We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Nolah Signature 12 MattressBy Brand: Nolah Mattress
Nolah Mattress deals Coupons
- 30% off mattresses plus Two FREE Nolah Squishy Pillows ($198 Value).
Nolah is one of the first mattress brands to create its memory foam alternatives.
Nolah Signature is a beautiful mattress for somebody looking for deep pressure relief and some contouring.
The Nolah Signature is an improved version of the Nolah Original and is a high-end foam mattress. Signature 12 is thicker than the Original 10, is flippable (firm or soft), and has a lifetime warranty. Since it is an improved version of the Nolah Original 10, all the same positives apply to it.
If searching for a new foam mattress without the shortcomings of the memory foam mattress, then Nolah Signature 12 can be an option. Please read this article wherein we present a detailed review of the bed based on firmness, edge support, etc.
- Material: Foam
- Sizes: Nolah Signature 12 is available in standard sizes like Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King
- Pricing: Depending on the size
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 120-day trial, full refund, and pickup
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
Pros & Cons
The prospective shoppers of Nolah Signature 12 are
- All types of sleepers, including combination sleepers
- Organic Cotton cover
- Suffering from chronic pain such as fibromyalgia
- hot sleepers
- Those who choose thicker mattresses.
- cheap buyers
Shoppers who won’t favor Nolah Signature 12
- Heavy persons
- Prefers features of an innerspring mattress
- Only firm mattress
Whether a mattress is firm or soft is relatively subjective. All mattresses need to support body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfy and restful sleeping. Whether a bed is fluffy and plush (what mattress companies call soft) or less so (what companies call firm) is based on personal preferences.
There are two altitudes of firmness in the Nolah Signature 12 mattress. One side has a soft to medium-soft firmness level. This side is ideal for strict side sleepers. A firm feel on the other side provides more support and better spinal alignment for back and stomach sleepers.
Side sleepers need softer mattresses. A firm mattress would not only misbalance the spinal alignment but would induce soreness in the shoulders and hips. The shoulder and hip areas are the chief pressure points for side sleepers.
For Stomach and back sleepers, a firmer mattress is suitable. A firm mattress helps maintain a good spinal alignment. The firm side of the Nolah Signature more restful sleep than the soft side to these sleepers.
Nolah Signature is an all-foam mattress, so bodyweight must be taken into account. Signature 12 possibly will not be the best selection for those weighing more than 250 pounds. Heavier people won’t get the pressure relief and necessary support they need from foam beds alone. They can try hybrid options. Another point is the heavier load; the softer a mattress may seem. The same applies to those that are of a more petite build. With a lighter load, the firmer a mattress will feel. Always test the mattress while buying. The brand offers 120 days free trial.
Material & Construction
Nolah Signature 12 is an extra-thick, luxurious mattress. It has high durability, deep pressure relief, and gentle body contouring for ultimate sleep comfort.
- Cover: The Nolah mattress comes with a soft, breathable Tencel cover made from plant-based materials. The luxurious organic cotton cover is in ivory color.
- The inside cover is the following four layers;
- Layer 1:2.5 inch AirFoam
- Nolah Signature consists of two distinct layers on both sides, making it flippable. The 2.5″ of extra-thick Air-Foam is on one side, creating the soft side giving it suppleness with an ultra-responsive feel.
- On the other side, there is only 1″ of Air-Foam. It is the firm side of Nolah Signature. The proprietary Air-Foam consists of more giant open cells than regular foam. The air-foam mattress’s heat removal rate is more than the memory foam.
- Layer 2: 1.5-inch high resilience foam
- There is a high resilience foam beneath the firm side Air-Foam layer. This layer is responsible for the bounce and durability of the mattress,
- Layer 3: 1inch pressure-relieving AirFoam
- This layer of 1″ offers more firmness than the upper 2.5 inches of Air Foam. The pressure-relieving properties increase several folds with two custom-configured layers of extra-thick Air-Foam, resulting in nearly zero pressure points and that cherished cloud-like feeling.
