We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Nectar is yet another bed-in-a-box mattress brand focusing on high-quality memory foam models. The brand started in 2017. This American company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Tel Aviv, and London. However, mattresses are not manufactured in the United States.
Nectar deals with the following mattresses
- The Nectar Mattress (POPULAR) – 12 inch
- The Nectar Premier Mattress – 13 inch
- The Nectar Premier Copper Mattress- 14 inch
Nectar mattresses are sourced and crafted from premium materials. And yet still more affordable than competitors. Nectar’s foams comply with CertiPUR-US® standards for content, emissions, and durability.
Since January 2022, all Nectar mattresses have been 100% Carbon Neutral! This brand has been working with sustainability experts to evaluate the carbon footprint of their beds from production through to delivery. They have now offset all Carbon by supporting environmental projects in the US & Amazon rainforest.
For ultimate comfort, every sleeper wants the nectar mattress gets. The secret – Nectar’s memory foam mattress layers have the perfect ratio of softness, firmness, and support most people wish to. It’s a delicate balance but carefully crafted.
Nectar’s adaptive memory foam layer helps relax pressure points underneath your shoulders, hips, and legs, boosting spinal alignment. The relaxed muscles are the key to healthier rejuvenating Sleep.
This article will look deeply into The Nectar Premier Memory Foam Mattress‘s construction performance for various sleeping positions.
Nectar Premier is the latest offering by the Nectar brand. The Nectar Premier is a memory foam mattress, which has been designed with pressure-relieving foam and offers unique cooling features. The bed is designed to provide a balanced feel to the sleeper and is a good selection for side sleepers and those who suffer from shoulder and hip pain.
- Material: Memory Foam. The Nectar Premier Memory Foam mattress has 5-Layer Construction with Premium Materials, Contouring & Comforting Gel Memory Foam with Phase Change Material, Soft, Adaptive Response Transition Foam, Supportive Base Layer Foam, Cooling Poly-Blend Top Cover with Polyethylene Durable Bottom Cover.
- Sizes: Nectar Memory Foam is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, Split King
- Pricing: Depends on size & variety
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 365-day trial, full refund, and pickup
- Warranty: Lifetime mattress warranty
Pros & Cons
Nectar came up with sleeper’s comfort in mind, whether you sleep on your stomach, back, or side. The mattress’ CertiPUR-US® Certified foams and breathable Quilted Cooling Cover work together to stay calm, evenly distribute your weight, and contour the body’s unique shape to help relieve pressure points and tired muscles. Besides, it offers a lot.
Nectar Memory foam is Ideal for the people
- Suffering from aches and pains in the body
- Excellent motion isolation
- Searching comfortable design –a balance between softness & support
Not so ideal for the persons
- Heavy individuals will find it soft.
- Less responsive than Latex mattress
- Searching spring mattress
Whether a mattress feels firm or soft is fairly subjective. All mattresses should be supportive of body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping. In case a mattress is fluffy and squishy (what mattress companies call soft or plush) or less so (what companies call firm) is purely defined based on personal preferences.
Nectar mattresses are medium-firm beds. The brand has designed them to feel this way by crafting a blend of firm support and comfort layers that should match most sleepers. Medium-firm beds are the most popular choice accommodating the majority of sleepers. As per industry standards, Medium-firm beds are usually rated within a 5.5 or 6 on a firmness scale of 10. The Nectar’s medium-firmness may not suit some sleepers, like heavy folks over 300 pounds. Heavier sleepers usually enjoy firmer beds to prevent sinking too deep into the bed.
Material & Construction
The Premier Memory Foam mattress from Nectar is a splendid choice to enjoy superb delightful Sleep. The Nectar Premier Memory Foam mattress is 13-inch thick.
Each Nectar mattress has a distinctive design to help enrich sleep quality. Sleep quality and duration are essential to improve physical, mental, and emotional health. Having more energy, better cognitive function, and a happier mood are linked to an individual’s Sleep. For a refreshing sleep, you must decide which Nectar model best suits your needs.
The Nectar Premier has five performance layers, comprising a poly-blend cover with polyethylene, which provides that cool-to-the-touch feeling to keep you cooler while you sleep. The Nectar Premier’s foam layers consist of 3-inch gel-infused memory foam with phase change material enhanced cooling. A 3-inch soft transition foam for that “just right” feeling and a 7-inch firm base foam, all supported and held tightly together by the bottom cover layer. The Nectar Premier mattress was innovated to create the perfect balance of firm support with soft, cradling comfort. Moreover, all of the foams used in the Nectar mattress are CertiPUR-US® certified.
Let’s dig into the details of the constitution of the mattress –
- Layer 1: Quilted Cool Cover
- The soft, breathable poly-blend cover is heat-wicking and infused with cooling technology.
- Layer 2: Nectar Smart Layer With ActiveCool HD
- This 3 inches of gel-infused memory foam with phase-change material. (Innovated in labs to react to your rising and dropping body temperatures, auto-adjusting to your body heat as you sleep.)
- Layer 3: Dynamic Support Layer
- With 3 inches of dynamically adjusting foam, there is a more incredible bounce. This gives the adequate support one’s body needs to relax into a deep sleep.
- Layer 4: Stay-Stable Baselayer
- This sturdy 7-inch base layer of standard foam ensures the comfort and support layers above it perform at their best.
