleepers. The mattress contours the sensitive areas of the body preventing pain from accumulating and disturbing sleep. The cushion offered by the foam layers helps in keeping the spine properly aligned, thus reducing pressure on the lower back. Those in the average-weight category can also sleep comfortably on Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling (Trilliant) as the medium firmness offered by the high-density foam may give adequate support but heavyweight side sleepers will need to explore other options. Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Original (Empress) is not recommended for side sleepers as its too firm and does not cushion the body parts leading to pain under the hips and shoulders.
- Back Sleepers: Sleeping on the back maintains the natural posture, keeping the spine appropriately aligned. Contouring and support are essential for back sleepers. Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Original (Empress) is a firm mattress which can be a choice of light, average and heavy-weight back sleepers. However, some light weight sleepers may find the firmness not to comfortable to sleep on; they can opt for the medium firm variant i.e., Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling (Trilliant). T2 Pocketed Coil® in the support core of both Original and Cooling upgrade prevent the hips from sinking, keeping the spine aligned. The Cooling + Comfort upgrade is too soft for back sleepers and they would sink deep leading to misalignment of the spinal cord.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stomach sleepers need a firm, supportive mattress to keep their hips and abdomen from sinking deep into the bed. Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Original (Empress) would suit all types of stomach sleepers from light to average and heavy weight. Some lightweight stomach sleepers may also find comfort sleeping on the Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling (Trilliant) as it offers medium firmness with high-density foam (GelTouch® HD Foam) as the last layer before the support core. Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid – Cooling + Comfort (Trilliant) is too soft to suit stomach sleepers.
- Combination Sleepers: Combination sleepers keep changing positions; thus, they need a good, responsive mattress. With firm, medium and ultra plush firmness the Beautyrest® Harmony Lux™ Hybrid may be a good choice for combination sleepers across all body types, as they have options to choose from as per their need. Pocketed coils at the support core of each mattress supports the body in most of the sleeping positions.
Coupons & Deals
- Mattresses starting at $899.