- Layer 4: Reinforced High-Density Core Foundation
- This 7” base layer provides support to the upper layers. The high-density foam is breathable and adds to the durability of the mattress.
|Nolah Signature 12 Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Nolah Signature 12 has a resilient layer of 1.5 inches of foam. This particular layer keeps the mattress long-lasting and sag-free. Besides, this layer gives the sleeper a healthy and responsive bounce, making movement on the bed easy. There is no associated trapped in feeling as in the case of a memory foam mattress.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
The Nolah Signature Mattress comes with different firmness levels on either side of the mattress, i.e., the softer side would sit on the’ medium’ end of the firmness scale, whereas the firmer side would be termed as ‘medium/plush firm .’It gives an open-ended option to choose between the mattress sides, whichever is comfortable for you. The Nolah Signature is an extremely responsive mattress. It consists of softer neutral foam, which gives comfort to people, especially those who don’t like the natural feel of a memory foam mattress. The Air-foam’s use helps the circulation of air, which makes the mattress cool.
- Back Sleepers: People sleeping on their back tend to require more support — particularly around the hips, which may sink into softer mattresses and prevent proper spinal alignment. Sleepers sleeping on Nolah Signature 12 Firm side mattresses support the lumbar region to avoid aches and pains. It is perfect for the average-weight group.
- Side sleepers:Side sleepers will greatly appreciate Nolah Signature 12” soft side. The requisite support in the mid-section and the shoulder sink appropriately for optimal pressure relaxation.
- Stomach sleepers: Attaining healthy spinal alignment for stomach sleepers can often be trickier as the hips can tend to sink too far with some mattresses. Stability and support are critical for “stomach sleepers” not to cause back or hip pain. The firm side is an excellent choice.
- Combination Sleepers: Nolah Signature version is most comfortable for most combination sleepers in any weight group. With a quick response, it doesn’t hinder the movement.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Nolah Signature 12 is an utterly temperature-neutral foam that doesn’t absorb heat like memory foam. Signature 12 gives more significant cooling throughout the sleep period with the cool fresh technology. The Proprietary pneumatic foam structure with billions of microscopic air capsules releases excess heat through the bottom layers of the mattress.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
The Nolah Signature can be a good choice for couples, as the mattress offers negligible motion transfer. It means a peaceful night of snoring for you!! Couples with similar sleeping styles can fully benefit from this bed. Flipping the mattress every other night to compromise would be too much work for those who vary wildly in sleeping positions.
Like the Nolah Original, the Nolah Signature 12 mattress is created with all foam, which means that the edge support won’t be excellent. The mattress tends to collapse when sitting near the edges, but you definitely won’t roll off the bed when sleeping. More high-density base foam is used to fortify the core area. It also improves the overall border support on all borders.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
- Side sleeper: Nolah Signature is a good mattress catering to the demands of side sleepers. It gives them support while sleeping in this position, a feature missing from many mattresses available in the market. Average-weight people find adequate support when sleeping in the said position on the softer side of the mattress. Lightweight side sleepers shall get comfort on either side of the mattress, whereas heavier people won’t find the requisite comfort that they are looking for on this mattress.
- Back sleeper: Average-weight sleepers weighing above 230 lbs would find the softer mattress inconvenient while sleeping in the said position. They should opt for the firmer side of the mattress if they wish to sleep on their back for a prolonged time. Lightweight back sleepers will find comfort on either side of the mattress. Heavier people who weigh 300 lbs shall discover the firm side of the mattress comfortable when sleeping on their back, but if they consider it higher than that, they should select a different mattress.
- Stomach sleeper: Since it is an all-foam mattress, heavier people will sink in the mattress and experience discomfort while sleeping in this position. Ordinary weighing people would get adequate support while sleeping on the firm side of the mattress. Lightweight sleepers, too, shall experience comfort and support while sleeping on the firm side of the mattress.
Coupons & Deals
- 30% off mattresses plus Two FREE Nolah Squishy Pillows ($198 Value).