We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Q1. Can you give some background about a Serta mattress?
Serta, Inc. (“Serta”) has led the way in sleep innovation for over 90 years, crafting quality products and catering to more than 150 countries globally. Every mattress available in the Serta® portfolio is to deliver superior comfort. It includes the award-winning Perfect Sleeper® and iComfort® groups.
Serta mattresses are available to customers as well as to the hospitality segment.
Serta maintains the highest standards for product excellence and safety. Serta products are from finished components, and all Serta foam is certified by CertiPUR-US® and tested to be:
- Low emission (VOCs) for indoor air quality
- Do not contain prohibited phthalates
- Created without ozone depletes (no CFCs)
- No heavy metals like mercury, lead, or heavy metals
- Contains no formaldehyde
Serta mattresses are eco-friendly- They have
- Serta innerspring and box springs are prepared from 95% industrial recycled steel.
- The wood in bases is sourced from forests certification as sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Many textiles used in Serta mattress covers have the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® for manufacturing without toxic chemicals, including natural bamboo and/or pure organic cotton upholstery fabrics.
- Latex in Serta is from a natural/synthetic latex blend that is naturally antimicrobial and allergen resistant. It complies with the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® level for manufacturing without using harmful substances.
- Serta’s fire-retardant barriers are made primarily from cotton or other cellulosic renewable fibers and use no harmful chemicals or processes.
- Serta insulator pads are from virgin recycled garment clips.
Q2. Describe briefly what sizes are available in a box in the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress?
The Serta i-comfort mattress- is available in 6 standard sizes.
- Twin: 38” x 74.5”
- Twin XL: 38” x 79.5”
- Full: 53” x 74.5”
- Queen: 60” x 79.5”
- King: 76” x 79.5”
- California King: 72” x 83.5”
Q3. Can you walk us through the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses in a box?
Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress is found in multiple conformations, firmness, structure, and cost variations.
Each model of Serta perfect Sleeper hybrid mattress is created with one, two, or three memory foam comfort layers. The Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress line-up comprises all of the following:
- Nestled Night™:The construction with a single layer of gel-infused memory foam, gel foam, and Serta Foam core.
- Tranquil Wave™: Hybrid construction with double layers of memory foam, including a gel-infused layer, a contouring layer, and pocketed coils.
- Splendid Slumber™: Created with two layers of gel memory foam, including a gel-cradle layer and an antimicrobial cover.
- Renewed Relief™: Hybrid construction and only plush model in the group. It consists of coils, gel memory foam, deep reaction memory foam, and the knitted cover.
The configurations of the Perfect Sleeper Mattress in a box depending on the types of memory foam inserted in the comfort layers.
HexCloud gel-infused memory foam consists of the first layer of memory foam in each Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress in a box line-up. Hexagonal shapes in the foam are innovated to promote airflow and prevent heat storage. Then the cool twist gel foam layer for contouring and cradling the body. The foam core layer offers support.
Pros & Cons
Q1: Who would you recommend the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress to?
- Side sleepers: It’s soft, but it still feels like it has a nice balance of body contouring.
- Combination sleepers: The Serta Perfect Sleeper is also a good fit for this category. If on switches position throughout the night, one should feel comfortable and supported on this mattress. The innerspring coils in this mattress will offer gentle support at the lumbar area to help these sleepers avoid pain.
- For a warm sleeper: They enjoy some of the cooling components in this mattress, like the top breathable cover and individually wrapped coils. Both aim to promote air circulation and maintain it cool at night.
- Memory foam Lovers: the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress is a box with gel memory foam and other memory foam.
Q2. Who should avoid the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box collection?
- Stomach sleepers: The Renewed Night Plush model is too soft for this group. These sleepers select a firmer mattress to feel more support at the hips. The extra Firm Renewed Night model without a pillow top should work for them.
Q1. Can you brief the size of the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box collection?
It is one of the most distinguishable Serta brands. The Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box is moderately priced. These mattresses are traditional innerspring or all-foam mattresses. Their newer beds, the all-foam Nestled Night™, and the hybrid Tranquil Wave™ mattresses are compressed and shipped in a box. The majority of consumers find these mattresses cozy, but there were some reports of sagging for some models. Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box is available in various types. The chart gives the details.
|Sl. No||Serta Mattress Variety||Height||Firmness||Cost for Queen|
|1||Perfect Sleeper® Nestled Night™10” Gel Memory Foam Mattress||10”||Medium Firm||$629.10|
|2||Perfect Sleeper® Tranquil Wave™11” Hybrid Mattress||11”||Medium||$719.10|
|3||Perfect Sleeper® Splendid Slumber™12″ Gel Memory Foam Mattress||12”||Medium||$899.10|
|4||Perfect Sleeper® Renewed Relief™12″ Hybrid Mattress||12”||Plush||$899.10|
Q2. What is the firmness available in Serta Perfect Mattress?
