We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Leesa Hybrid consists of an 11-inch premium foam wrapped by a layer of pocket springs providing more support and relieving pressure points. The premium foam is perforated to prevent heat-trapping, and the coils offer strong edge support. This mattress can accomodate
more than one sleeper and is generally preferred by couples and families. The mattress is B-Corp certified, implying that it meets high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency.
In this article, we will review the Leesa Hybrid in detail. The review below highlights the key attributes, features, and pros/cons of the mattress.
- Material: The Leesa Hybrid comprises two comfort layers of high-density polyfoam and memory foam and a transition layer of polyfoam. The support core consists of pocketed innerspring coils, and the base layer is a support polyfoam of different densities. The cover is a seamless white and gray hybrid cover that is exceptionally soft and beautiful.
- Sizes: The Leesa Hybrid is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, California King, and King.
- Shipping & Delivery: Free shipping and delivery offered.
- Trial & Return: 100 nights trial period. Free returns are available
- Warranty: The Leesa Hybrid offers a 10-year limited warranty
Pros & Cons
The mattress is recommended for sleepers, who
- Prefer a medium-firm feel
- Prefer a balance of bounce and motion isolation
- Share their beds with partners
- Sleep in a wide variety of positions
- Suffer from lower back pain
Not so ideal for sleepers, who
- Want love of memory foam feel
- Want a quiet mattress
Firmness describes how soft or hard a bed can feel. It is a subjective matter. To some, a particular bed may feel soft, while to others, it may feel firm. Whether a mattress feels firm or soft, it should support body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping.
The Leesa Hybrid, like the Leesa Original is a medium-firm mattress with firmness in the range of 5-7 on the firmness scale of 10. The mattress is well suited for sleeping in all positions from side to back and on the stomach as well. It is designed to provide comfort and support and is also known to relieve pressure from the hips and shoulders and prevent lower back pain upon waking up in the morning.
Material & Construction
The Leesa Hybrid is a hybrid memory foam mattress that is constructed using premium foam with pocket springs that provide ultimate comfort and support. A top layer of hole-punched foam and memory foam helps sleep cool and provides pressure relief. The cover is a seamless white and grey hybrid cover that looks extremely beautiful and is highly breathable.
The different layers in the mattress are detailed below:
- Layer 1: The top comfort layer is a 1.5 inches hole punched, aerated premium foam that provides high airflow making it more breathable and heat resistant.
- Layer 2: The 1.5 inches of high-density memory foam provides contouring and pressure relief to the sleeper, irrespective of the sleeping position.
- Layer 3: A 1-inch-thick layer of support foam encloses the following layer.
- Layer 4: Next is a 6 inches thick layer of 1000+ active response pocket springs encased on the top and bottom by a slim layer of high-density foam, which keeps the coils in place. This layer sets the base and foundation of the mattress. The coils provide independent response and support for the spine without aggravating pressure points.
- Layer 5: Another 1-inch-thick layer of support foam that sets the mattress’s foundation and provides the base for Layer 4.
|Leesa Hybrid Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning describes the ability to change positions easily while sleeping. The Leesa Hybrid has a responsive surface that enables quick adaptation to movements. Minimum motion transfer, in addition, helps in easy movement, thus allowing sharing bed with partners without disruption.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Buying a mattress is difficult as numerous variety is available in the market. The right mattress will help you have a good night’s sleep and give you relief from pain, upon wake up in the morning. So, pain relief is an important feature that most people look for while buying a mattress. Back pain can be relieved only when the spine is relaxed.
Leesa Hybrid has excellent responsiveness and, like Leesa Original, recovers its shape quickly when compressed. It does not provide great cushioning; thus, it is not ideal for sleepers who like to sleep deep into their mattress; rather, it will be great for those who want the feeling of sleeping on top of the mattress. The presence of polyfoam with pocketed coils, enables the Leesa Hybrid to quickly respond to any pressure
and may provide decent pressure relief for average built to heavier built sleepers. However, people with lighter body types may find some pressure discomfort. In contrast to Leesa Original, the Leesa Hybrid provides excellent airflow and temperature regulation due to the pocketed coils that promote greater airflow compared to the memory foam mattresses.
The suitability of the mattress for different sleeping positions is detailed below:
- Back sleepers: Back sleepers need support under their spine and neck to sleep properly. Sleeping on the Leesa Hybrid will be enjoyed by most back sleepers. Contouring is offered by the memory foam layer, while the innerspring coil system supports much-needed areas. The mattress will provide the required cushion to lightweight, average-weight, and heavyweight back sleepers.
