We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
GhostBed Luxe MattressBy Brand: GhostBed
GhostBed deals Coupons
- 50% OFF ALL BUNDLES. Unlock an EXTRA 10% OFF your order!
- 35% – 50% Off All Mattresses plus 2 free ghost Pillows. Exclude smartbed.
GhostBed, an American company, began its journey in 2015. The company’s headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. All of the products are created in the United States, with science-backed proprietary technology for a luxuriously cool and pleasant night’s sleep. The brand’s major focus is on producing high-quality sleep needs at an affordable price. The quality of the material and the weight of the mattress speak for themselves.
GhostBed deals with the following mattresses
- GhostBed Classic: MEMORY FOAM and LATEX
- GhostBed Flex: HYBRID
- GhostBed Luxe: BEST COOLING
- GhostBed 3D Matrix®: PATENTED
- Original Hybrid
- SmartBed NEW
- GhostBed Natural: LATEX
The GhostBed is made by seasoned mattress experts with decades of experience developing and making mattresses. They develop a sturdy, durable mattress with years of expertise that delivers ideal comfort for any style of sleeper: back, stomach, side, and combination! Above all, the gel memory foam and responsive Ghost Bounce (non-allergenic) inner layer work together to draw heat away from your body while you sleep, keeping you cool all night.
You’ll wake up feeling revitalized and ready to face the challenges of the day.
This article delves into the design and performance of the GhostBed Luxe Mattress in various sleeping positions.
A 13-inch all-foam mattress, the GhostBed luxury. The mattress keeps cool despite having 3-inches of memory foam in its comfort system. Gel memory foam reduces back pain by relaxing pressure points and relieving discomfort. On a scale of 1 to 10, it’s a medium-plush mattress with a firmness rating of 5. It’s perfect for side and back sleepers who wish to feel as though they’re on clouds. The bed is made up of seven layers of cooling and comfort. A cooling fiber-infused cover and an inch of memory foam cushioning are included. Underneath the cover, a layer of phase-change material keeps the surface at a comfortable temperature. The mattress is completed with a gel-infused memory foam comfort layer, a responsive “Ghost Bounce” polyfoam transition layer, and a high-density polyfoam support core. The manufacturer offers a 25-year warranty on this mattress. The basic sizes are Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, and Split King.
- Material: Memory Foam.
The GhostBed Luxe Medium-Plush mattress has seven layers of cooling and comfort, reaching 13 inches in height. A quilted cover that is cool to the touch is paired with patent-pending core cooling technology. For a “spring-like” experience, there’s contouring gel memory foam and Ghost Bounce foam. A 7.5-inch high-density core provides strength and durability.
- Sizes: GhostBed Luxe is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, Split King
- Pricing: Depends on size & variety
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 101-day trial, full refund, and pickup
- Warranty: 25 years limited mattress warranty
Pros & Cons
The GhostBed Luxe memory foam mattress offers remarkable cooling and contouring comfort, making it a great choice for hot sleepers and pressure-point relief. Although the GhostBed Luxe is softer than the GhostBed Classic, it still delivers the ideal balance of support and bounce. The GhostBed Luxe’s Gel Memory Foam layer adapts to your body, alleviating pressure points, limiting motion transfer, and reducing the need to toss and turn.
It also has a lot to offer sleepers.
The GhostBed Luxe is perfect for
- Those who sleep on their sides and those who sleep on their backs
- Couples who like a minimal level of motion transfer
- Those suffering from neck, shoulder, and hip pain when sleeping
- Those who sleep hot
- Memory foam mattress addicts
Also, it’s not the best option for
- Stomach sleepers, as there is a significant amount of sinkage
- Shoppers on a budget
- Heavy folks with the exception of side sleepers
It’s difficult to say if a mattress is firm or soft. All mattresses should be weight-bearing, encourage proper spinal alignment, and provide a comfortable and peaceful night’s sleep. Personal tastes determine whether a mattress is fluffy and spongy (what mattress businesses label soft or plush) or less so (what brands call firm).
The GhostBed Luxe is in the center of a 10-point firmness scale. This medium-plush firmness is ideal for side and back sleepers, however, stomach sleepers who demand a firmer degree of support will face difficulties.
Medium and medium-firm mattresses are suitable for a wide variety of sleepers. The medium-plush firmness of the GhostBed Luxe will sink and cradle people a little more at the upper layers than a firmer mattress. The mattress, on the other hand, is pretty comfy for typical sleepers.
There is too much pressure on the mattress for sleepers above 230 pounds, causing the spine to misalign. They should choose a firmer mattress for greater support.