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress comes in three firmness levels: Plush, Medium, and Medium Firm. With multiple firmness options available, shoppers get the chance to their personal needs and preferences.
- Plush is ideal for: A side sleeper or a back sleeper weighing 130 pounds prefers to sink into the mattress a bit. The Plush model is medium soft and hugs the body’s shape.
- Medium is ideal for: A side, back, or stomach sleeper and people tend to sleep warm. The Medium variant accommodates all sleeping positions while preventing heat build-up.
- Medium Firm is ideal for: A back or stomach sleeper requires strong support. The Medium Firm model also neutralizes temperature well to help keep sleepers cool.
Material & Construction
Q1. Can you guide us through constructing a different Serta i-comfort mattress model?
Perfect Sleeper® Nestled Night™ mattress is a 10” Medium Firm with three layers.
- HexCloud™ Gel Memory Foam
- CradleGel™ Foam
- Serta® Foam Core
Perfect Sleeper® Tranquil Wave™11” Hybrid Mattress consists of four layers
- HexCloud™ Gel Memory Foam
- Cool Twist® Gel Foam
- 825 Edition Custom Support Coil System
- Serta Base Foam
Perfect Sleeper® Splendid Slumber™12″ Gel Memory Foam Mattress -a 12″ tall, medium variety comes with five layers.
- Antimicrobial cover*
- HexCloud™ Gel Memory Foam
- Cool Twist® Gel Memory Foam
- CradleGel™ Foam
- Serta Support Foam
Perfect Sleeper® Renewed Relief™12″ Hybrid Mattress is a 12 “tall plush mattress with five layers.
- Antimicrobial Quilted Cover*
- HexCloud™ Gel Memory Foam
- Deep Reaction™ Memory Foam
- 825 Edition Individually Wrapped Coils
- Serta Support Foam
Details about the layers in Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress
Perfect Sleeper delivers more than 40% better pressure relief with the help of their exclusive foams for a truly refreshing sleep experience. The constituents of the mattress are
- CradleGel™ Foam*- Only in Nestled Night™ & Splendid Slumber™: Gel-infused foam offers overall cooling comfort and cushioning support.
- HexCloud™ Gel Memory Foam: Serta’s unique memory foam gel features geometric cutouts to provide excellent shaping pressure relief for a relaxing sleep.
- Serta Foam Core*-Only in Nestled Night™ & Splendid Slumber ™: Provides durable support for any sleep position. You’ll be comfortably supported all night long with consistent backing from edge to edge.
- 825 Edition Custom Support® Coil System*-Only in Tranquil Wave™ and Renewed Relief™: With the presence of up to 825 individually wound coils provides contouring and cradling support from edge to edge, minimizing the impact of your partner’s movements.
- Deep Reaction™ Memory Foam*-Only in Renewed Relief™: This highly-dense memory foam has cushioning and conforming qualities for a firm yet comfortable deep-down support.
- Cool Twist® Gel Memory Foam*-Only in Splendid Slumber™: Features cooling gel swirled into premium memory foam designed to promote airflow and heat dissipation for a cool, contouring type of comfort.
|Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress-in-a-Box-Perfect Sleeper Nestled Night|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Most sleepers find it easy to move around on the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box.
Many find that all-foam mattresses contours closely and can restrict movement if the comfort layers slowly return to their original shape. Traveling from one end of the mattress to the other is a bit more complicated.
Pocketed springs of extra bounce, making it easier to change positions or move around as needed. Hybrid mattresses of the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box tend to balance ease of movement with motion isolation due to the blending of coils and foam.
The memory foam isolates movement and pocketed coils provide additional bounce to prevent feeling restricted by the comfort layers.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
The hybrid creation of the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box helps relieve pressure points while promoting spinal alignment. The memory foam comfort layer hugs the body and contours its shape to relax pressure points; the wrapped coils provide robust support.
