We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
BedInABox Dual Hybrid MattressBy Brand: BedInABox
BedInABox deals Coupons
- 25% off select mattresses & bundles, and up to 2 free plush pillows for Labor Day.
The Dual Hybrid is the hybrid variant in the BedInABox mattress lineup. This mattress is 13 inches thick and has a medium-firm feel of around 5 or 6 out of 10. The bed features several layers of comfort system and has the highest coil count for enhanced support.
The bed comes with a knit cover. The comfort layer of the mattress is made up of Plauralux support foam. A micro-coil layer follows it. A Sure Align transition layer follows this layer. The support core of the bed has 7 inches thick pocketed coil layer that gives support to the mattress and keeps the body elevated. The base layer has a 1 inch thick Sure Align foam layer designed to provide overall support.
The Dual Hybrid mattress is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King sizes.
Other models from the stable of BedInABox include The Essential, Original, Tranquillium, Azul, and Eco-Lux mattresses.
This section will review the BedInABox Dual Hybrid Mattress in detail.
- Material: Plauralux Support Foam, Micro Coils, Pocketed Coils, Sure Align Support Foam
- Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King sizes.
- Pricing: Depends on size & variety
- Shipping & Delivery: Free Shipping
- Trial & Return: 120-night Trial and Free Returns
- Warranty: 20-year Warranty
Pros & Cons
BEST if you:
- Require more support
- Prefer sleeping on top of the bed
NOT IDEAL if you:
- Like sinking into the mattress
The Dual Hybrid is a medium-firm bed. This bed offers you ample support necessary for a good night’s sleep with its hybrid structure. The comfort layer of this mattress is made up of 3-inches of Plauralux foam. This layer provides some sinkage and pressure relief. The gel infusion in this layer promotes cooler sleep. The support core of this bed has 7-inches thick pocketed coils. This layer promotes spine alignment and prevents your body from sinking too deep into the bed. The micro-coil and transition layers also offer better support and keep the body elevated.
Material & Construction
The Dual Hybrid mattress consists of foam layers, micro-coils, and pocketed coils to offer you a wonderful blend of support and comfort. The cover of this mattress uses smooth knit fabric.
The comfort layer comprises 3-inches of PlauraLux foam for more significant pressure relief and comfort. Beneath the comfort layer comes a 1-inch thick layer of micro coils. The micro-coil layer is followed by a 1-inch thick Sure Align support foam transition layer.
The support layer of the Dual Hybrid mattress is made up of 7-inch pocketed coils. This layer keeps your body well supported and prevents you from sinking into the bed. The base layer is again a 1-inch Sure Align support foam layer.
- Layer 1: This is the 3-inch Plauralux gel foam comfort layer,
- Layer 2: This layer consists of 1-inch micro coils
- Layer 3: This is the 1-inch transition foam layer of 2 lb. Sure Align density foam.
- Layer 4: This is the 7-inch pocketed coil support layer.
- Layer 5: This is the base layer of the mattress made up of 1-inch of 2 lb. Sure align foam.
|BedInABox Dual Hybrid Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning refers to how easily you can change your position on the bed.
The Dual Hybrid mattress offers a greater bounce, thanks to the coil layers present in the bed. The Plauralux foam and Sure Align density foam layers also conform to your body loosely. Thus, you shall easily change positions on this bed without feeling stuck.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Comfort, pressure relief, and support are vital factors to consider while choosing a mattress.
The Dual Hybrid mattress offers you the best support and comfort. With its medium level of firmness, this bed gives you superior pressure relief while at the same time promoting excellent spine alignment.
The gel-infused Plauralux foam comfort layer allows your body to sink in slightly, relieving the pressure points. The gel infusion in this layer wicks away body heat to prevent the heat from getting trapped in the foam.
The support core of this bed has pocketed coils for more significant support and spine alignment. This layer prevents your body from sinking too deep into the bed and prevents your spine from bending uncomfortably.
The micro-coils and transition layers also promote excellent support for a more comfortable sleep.
Consider your sleeping position to determine how well the Dual Hybrid Mattress shall suit you.
- Side Sleepers: The Dual Hybrid mattress shall best suit side sleepers across all weight categories. Average-weight sleepers weighing up to 230 lbs. should get an incredible blend of support and pressure relief from this bed. Heavier sleepers may sink in a bit.
- Back Sleepers: Average weight back sleepers weighing up to 230 lbs. shall sleep well on the Dual Hybrid mattress. They shall get the necessary support and sinkage.
- Stomach Sleepers: Lightweight stomach sleepers weighing under 130 lbs shall get excellent support on the Dual Hybrid mattress. Heavier sleepers shall also sleep comfortably on this bed but may experience more sinkage.
- Heavy Sleepers: The Dual Hybrid mattress is best suited for average-weight sleepers. Heavy sleepers might require a firmer bed for more support. However, if you like sinking into your bed, this mattress should be a good option.
Cooling & Temperature Control
The Dual Hybrid mattress sleeps cooler. Its coil layers allow for more airflow through the mattress. The bed conforms loosely to your body. Thus, there are lesser chances of heat-trapping. The gel infusion in the Plauralux foam layer also wicks away body heat to enable you to sleep cool throughout the night.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Motion isolation is the ability of a mattress to prevent sleepers from feeling when their partner moves.
The Dual Hybrid mattress offers good motion isolation. Its foam layers and pocketed coils reduce motion transfer considerably. However, the responsiveness of the coils might be the reason for some motion transfer on the bed.
Edge support refers to how sturdy a mattress is near the sides. Firm edge support implies greater usable area on the bed.
Thanks to the pocketed coil layers, the Dual Hybrid mattress comes with enhanced edge support. The coils prevent the edges from sagging, thereby preventing the risks of accidental rolling-off.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Sleeping is one of the most rejuvenating tasks. Therefore, you must get the most comfortable sleep for a refreshing day.
The Dual Hybrid mattress has been crafted to offer you the best sleeping experience. The gel foam comfort layer of this bed cradles your pressure points. The pocketed support layer keeps your body well supported so that your spine doesn’t bend uncomfortably.
The gel infusion in the foam layer ensures that you don’t sleep hot.
- Side Sleepers: Side sleepers need a softer bed for more outstanding cushioning near the key pressure-building areas. The Dual Hybrid mattress is best suited for average to heavyweight sleepers up to 230 lbs. They shall experience enough sinkage and pressure relief. Lighter sleepers, however, may not sink in as much, while heavier sleepers may experience too much sinkage.
- Back Sleepers: Back sleepers need a more supportive mattress to keep their spines adequately aligned and allow the hips to sink in slightly. Average weighing back sleepers up to 230 lbs shall feel comfortable on this mattress. The hips shall sink in the right amount while the support layer keeps the body elevated.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress for proper lumbar support and spine alignment. Lightweight sleepers up to 130 lbs shall feel supported in this mattress. Heavier sleepers up to 230 lbs may experience some spinal bending.
- Combination Sleepers- Those who alternate between various positions: Combination sleepers keep changing their position throughout the night. Therefore, they must choose a bed that will provide them with the perfect blend of support and comfort. The Dual Hybrid mattress shall suit you the best if you are an average weighing person. Heavier sleepers may choose this bed if they prefer more sinkage, while lightweight sleepers should opt for this mattress if they like something firm.
|Twin XL||38x80x13||87 lbs||$1299||$974||25%|
|Cal King||72x84x13||150 lbs||$2599||$1949||25%|
Coupons & Deals
- 25% off select mattresses & bundles, and up to 2 free plush pillows for Labor Day.