- Layer 5: Shift-Resistant Lower covering
- No slip-and-slide here. Your mattress stays compact, no matter how much you jump on it.
|Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
Repositioning means that sleepers can change position quickly. Many people toss and frequently turn while sleeping.
To move around on the mattress should not be tough as layers offer natural bounce and the denser support layer.
Nectar mattresses offer good ease of movement. Beds with latex material or inner springs are more bouncy. While Nectar is without these materials, it is firm enough that sleepers are not trapped in the bed and can move quickly. Combination sleepers and couples like the mattress for responsiveness and repositioning.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Generally, foam mattresses, particularly memory foam mattresses, tend to cradle the sleeper’s body, redistributing body weight. It can help reduce aches and pains in the areas that exert the most force on the mattress.
Nectar has around 6 inches of three-layer memory foam with solid contouring as an all-foam mattress. The sleeper’s body heat, as well as the body weight, get well distributed. It wraps the sleeper into a sleeping position rather than resisting it. The “wrapping-in” of the mattress results in a heat built up that may make some of the sleepers slightly uncomfortable. Nectar tries to make up for this with its poly blend cover, allowing more airflow. Besides also has the quilted gel memory foam layer, intended to pull away heat from the body. They are making it superior to other memory foam mattresses.
- Back Sleepers: People who sleep on their back tend to require more support — particularly around the hips, which may sink into softer mattresses and prevent proper spinal alignment. A medium-firm mattress, the Nectar mattress provides good upward thrust to the hip area to keep the spine aligned. Back sleepers also require minor pressure relief, as the position causes fewer pressure points than other sleep styles.
- Side sleepers: Side sleepers may have a challenge with Nectar. Since the top comfort layer is made entirely of foam, which is firm across the entire surface area, it may reflect pressure on the shoulder area and not allow the body’s upper portion to sink in. It may create pressure points and reduce pressure relief.
- Stomach sleepers: Achieving good spinal alignment for stomach sleepers can often be trickier as the hips can tend to sink too far with some mattresses. Stability and support are crucial for “stomach sleepers” to not cause back or hip pain. A medium-firm configuration prevents lightweight stomach sleepers from sinking in and creating a spinal curvature.
- Heavy sleepers: For heavy people, Nectar Premier Med-Firm with 13-inch thickness. In general, the 13-inch Nectar supports weights over 300 pounds.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Nectar mattresses have good temperature control regulation. Although cooling is not as good as a hybrid, Nectar still emphasizes cooling in its designs. All Nectar beds have gel-infused memory foam layers. The infused gel acts as a cooling mechanism that prevents the memory foam from trapping heat. Nectar has two upgrade options with additional cooling features for extra hot sleepers. These are the Nectar Premier and Nectar Premier Copper.
While Nectar uses cooling materials in the cover, Nectar Premier builds on this by using ActiveCool memory foam, which vigorously adjusts to individual body heat. So if you sleep hot, it wicks your heat and stores it. If you sleep cool, it discharges stored heat to help warm you. And with the Premier, you get the cooling cover, too. So all sleep uniformly and wake up refreshed to carry on with life.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
This category rates how well a mattress is able to prevent other sleepers in a bed from feeling when their sleep partner rolls over, shifts, or changes positions.
Nectar Premier will be the right choice for those who want undisturbed Sleep, particularly in bed-sharing. Foam mattresses are considered ideal for their motion isolating properties. The gel-infused memory foam in Nectar Premier minimizes the impact of moving from one area to the other. This helps in the sound Sleep of each bed sharing partner while one is getting down the bed or changing positions.
Nectar Premier may not be preferred by those for whom edge support is the priority. Foam mattresses generally are not ideal for edge support too. Nectar Premier also sags at the edges when people get in or come out of bed. The heavy people might not want to sleep near the border. They have a greater tendency to fall off the bed.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Young or old, nobody is immune to back pain, whether chronic or temporary. It is essential to pay attention to where you put your head (and back).
Let’s get a clear idea about the Sleeping style.
- Side Sleepers: The all-foam texture of Nectar Premier Mattress makes it ideal for side sleepers. The hips and shoulders of side sleepers sink more into the mattress, and this feature provides the necessary support for people of all weights. The prime advantage is its softness, which helps in body contouring and spinal alignment. Nectar Premier well supports the pressure points which hurt side sleepers. The heavy people weighing more than 130 pounds find extra comfort in this soft mattress, as their bodies tend to sink more while side sleeping.
- Back Sleepers: The back sleepers need full-body support, which they get from the polyfoam embedded in this mattress. The advantage of body contouring is provided by memory foam. This balanced foam feel helps back sleepers keep their spine in neutral alignment and, at the same time, supports the lumbar region—people of both light and heavyweight like this mattress. In case back sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds find it more comfortable.
- Stomach Sleepers: Nectar Premier Mattress is medium-firm, making it the preferred choice for stomach sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds. A comfort layer of memory foam, which encompasses the upper part of the body and the polyfoam layer, provides extra support to prevent additional sinking.
- Heavy Sleepers: Nectar is better for people with over 150 lb weight, especially if they side sleepers. People with lighter weight may experience pressure buildup around hips and shoulders.
- Combination sleepers: Though not highly responsive yet, this mattress offers good rebound as it is comfortable for the combination sleepers—particularly the combination sleepers in the light to moderate weight group not sleeping too much on their stomach. People of the heavyweight group should opt for the spiral supporting base.
Coupons & Deals
- Up To 40% OFF Mattresses.