The Plush model scores exceptionally well for pressure relaxation. The comfort layer of soft foam allows sleepers to sink deep into the mattress. It pads areas like the shoulders and hips, where pressure build-up is more.
The Medium and Medium Firm variations also provide pressure relief for sleepers of the heavyweight category, mainly those who weigh above 130 pounds.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Hybrid mattresses regulate temperature exceptionally well since the wrapped coils circulate air and help remove heat. The comfort layers ab in the mattress can affect temperature neutrality.
An entire foam mattress is more likely to retain heat; using a thin layer of foam above pocketed coils allows better air circulation.
As the Medium and Medium Firm models do not contour closely, air can circulate through the body to help prevent heat build-up. The Plush model is softer, hugs the body closely, and may retain more heat than the firmer models. Still, this only plush model consisting of 825 individually wrapped coils allows air circulation well.
The use of HexCloud™ Gel Memory Foam and Cool Twist® Gel Memory Foam improves the heat dissipation capacity of the mattress and lets Sleeper sleep cool throughout the night.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
A coiled mattress engrosses movements like all foam, so the Sleeper on one side of the mattress is less likely to be disturbed by motions on the other. This parameter makes Serta mattresses, in general, a good choice for couples. The foams offer outstanding comfort. Depending on personal preference, any bed from the Perfect Sleeper line-up can be selected, but the hybrid versions with 825 individually wrapped coils provide maximum motion isolations.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress offers some edge-to-edge support. Edge support gives a measure of how sturdy the sides of your mattress are. If a mattress comes with good edge support, it won’t collapse under your weight when you roll to the side of the bed. A good mattress for couples will have strong edge support so that sleepers enjoy the entire surface area of their bed without feeling unstable. People don’t have the sensation of rolling off the border; while sleeping, they want a more excellent surface. Usually, wrapped coils in the hybrid models come with good edge support.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Q1. How would you describe the Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress based on individual sleeping style?
- Side Sleepers: more curves are available on our side. Shoulders. Hips. Knees. These areas create tension and pressure. Ideally, a softer mattress cradles the hips and shoulders to prevent stress and injury.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress is exceptionally well for side sleepers irrespective of body type. The blend of pocketed coils and memory foam gives these sleepers excellent pressure relief and spinal alignment.
The Renewed Relief™12model has a more comfortable layer of memory foam, which contours to the body’s shape and helps prevent pressure points. The wrapped coil core delivers adequate support to help keep the spine positioned throughout the night.
This Plush model is highly rated by side sleepers who weigh below 230 pounds, while those who weigh above 230 pounds prefer the medium option.
- Back Sleepers: Sleeping on the back is the best for spine health. Sleepers want a mattress that keeps weight off the joints and pressure points and cradles your spine optimally to maintain healthy alignment.
The Medium firm variety of the Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress is suitable for back sleepers. The Plush and Medium models are ideal for sleepers who weigh below 130 pounds. For the heavyweight group, the Medium Firm version also works.
Regarding spinal alignment, support for the shoulders and lumbar region are among the most critical point for back sleepers to check. The Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress in a box combines memory foam and wrapped coils to provide the contouring and backing needed for sleeping on the back.
- Stomach Sleepers-Stomach sleepers are at the most significant risk of spinal problems as there is a great deal of pressure on the thoracic and lumbar spine.
Although the Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress scores well for stomach sleepers, there are a few additional considerations to remember.
The most common cause of pain for stomach sleepers is spinal misalignment from sinking into the mattress. The more the midsection presses into a mattress, the more likely Sleeper will experience pressure on their lower back.
Stomach sleepers prefer a firmer mattress that gives more support for the mid-portion, which helps maintain the spine straight and prevents back pain. As a result, most stomach sleepers prefer the Serta Perfect Sleeper Nested night and Tranquil wave Mattress in Medium or Medium Firm. The comfort layer of memory foam cushions the upper body while preventing sleepers from sinking in too deeply.
|Twin||39 X 75 X 10||NA||$549||$549||0%|
|Twin XL||39 X 80 X 10||NA||$579||$579||0%|
|Full||54 X 75 X 10||NA||$649||$649||0%|
|Queen||60 X 80 X 10||NA||$699||$699||0%|
|Cal King||72 X 84 X 10||NA||$999||$999||0%|
|King||76 X 80 X 10||NA||$999||$999||0%|
Coupons & Deals
- Mattresses starting at $499.