We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Aurora Luxe Cooling-SoftBy Brand: Brooklyn Bedding
Brooklyn Bedding deals Coupons
- 25% Off Sitewide. Use Promo Code FALL25. Sale Ends 9/26/2023.
The Arizona-based brand Brooklyn Bedding started its journey in 1995. It is a direct-to-consumer mattress and bedding brand. The brand’s long existence has been the key to continued success as both a top retailer and manufacturer of private label mattresses nationwide.
Brooklyn Bedding deals with the following mattresses
- Brooklyn Signature- High Value
- Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling- Most Popular
- Brooklyn Sedona
- Brooklyn Spartan
- Brooklyn Chill
At Brooklyn Bedding, they inspect personally, crafting every bed on demand just for shoppers. By attentively researching, engineering, and customizing every mattress at their very own factory in Phoenix, Arizona, they create your best sleep experience ever. Most mattresses come in three firmness levels or feature some customizable option to ensure the best sleep solution.
This article will look deeply into The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling Mattress’s construction performance for various sleeping positions.
This 13.5-inch thick hybrid mattress offers the proper temperature regulation, comfort, and support. The mattress comes in three firmness levels: Soft, Medium, and Firm. The zoned coil system is also known to provide pressure point relief. The bed is compatible with most types of foundations.
Mattress Highlights include
An 8″ core constituting to 1,032 individually packed Ascension® coils delivers ultimate pressure point relaxations while decreasing motion transfer between sleep partners. The unique coil system is zoned to provide support where your body needs it most.
The 75″ high-density foam base adds strength to the mattress while reinforcing the individually wrapped coils as they compress.
- Material: Hybrid
Brooklyn Aurora provides a flat and firm surface to sleep on. It is excellent for back and stomach sleepers who require extra lumbar support. Apart from being available in usual sizes like Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cali King, it also comes in Split Cal King, Short Full, Short Queen, Olympic Queen, Short King, and RV King.
- Sizes: Aurora Luxe Cooling is available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King.
- Pricing: Depends on size
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 120-day trial, full refund, and pickup
- Warranty: 10 years limited warranty
Pros & Cons
The Brooklyn Aurora mattress is an excellent luxury hybrid mattress. With TitanCool™ infused into the Brooklyn Aurora for optimal conditions: cooling gel beads liquefy higher temperatures to relieve; these same pearls solidify at lower temperatures to ensure the perfect sleeping environment. The out is the most elite cooling mattress on the market.
Besides, it offers a lot.
Brooklyn Aurora is Ideal for people.
- All sleepers- option to select a firmness
- Hot Sleepers
- Couples and those sleeping with partners
- Lightweight people
- Sleepers with back pain
Not so ideal for the persons
- Preferring only memory foam
- Searching budget-friendly mattress
Whether a mattress is firm or soft is relatively subjective. All mattresses should support body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping. Whether a bed is fluffy and plush (what mattress companies call soft) or less so (what companies call firm) is purely defined based on personal preferences.
The Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling is available in three firmness choices: Soft, Medium, and Firm. The rating is on the firmness scale of 1-10. The Softer version scores three on the 10-point firmness scale, indicating a medium-soft feel. The Medium is at a 5, ideal medium firm. The Firmer option is at a 7.
This firmness is regulated with variations in constructions for the intended feel.
- Soft for people
- Mainly Side sleepers
- Searching more pressure point relief and gentler support for the body’s natural contours
- Relish the feeling of being “hugged” by your mattress
- Medium is ideal for people
- Combination Sleepers- switching between back, stomach, and side sleeper
- Searching for a balance between contouring and support
- You are a couple that needs to strike a balance with your comfort preferences
- The firm is ideal for
- Stomach and/or back Sleepers
- Relish deep sink into your mattress
- Sleepers requiring additional lumbar support
- Searching a smoother, flatter surface for sleeping
Material & Construction
Q1. What are the unique technology, design, and materials used in the construction of the Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling Mattress?
