We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
The New York-based brand Winkbeds started its journey in 2014. It is a direct-to-consumer mattress and bedding brand. Winkbeds is an e-com company that creates luxury mattresses at an unbelievable price tag.
Winkbeds deals with the following mattresses
- GravityLux- All-foam model
- Eco Cloud- latex hybrid mattress
- WinkBed– Hybrid Model
The Gravitylux is manufactured by seasoned mattress professionals who have been designing and producing mattresses for decades. The Winkbeds is committed to improving sleep quality. Their innovation lies in lifetime-durable hybrid design, 3-step back-relief system™, Triple-Layer HeatDisperse™ material, and patented coolControl™ base. You’ll wake up fully rejuvenated and ready for the day.
This article will look deeply into The GravityLux Mattress‘s construction performance for various sleeping positions.
A LUXURY MEMORY FOAM BED DESIGNED WITH PATENTED AIRCELL™ FOAM. This GravityLux Mattress is one of two new add-ons to the WinkBed lineup- presents a new age of memory foam by nurturing a pressure-relieving experience devoid of the hitches of conventional viscoelastic materials.
Hugs where you want it and supports where you most need, guaranteed for a night of deep, restful sleep.
- Material: All-Foam
The GravityLux mattress combines four separate layers of foam, including both polyfoam and memory foam. Regarding the firmness, it is somewhere between 4-7 on the firmness scale of 10. It is an ideal option for those who aren’t sure whether they wish to go with a soft or firm mattress yet want a comfy and supportive sleep. The mattress is designed to fit all sleeping positions and nearly all body types. The mattress is available in 6 sizes.
- Sizes: GravityLux is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King.
- Pricing: Depends on size
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 120-day trial, full refund, and picku
- Warranty: Lifetime mattress warranty
Pros & Cons
The GravityLux has three layers of proprietary foam, including AirCell™ Memory Foam, Zoned Progression Foam™, and ATLAS Core™ Foam. It also features seven support layers that balance plush comfort for shoulders and legs with firmer midsection support. It is with solid cradling helps relieve pressure points with Temperature-regulating features for sleeping cooler than many all-foam models.
Besides, it offers a lot.
GravityLux Hybrid is Ideal for the people
- All sleepers- option to select a firmness
- Hot Sleepers
- Couples requiring motion isolation and ease of movement
- Searching perfect equilibrium in bounce, pressure relaxation
Not so ideal for the persons
- Preferring only memory foam
- Searching budget-friendly mattress
Whether a mattress is firm or soft is relatively subjective. All mattresses should support body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping. Whether a bed is fluffy and plush (what mattress companies call soft) or less so (what companies call firm) is purely defined based on personal preferences.
The GravityLux is available in three firmness choices: Soft, Medium, and Firm. The rating is on the firmness scale of 1-10. The Softer version scores four on the 10-point firmness scale, indicating a medium-soft feel. The Medium is at a 5, ideal medium firm. The Firmer option is at a 7.
This firmness is regulated with variations in constructions for the intended feel.
- Soft for people
Weighing under 130 pounds
Preferring a plush feel
- Medium is ideal for people
Sleeping on side or back
Searching more edge support and motion isolation
- The firm is ideal for
Couples with dissimilar weight groups have different position preferences.
Weights over 130 pounds
Sleeping on back or stomach
Material & Construction
The GravityLux is an 11-inch tall foam mattress. It comes with a Tencel cover for improvising sleep and speeding up muscle relaxation. The beds constituted gel-infused memory foam (to promote cooling) and encased coil layer. It has three firmness kevels with a slight difference in the construction.
They are designed with patented AirCell Foam- the next-gen Memory Foam with billions of Shock-absorbing air capsules.
Let’s dig into the details of the constitution of the mattress –
- Layer 1: TENCEL® COVER: The Mattress comes with a cover derived from Tencel©, a eucalyptus-based performance fabric tufted with 2″ of quality cooling gel foam inside. This cover is designed to wick body heat from the sleeper’s body. It helps sleep more deeply with temperature regulation.
- Layer 2: PATENTED AIRCELL™ MEMORY FOAM: This layer below the cover consists of AirCell™ Memory Foam. It supports and relieves the pressure with its patented shock-absorbing air capsules and eradicates motion transfer and the heat build-up linked with traditional Visco memory foam.
- Layer 3: PROGRESSION FOAM™: This layer delivers targeted support that pushes back in the hips and lumbar regions while plying in the shoulders and legs.
- Layer 4: ATLAS CORE™ FOAM: This layer with 1.8lb density ATLAS Core™ foam provides pushback support and sag-proof lifetime durability. The GravityLux is one of the most durable mattresses on the market.
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning means sleepers can change position quickly. many people frequently toss and turn while sleeping.
Many foam designs conform to the sleeper’s body, inhibiting movement. With GravityLux, it’s a little easier to move around the bed’s surface. It is achievable as the foam layers contours closely with less hug.
It uses a layer of quilted polyfoam in the cushions and around the contours of the mattress to reduce cuddling significantly. Polyfoam is inherently responsive to memory foam, so it rebounds faster, avoiding that “stuck in bed” feeling. This responsiveness can make it easier to switch positions during sleep.