- Side Sleepers: Side sleepers put the majority of their weights on their hips and shoulders. Thus, pressure relief and body contouring are the two important features that they look for while buying a mattress. The Leesa Hybrid, a medium foam mattress, relieves pressure, thus reducing soreness. Sleeping is enjoyed by almost all average-weight and heavyweight side sleepers, but lightweight might feel some discomfort as they will not sink too deep into the mattress.
- Stomach sleepers: Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that would enable them to keep their hips elevated to prevent sinkage. With a combination of soft foam and supportive coils, the Leesa Hybrid is well suited to lightweight and average-weight stomach sleepers. In contrast, heavyweight sleepers will experience too much hip sinking, leading to lower back pain.
- Heavy sleepers: The Leesa Hybrid is perfect for heavy sleepers less than 300 pounds. People in this weight group will get necessary pressure relief and comfort. However, people weighing over 300 pounds will need a more supportive mattress to keep their hips and shoulders well supported and kept elevated.
Cooling & Temperature Control
The most critical condition that determines the quality and duration of the body’s recovery during sleep is a considerable decrease in the core body temperature. The Leesa Hybrid is a very cool mattress. The top perforated aerated layer allows maximum air to flow by drawing away excess heat from the body and keeping the sleepers cool and dry. Though the memory foam layer is known to make the mattress hot, the innerspring coil layer balances the build-up of heat to promote greater airflow throughout the mattress.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Motion isolation describes if movement made across one side of the mattress is felt elsewhere on the mattress or not. Mattress with good motion isolation will help to neutralize activity made on one side of the bed, thus helping partners sleep peacefully.
Innerspring mattresses do not offer sound motion isolation, but the Leesa Hybrid performs decently in this area. The pocketed coils help the springs move independently of each other. The use of memory foam on top of these coils suppresses any motion or movements. The mattress stands out exceptionally well for couples.
Edge support is the amount of support that a mattress can offer around its edges. The edge support helps in stabilizing the perimeter of the mattress. It is an important consideration for couples sharing their bed with partners, as poor performance may disturb their partners while getting in and out of bed and limit using the full bed for sleeping together and while having sex.
Unlike Original Leesa, the Leesa Hybrid offers great edge support because of the presence of two rows of firmer coils around the perimeter of pocketed coil unit of the mattress. These materials provide support across the entire mattress; thus, lying or sitting at the edges is supportive enough. Leesa Hybrid is one of the best mattresses out there in terms of edge support. The Leesa is a very quiet mattress, thus good for couples. Additionally, the mattress being bouncy is great for sex. The sturdy edges also make the mattress very durable.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Sleeping well at night is as essential as eating good and nutritious food. Sleeping peacefully helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Each one of us sleeps differently, and our needs for comfort and support are also very different and unique. According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control, 1 out of 3 people has insomnia, leading to different health problems.
Below is a detailed description of how Leesa Hybrid is a good fit for different sleep positions.
- Side Sleepers: Compared to the Original Leesa Mattress, the Hybrid provides more support and firmness to the sleepers due to the addition of pocketed coils. However, people with a light body may not feel their hips or shoulders sinking into the mattress and may experience discomfort.
- Back Sleepers: Leesa Hybrid is a decent choice for back sleepers, especially those with average to heavy built. The mattress does not let the body sink too deep, thus not putting any pressure on the back and providing a good spine alignment.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stability and support are essential for “stomach sleepers” so that they do not suffer from back or hip pain. Leesa Hybrid will be a decent choice for stomach sleepers, being rated medium to medium-firm on the firmness scale.
- Combination Sleepers-Those who alternate between various positions: Combination sleepers have a tendency to change positions while sleeping, and they have a bed that allows them to change positions with ease. The Leesa Hybrid is a mattress made to suit different sleeping positions, thus making it a good choice for combination sleepers.
|Twin||38 x 75 x 11||75 lbs||$1199||$1049||13%|
|Twin XL||38 x 80 x 11||80 lbs||$1299||$1149||12%|
|Full||53 x 75 x 11||96 lbs||$1599||$1399||13%|
|Queen||60 x 80 x 11||115 lbs||$1899||$1699||11%|
|Cal King||72 x 84 x 11||142 lbs||$2099||$1899||10%|
|King||76 x 80 x 11||142 lbs||$2099||$1899||10%|
Coupons & Deals
- $700 Off Select Mattresses + 2 FREE Pillows (Up to $120 Value).