The Brooklyn Aurora is a 13-inch tall hybrid mattress.
It comes with a 1.5” top layer of patented CopperFlex™ foam for more responsive contouring with targeted pressure point relaxation and the antimicrobial properties of copper.
Moreover, a PCM surface infusion of TitanCool™ helps maintain some skin temperature at an ideal 88 degrees for sleep.
The most advanced textile on the market delivers the benefits of TitanCool™ on contact.
Let’s dig into the details of the constitution of the mattress –
- Layer 1: COVER: The Mattress comes with a cover with a smooth feel. This cover is designed to wick body heat from the sleeper’s body—inclusion of phase-change TitanCool™. Cooling gel balls adapt to your body heat and help keep the surface temperature regulated. It helps sleep more deeply with temperature regulation.
- Layer 2: the 1.5-inch layer of CopperFlex™ foam with TitanCool™: This layer below the cover consists of CopperFlex Foam. This layer provides pressure relaxation that should never overheat as the thermal conductive gel helps to dissipate heat away from the body.
- Layer 3: 2 inches of soft TitanFlex™: This layer of latex alternative is exceptionally sturdy and without a problem for sleepers with latex allergies. This layer provides extra contouring with added bounce.
- Layer 4: 1-inch swirl memory foam: This transitional layer between the foam and base coils helps to lift the mattress’ motion isolation. Infusion of gel in this foam layer promotes further cooling.
- Layer 5: 8” zoned coil core: This layer is with 8-inch Ascension X™ wrapped coils that provide care, durability, and stability. The rings also promote responsiveness and motion isolation, curtailing partner disturbance.
- Layer 6: 0.75 “Base Foam: This layer forms the supportive base under the coil layer.
Various factors can add to a mattress’ level of firmness, including foam density, transition foams, and coil systems.
- Soft: This is with a secondary 2″ layer of soft TitanFlex™ foam, providing cloud-like comfort with quick response technology that adjusts to your body each time you move. The third layer of 1-inch gel memory foam provides greater pressure relaxation.
- Medium: Consists of a secondary 2-inch layer of stretchable TitanFlex™ foam, providing a perfect fit of contouring with instant response technology that adjusts to the sleeper’s body each time you move. Also, the 1″ gel swirl memory foam third layer ensures added pressure relaxation.
- The firm: has a secondary 1.5″ layer of firm TitanFlex™ foam for additional support and a more healthy spine position, important to back stomach, and some combination sleepers. The third layer of 1. 5-inch VariFlex™ transition foam provides a more traditional sleeping experience.
|Aurora Luxe Cooling-Soft|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Q1. How would you rate Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling Mattress from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
Repositioning means sleepers can change position quickly. Many people frequently toss and turn while sleeping.
Some mattresses sink a lot under your body, which makes them quite difficult to move when getting in and out of bed. The Aurora doesn’t share this problem, for the most part. Sleepers’ experience with moving the mattress depends on their body weight and the firmness of the mattress they select.
You may find it restricting to move around in the Med Soft Aurora than those with other levels of firmness, as this model tends to sink deep. This is true for people weighing over 230 pounds. The Aurora firm drops negligible, offering the best ease of movement, but the medium-firm is also provided easy movement.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2. How would you rate Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling Mattress for providing comfort and pressure relief to sleepers?
Generally, foam mattresses, particularly memory foam mattresses, tend to cradle the sleeper’s body, redistributing body weight. It can help relieve aches and soreness in the Mattress areas that exert the most force.
- Back Sleepers: People sleeping on their back tend to require more support — particularly around the hips, which may sink into softer mattresses and prevent proper spinal alignment. Sleepers sleeping on Brooklyn Aurora with various firmness mattresses give enough support to the lumbar region to avoid aches and pains.