With the soft type of GravityLux, the sleepers sink deeper and may impede movement than the more robust options.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Generally, foam mattresses, particularly memory foam mattresses, tend to cradle the sleeper’s body, redistributing body weight. It can help relieve aches and soreness in the Mattress areas that exert the most force.
- Back Sleepers: People sleeping on their back tend to require more support — particularly around the hips, which may sink into softer mattresses and prevent proper spinal alignment. Sleepers sleeping on GravityLux Firm mattresses having zoned support will get enough firmness or back support.
- Side sleepers:Side sleepers will greatly appreciate GravityLux Soft. The zoned support in the core allows the mid-section and the shoulder to sink appropriately for optimal pressure relaxation.
- Stomach sleepers: Attaining good spinal alignment for stomach sleepers can often be trickier as the hips can tend to sink too far with some mattresses. Stability and support are crucial for “stomach sleepers” not to cause back or hip pain. GravityLux firm is suitable for the majority of stomach sleepers but may create challenges for heavy sleepers who select the firmer models.
- Combination Sleepers: Versatile GravityLux is quite comfortable for most combination sleepers in any weight group. Though there is a bit of delay in response, it doesn’t hinder the movement.
- Heavy sleepers: These categories need firmer beds to avoid getting too deep into the mattress. The GravityLux supports folks with individual weights of 430 pounds, but anyone significantly heavier might opt for the Winkbed Plus for more support.
Cooling & Temperature Control
With two layers of breathable foam, GravityLux helps sleep cooler than several all-foam models. A good choice for people who tend to sleep hot and relishes the sensation of a foam mattress.
A Tencel cover is present in all types of firmness. A fabric capable of pulling heat away from the sleeper’s body, giving a fantastic night’s sleep.
With the use of Air Cell™ isn’t temperature-sensitive and disperses body heat faster. It draws heat from your body, diffusing it throughout the mattress to keep you cool.
While all GravityLux’s firmness alternatives sleep cooler than some foam mattresses, the firm version can sleep better because it does not allow sleepers to sink so deep.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
This category rates how well a mattress can prevent other sleepers in a bed from feeling when their sleep partner rolls over, shifts, or changes positions.
The mattress is equipped with a two-layer system, which absorbs motion transfer to a large extent. The memory foam and polyfoam layers work together and grab vibrations felt across the bed. The motion isolation offered by the Gravity Lux can put up the mattress as a good selection for couples.
Like other memory foam mattresses, the Gravity Lux doesn’t have reinforced edges. It implies that when pressure is applied, either when sitting or sleeping near the edge of the mattress, it tends to collapse. Although it is better than many all foam mattresses available in the market, it depends on the weight and forces applied. The softer variant tends to collapse more than the firm variant because it is made up of softer foams compared to the latter. But in the end, it is a subjective choice and can vary from person to person.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Young or old, nobody is immune to back pain, whether chronic or temporary. It is essential to pay attention to where you put your head (and back).
Let’s get a detailed idea about the Sleeping style depending on the firmness variations.
- Side sleeper: The unique construction of the mattress enables the sleeper to enjoy pressure relief while sleeping on their sides. It is important to note that the firmness of the mattress is ideal and in sync with your body weight. Too soft or too firm a mattress will put pressure on your hips and shoulders and on your lumbar region. So, one needs to be cautious about it. Lightweight people shall find optimum support on their side while sleeping on the softer variant; average-weight people might prefer the medium variant due to the contouring and comfort. Whereas people on the heavier side might select a medium or a firm variant, chances of the latter are high as the medium variant might be a little soft for their comfort.
- Back sleeper: Gravity Lux is a good choice for back sleepers, as it delivers on the needs of the back sleepers. Back sleepers want a uniform surface mattress that promotes healthy spine alignment and ideal firmness which won’t let their bodies sink in too deeply.
A softer variant is a better choice for people who weigh less than 130 pounds, as their bodies won’t sink in too deep.
Whereas for ordinary and heavyweight people, medium or firm variants would be better, as they would experience proper support and body contouring.
- Stomach sleeper: Most of the time, people’s weight is centered around their stomach and hips, which tends to put pressure on the mattress in the middle. The Gravity Lux is well designed to handle the pressure due to its zoned support system.
The softer variant is ideal for lightweight stomach sleepers, as they will experience optimum support on their lumbar region and not sink in too deep.
Average and heavyweight sleepers will find comfort and lumbar support on the medium or firm variant. They won’t press too deep in the comfort layers, and their spine shall remain well-aligned throughout the night.
|Twin||11 x 38 x 75||51 lbs||$1199||$899||25%|
|Twin XL||11 x 38 x 80||53 lbs||$1299||$999||23%|
|Full||11 x 54 x 75||66 lbs||$1599||$1299||19%|
|Queen||11 x 60 x 80||77 lbs||$1799||$1499||17%|
|King||11 x 76 x 80||94 lbs||$1999||$1699||15%|
|Cal King||11 x 72 x 84||95 lbs||$1999||$1699||15%|
Coupons & Deals
- $300 off on all mattresses.