We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Shinola x Serta 313 MattressBy Brand: Serta
Q1. Can you give some background about a Serta mattress?
Serta, Inc. (“Serta”) has led the way in sleep innovation for over 90 years, Crafting quality products and catering to more than 150 countries globally. Every mattress available in the Serta®portfolio is aimed to deliver superior comfort. It includes the award-winning Perfect Sleeper® and iComfort® groups.
Serta mattresses are available to customers as well as to the hospitality segment.
Serta maintains the highest standards for product excellence and safety. Serta products get assembled from finished components, and all Serta foam is certified by CertiPUR-US® and tested to be:
- Low emission (VOCs) for indoor air quality
- Do not contain prohibited phthalates
- Created without ozone depletes (no CFCs)
- No heavy metals like mercury, lead, or heavy metals
- Contains no formaldehyde
Serta mattresses are eco-friendly- They have
- Serta innerspring and box springs are from 95% industrial recycled steel.
- The wood in bases is sourced from forests certification as sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Many textiles used in Serta mattress covers have the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® for manufacturing without toxic chemicals, including natural bamboo and/or pure organic cotton upholstery fabrics.
- Latex in Serta is from a natural/synthetic latex blend that is naturally anti-microbial and allergen resistant. It complies with the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® level for manufacturing without using harmful substances.
- Serta’s fire retardant barriers are made primarily from cotton or other cellulosic renewable fibers and use no harmful chemicals or processes.
- Serta insulator pads are from virgin recycled garment clips.
Q2. Describe briefly what sizes are available in the Serta Shinola mattress?
The Serta Arctic mattress- is available in 4 standard sizes.
- Full mattress – 54″ W x 75″ L;
- Queen mattress – 60″ W x 80″ L;
- King mattress – 76″ W x 80″ L;
- California King mattress – 84″ W x 72″ L;
Q3. Can you walk us through the Serta Shinola mattresses?
Stitched Shinola lightning bolt logos and an eye-catching bold stripe border signal this Shinola is no ordinary mattress. A soft, cool-to-the-touch fabric cover with a bi-layer cooling gel and premium memory foam will keep the sleeper cool and provide pressure relief for maximum sleep satisfaction.
Pros & Cons
Q1: Who would you recommend the Serta Shinola mattress?
- Searching for Aesthetic looks and feel
- Warm Sleepers: If you often overheat while sleeping, this mattress should help you stay cool.
- Couples: This bed has excellent motion isolation, so the sleeper won’t feel your partner tossing and turning at night.
- Side Sleeper: Ideal for lightweight, average, and heavyweight side sleepers.
- Back Sleeper: Only for lightweight and average weight back sleepers
Q2. Who should avoid the Serta Shinola mattress collection?
- Strict Stomach sleepers—
- Combination sleepers get feeling stuck
- Searching for a thick mattress
Q1. Can you brief the Serta Shinola mattress collection and the sizes available?
The premium creation of American luxury goods retailer Shinola collaborated with classic Serta comfort and created a mattress that looks and feels next-level cool. Prices start at $1199 for a queen-size base.
Serta Arctic mattress is available in single types. The chart gives the details.
|Cost for Queen
|Shinola x Serta 313 Mattress
It has two layers with cover
Material & Construction
Q1. Can you guide us through constructing different Serta Shinola mattress models?
The Serta Shinola mattress is 10 “tall and has a plush feel. It consists of 3 layers
- 313 Cool Cover
- EverCool® Fuze Gel Memory Foam
- Serta Foam Core
Details about the layers in Serta Shinola Mattress
- 313 Cool Cover: This expertly crafted cover looks as cool as it feels. Thoughtful details add style to the cool-to-the-touch fabric, helping you get your best night’s sleep.
- EverCool® Fuze Gel Memory Foam: A blend of cooling gel and premium memory foam, this comfort-inducing mixture cradles the sleeper and helps remain temperature neutral in a substantial, pressure-relieving embrace.
- Serta® Foam Core: This new and improved Serta Foam Core delivers durable backing for any sleep position. With constant support from edge to edge, one sleeps comfortably supported all night long.
|Shinola x Serta 313 Mattress
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
The tendency of Gel-infused foam to be more responsive, meaning switching positions during the night will be more accessible. You’ll have less chance of having a “stuck-in-the-mud” feeling. Partners can use the Serta Shinola mattress. If one needs the bounce of the innerspring mattress, they need to look for another bed from the Serta lineup.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
The foam in the Serta Shinola mattress has excellent pressure-relieving qualities, an advantage for those with joint pain issues or for those who primarily side sleepers. The EverCool® Fuze Gel Memory Foam cradles and helps cool sleepers in a generous, pressure-relieving embrace. This luxurious Serta Shinola mattress is quite comfortable to sleep in.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Serta Shinola mattress gives excellent cooling. Crafted with materials like EverCool® Fuze Gel, Memory foam enhances the cooling of the mattress. The innovative 313 cover is aimed to be the most heat-absorbing layer company ever created for all-night cooling. It adds style to the cool-to-the-touch textile, helping you get your best night’s sleep.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
This gel foam mattress engrosses movements like all foam, so the sleeper on one side of the mattress is less likely to be disturbed by motions on the other. This parameter makes Serta Shinola mattresses generally a good choice for couples. The foams offer outstanding comfort.
The Serta Shinola Mattress offers some edge-to-edge support. The Serta® Foam Core provides strong support for any sleep position with consistent support from edge to edge. People don’t have the sensation of rolling off the border; while sleeping, they enjoy a more excellent surface.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Q1. How would you describe the Serta Shinola mattress based on individual sleeping style?
- Side Sleepers: more curves are available on our side. Shoulders. Hips. Knees. These areas create tension and pressure. Ideally, a softer mattress cradle the hips and shoulders to prevent stress and injury.
Serta Shinola mattresses generally deliver more contouring and pressure relief hence ideal for side sleepers. The plush mattress support side sleepers in the lightweight and average weight group. Heavy people will sink deep and may put pressure on the shoulder and hip.
- Back Sleepers: Sleeping on the back is the best for spine health. Sleepers want a mattress that keeps weight off the joints and pressure points and cradles your spine optimally to maintain healthy alignment.
Specifically, a firm mattress is great for back sleepers. Firm mattresses prevent the hips and lumbar region from sinking deep and are suitable for the back. Healthy spinal alignment is vital for all types of sleepers.
Serta Shinola mattress is comfortable for lightweight back sleepers but not for the average and heavyweight group of people.
- Stomach Sleepers-Stomach sleepers are at the most significant risk of spinal problems as there is a great deal of pressure on the thoracic and lumbar spine. Ideally- a firm mattress that holds up the hips, reducing pressure on the lower back. Only Serta Shinola is not for the strict stomach sleepers.
- Combination Sleepers- Sleepers who tend to toss and turn throughout the night change sleeping positions frequently. Depending on their weight, all Serta Serene Shinola mattresses can be used.
Coupons & Deals
- Save up to $1100 on select mattresses + adjustable bases.