- Side sleepers:Side sleepers will greatly appreciate Brooklyn Soft. The requisite support in the mid-section and the shoulder to sink appropriately for optimal pressure relaxation. Sleepers also get a chance to select firmness as per their lifestyle.
- Stomach sleepers: Attaining good spinal alignment for stomach sleepers can often be trickier as the hips can tend to sink too far with some mattresses. Stability and support are crucial for “stomach sleepers” not to cause back or hip pain. Aurora firm is suitable for the majority of stomach sleepers, particularly for heavy sleepers. In general, the med firm version is comfortable for these types of sleepers.
- Combination Sleepers: Versatile Aurora hybrid is most comfortable for most combination sleepers in any weight group. With a quick response, it doesn’t hinder the movement.
- Heavy sleepers: These categories need firmer beds to avoid getting too deep into the mattress. The Brooklyn Aurora hybrid supports folks with individual weights of 300 pounds, but anyone significantly heavier might opt for the firmer models for more support.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3. How would you rate the cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling Mattress?
Hybrids mattresses aurora is with multiple cooling features. The presence of the springs promotes constant air circulation to cool the inner layers and help the whole bed to be at a neutral temperature. Aurora is with the most advanced fabric on the market, delivering TitanCool™ benefits on contact. While the moderate skin temperature is 91 degrees, the ideal skin temperature for sleeping is 88 degrees. Cooling gel balls liquefy at higher temperatures to deliver relief; the same beads harden at lower temperatures to ensure the perfect sleep environment.
Moreover, the mattress features copper—a highly conductive element that naturally draws heat out and away from the body, plus cooling gel treatments in the TitanFlex™ comfort foam layer and tertiary memory foam layer. As a result, Aurora Hybrid is the most elite cooling mattress on the market.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4. Does Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling Mattress provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing a bed with others?
This category rates how well a mattress can prevent other sleepers in a bed from feeling when their sleep partner rolls over, shifts, or changes positions.
The mattress is equipped with a two-layer system, which absorbs motion transfer to a large extent. The memory foam and polyfoam layers work together and grab vibrations felt across the bed. The motion isolation offered by the Gravity Lux can put up the mattress as a good selection for couples.
Q5. How would you rate the edge support of Brooklyn Aurora Luxe Cooling Mattress?
The firm model of the mattress offers average edge support. However, the soft and medium models are not great at edge support. The mattress perimeter sinks and may give a collapsing effect once you sit or lie at the edge.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Young or old, nobody is immune to back pain, whether chronic or temporary. It is essential to pay attention to where you put your head (and back).
Let’s get a clear idea about the Sleeping style depending on the firmness variations.
- Side Sleepers: The mattress should be quite a suitable option for side sleepers. The hips and the shoulders are expected to sink in just the right amount, relieving the stress areas. Heavyweight folks more than 230 lb. must opt for the firm model. Lightweight and average-weight sleepers can choose between the soft and the medium variants as per their needs.
- Back Sleepers: The firm model of the mattress is most suitable for back sleepers. For lightweight people, the medium or soft models may be preferable. The mattress will contour around the body and let your hips and shoulders sink a little bit, helping in pressure point relief.
- Stomach Sleepers: Stomach sleepers should either opt for the Medium or the firm variant for proper support and pressure point relief. For individuals weighing at least 130 lb., the firm model should be most suitable. Heavier stomach sleepers might find this mattress unsuitable.
|Twin||13 x 38 x 75||60 lbs||$1199||$899||25%|
|Twin XL||13 x 38 x 80||65 lbs||$1465||$1098||25%|
|Full||13 x 53 x 75||85 lbs||$1865||$1398||25%|
|Queen||13 x 60 x 80||105 lbs||$2265||$1698||25%|
|Cal King||13 x 72 x 84||130 lbs||$2665||$1998||25%|
|King||13 x 76 x 80||130 lbs||$2665||$1998||25%|
Coupons & Deals
- 25% Off Sitewide. Use Promo Code FALL25. Sale Ends 9/26/2023.