Material & Construction
The GhostBed Luxe has a 13-inch height, 7 layers of cooling and comfort, a cool-to-the-touch quilted cover with patent-pending core cooling technology, contouring gel memory foam and Ghost Bounce foam for a “springy” feel, and a 7.5-inch high-density core for support and durability.
Let’s take a closer look at the mattress’s construction —
- Layer 1: Plush Cover with Ghost ice Fabric – This ½-inch layer feels chilly to the touch right away. This soft cover’s phase-change polymer reacts to your body heat.
- Layer 2: Gel Memory Foam – The cover is finished with a 1-inch layer of gel memory foam for a super-soft feel that feels like a gigantic “Ghost Hug”.
- Layer3: Cooling Fiber — A cooling, airflow-enhancing layer woven right into the cover keeps you cool and comfortable all night long.
- Layer 4: Ghost Ice Layer — The patent-pending Ghost Ice layer, developed by sleep experts, conducts heat to keep the mattress’s core cool.
- Layer 5: Gel Memory Foam – This 2-inch gel-infused Memory foam wicks away body heat while still providing exceptional pressure relief.
- Layer 6: Ghost Bounce Layer — This 2-inch Ghost Bounce Layer is unique to the brand, with latex-like responsiveness and memory foam-like contouring. It’s the closest you can come to floating without really leaving the ground.
- Layer 7: High-Density Support Layer — The Luxe’s 7.5-inch base layer provides the mattress with the most stability and longevity.
|GhostBed Luxe Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Sleepers can readily alter positions in some mattresses and that is known as repositioning. Many people experience frequent tossing and turning during sleeping.
The responsiveness of traditional memory foam is restricted. It’s a little more difficult to move around and toss and turn while sleeping on memory foam. When the GhostBed Luxe uses foam with latex-like properties, the result is a responsive mattress, which aids in repositioning. This is ideal for combo sleepers and anyone who does not want to feel trapped in their bed.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
When purchasing a mattress, it’s critical to consider if it provides excellent back support, spinal alignment, and pressure reduction. Maintaining adequate spinal alignment when sleeping is essential for healthy back support. This implies your spine should be held in nearly the same posture as it is when you’re standing. Localized discomfort, stiffness, and lack of circulation, as well as frequent tossing and other issues, can occur when a mattress pushes back against your body with too much power in a concentrated location. In general, side sleepers should be most concerned about “pressure points,” as this is the position in which your body’s weight is distributed over the smallest surface area. It is less of a worry for back sleepers since the body weight is dispersed across a larger surface area, resulting in fewer pressure points.
The capacity of a bed to relieve stress at pressure points located in the shoulders, hips, and lower back area of the body is referred to as pressure release. Unfortunately, no mattress provides these two benefits to all sleepers in the same way. Sleepers of various weights, body types, and sleep postures will have variable spinal alignment and pressure reduction capacities.
The GhostBed Luxe offers amazing cooling and contouring comfort, making it a great alternative for hot sleepers and those looking for targeted pressure-point relief. It conforms to your body like a cloud while giving the support you require. The layer of gel memory foam relieves back discomfort by reducing pressure points. The memory foam layer molds to your body, minimizing pressure points, motion transfer, and the desire to toss and turn. All night long, it supports your spine and soothes discomfort.
Foam mattresses, particularly memory foam mattresses, cradle the body of the sleeper, dispersing body weight. This can assist with aches and pains in the regions of the mattress where the most force is exerted.
- Back Sleepers: Back sleepers require greater support, especially around the hips, which can sink into softer beds and inhibit good spinal alignment. As a medium-plush mattress, the GhostBed Luxe gives a moderate upward thrust to the hip area to keep the spine straight. Back sleepers also require less pressure relief than other sleep types since the posture creates fewer pressure points. Body contouring is aided by the Ghost Bounce Layer.
- Side sleepers: The GhostBed Luxe is also suitable for side sleepers. This Luxe’s medium-plush texture is ideal for side and back sleepers who enjoy the sensation of sleeping on a cloud. It’s also perfect for couples, much like the other GhostBeds, thanks to its minimal motion transmission.
- Stomach sleepers: It might be more difficult to achieve appropriate spinal alignment for stomach sleepers since certain mattresses allow the hips to sink too far down. For “stomach sleepers,” stability and support are especially crucial to avoid back and hip discomfort. GhostBed Luxe is pleasant for low weight stomach sleepers because to its medium-plush structure. However, there may be misalignment in the heavy and average weight groups, resulting in a spinal curvature.
- Heavy sleepers: The GhostBed Luxe is especially pleasant for heavy people who sleep on their backs. There may be some concerns with the comfort and support for a restful sleep for heavier side sleepers and stomach sleepers.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Traditional memory foam mattresses retain heat as you sleep. The task of guaranteeing a cool night’s sleep was taken up by GhostBed luxury. Luxe is a seven-layer product with cooling characteristics. The GhostBed Luxe is one of the most comfortable cooling mattresses on the market.
Distinguishing cooling features:
- Cooling fibers are embedded into the GhostBed Luxe soft cover, which improves ventilation.
- The cover is also made of phase-change material, which absorbs and releases body heat as needed.
- Two layers of gel-infused foam and a patent-pending Ghost Ice foam layer for fast heat dissipation lie beneath.
The Luxe is an excellent alternative for hot sleepers who want the feel of memory foam without having to worry about heat retention.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
This category assesses how effectively a mattress protects other people in the bed from being disturbed when their partner rolls over, adjusts, or changes positions.
The inclusion of 7 layers of memory foam in the GhostBed Luxe provides outstanding movement isolation. Luxe is ideal for couples and pet owners who want less motion transfer during the night.
Foam mattresses aren’t usually extremely supportive at the very edge, which is significant if you want to sit on the perimeter of the bed or sleep on it. Couples should also consider edge support, since poor performance here restricts both sleeping and romantic activities to the middle of the bed. Getting in and out of bed might also cause a disturbance to your companion, since the bed may flex if you sit on the edge. With all-foam mattresses, this is a regular issue. The edge support on the GhostBed Luxe is moderate to slightly above average. As with other foam beds, when you sit at the edge of the bed, you will feel a deeper sinking. The foam is protected from collapsing by the high-density support core and latex-like polyfoam layer.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
We all need to sleep properly, no matter what posture we sleep in, in order for our bodies to recover and replenish. During the day, we really shrink by one to two inches. The lack of fluids causes the intervertebral discs to contract, which causes this condition. During the night, the fluid repairs the discs. In order for this to function, you must sleep in a comfortable position. What do we mean when we say we’re in a good position? There are three types of sleep positions: side, back, and stomach sleepers, as well as those who prefer a combination of these positions. All three people have distinct demands and so have varied experiences when it comes to the comfort, support, and flexibility that a mattress should provide.
Back discomfort, whether chronic or transitory, affects everyone, young or old. Whatever the case may be, it is critical to be aware of where you place your head (and back, of course).
Let’s take a closer look at the sleeping style:
- Side Sleepers: The majority of individuals prefer to sleep on their sides. The shoulders, hips, and legs bear the brunt of the body’s weight in this position. As a result, it’s critical that the body sinks into the mattress appropriately, while the waist is supported and the spine is aligned. This prevents neck and back ache in the morning. The support sections for the neck and pelvis should be flexible to relieve strain on these places. A responsive, medium-firm mattress that can accommodate their pressure spots without sinking too deep is ideal for side sleepers. As a consequence, side sleepers will appreciate the GhostBed Luxe. Its contouring memory foam layers can give additional cushioning for the shoulders and hips, while the overall firmness level prevents sinking. Only folks who weigh more over 230 pounds should avoid the mattress since it is too soft and conforming for them.
- Back Sleepers: Most people who sleep on their backs require sufficient firmness to prevent their mid-section from sinking into the mattress. They necessitate a great deal of contouring for both comfort and support. The GhostBed Luxe meets these criteria, especially for back sleepers who weigh less than 230 pounds. Weighted back sleepers are more prone to sink too deeply into the bed.
- Stomach Sleepers: For stomach sleepers who don’t want their stomach to sink too far into the bed, a firmer mattress is recommended. The GhostBed Luxe is a medium-plush mattress that may not be firm enough for stomach sleepers who weigh more than 130 pounds, but should be sufficient for those who weigh less than 130 pounds.
- Combination Sleepers: Those that toss and turn all night are known as combination sleepers. High responsiveness is a key feature to look for when shopping for a new mattress. The Luxe may not provide enough support for heavyweight or average-weight combo sleepers who like to sleep on their stomach. GhostBed Luxe is ideal for lightweight combo sleepers.
|Twin||38 x 80 x 12||80 lbs||$2595||$1298||50%|
|Twin XL||60 x 80 x 12||123 lbs||$2895||$1448||50%|
|Full||76 x 80 x 12||145 lbs||$2995||$1498||50%|
|Queen||72 x 84 x 12||148 lbs||$3195||$1598||50%|
|King||76 x 80 x 12||160 lbs||$3795||$1898||50%|
|Cal King||39 x 75 x 13||59 lbs||$3815||$1908||50%|
Coupons & Deals
- 50% OFF ALL BUNDLES. Unlock an EXTRA 10% OFF your order!
- 35% – 50% Off All Mattresses plus 2 free ghost Pillows. Exclude smartbed.