We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Tuft and Needle Mint MattressBy Brand: Tuft and Needle
Tuft and Needle deals Coupons
- Save 20% on all mattresses.
- Plus, save 20% on bedding and accessories.
Tuft & Needle is one of the famous American mattress brands. Brand Started its journey in 2012. The brand offers three mattresses: the Tuft & Needle Mattress, the Mint Mattress, and the Tuft & Needle Hybrid Mattress. The first two models consist of all-foam variants, while the third one, as the name suggests, is a hybrid model.
This article will review the Tuft and Needle Mint Mattresses in-depth in terms of firmness, cooling, construction, pricing, etc. Do keep reading to help you decide if it suits you or not.
The Tuft & Needle Mint mattress is an all-foam offering by the brand. The bed uses T&N Adaptive foam and polyfoam support core. It comes with two comfort layers for extra cradling and has a medium-firm feel (6 out of 10).
- Material: All-Foam
The T&N Mint is an excellent cooling Mattress catering to a wide range of sleepers. An innovative bed with adaptive foams provides body contouring and responsiveness. This 12-inch tall mattress consists of only three layers, including a breathable cover, with a med-firm feel best for side and combination sleepers in the average weight category.
- Sizes: Available in all regular sizes like Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, Split King
- Pricing: Depends on size
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 100-day trial, full refund, and pickup
- Warranty: 10 years limited mattress warranty
Pros & Cons
The T&N Mint is the brand’s luxury all-foam model. Like the Tuft & Needle original, the Mint uses patented T&N Adaptive foam and a polyfoam core. In Mint, there are two layers of T&N Adaptive foam for extra embracing and pressure relief. It also comes in at a slightly elevated price tag as a luxury model with more material.
Besides, it offers a lot.
Q1. Who would you recommend the Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress to?
- ideal for the Elderly people
- Side sleepers
- Hot Sleepers-Provides a more relaxed sleeping experience.
Q2. Who should avoid the Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress?
- Heavy sleepers- particularly the Back & stomach sleepers.
- Looking for memory foam cuddling.
- Searching spring beds.
Firmness measurement is relative to body weight. We are giving the industry standards related to moderate-weight persons.
The T&N Mint Mattress comes in only one firmness level- Medium Firm. Numerically it represents six on a firmness scale of 1-10.
This med-firm is most suitable for the majority of sleepers. An exception is always there. Individual lifestyle and preferences are vital factors for selecting the firmness level for a mattress. Sleeping comfortably with healthy spinal alignment is necessary for muscle relaxation and waking up pain-free. A mattress med-firm for one can be too firm for lightweight folks or soft for the heavy category.
Material & Construction
Q1. What are the unique technology, design, and materials used in the construction of the Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress?
Construction is simple, mainly three layers of polyfoam. The top two layers are of T & N Adaptive® foam for added softness pressure relief with heat-conducting graphite and ceramic cooling gel. Having a higher density of polyfoam at the base provides support.
- Layer 1: Cover- The slight stretchable knit cover is a dark charcoal gray. Pressing down, one feels the foam conform but pop up quickly on release. Quick responsiveness gives a different feel than traditional memory foam mattresses yet cradles the body well.
- Layer 2: T&N Adaptive Foam with Graphite– A 3-inch thick layer of patented T&N adaptive foam lies underneath the cotton cover. It provides extra comfort pressure relief and regulates temperature. The infusion of thermally conductive graphite, an open-cell structure, eliminates body heat.
- Layer 3: Transitional layer: this 2-inch layer of patented T&N adaptive foam with ceramic cooling gel removes the body heat and gives support. This transitional layer is a bit harder than the top layer.
- Layer 4: Base support- Lower 7-inch dense polyfoam layer with open-cell structure. It gives support and breathability to the design and improves the bed’s cooling.
|Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
Q1. How would you rate Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
Repositioning means that sleepers can change position easily and is particularly applicable for sleepers who toss and turn during the night.
The adaptive comfort layer in T& N bed is more responsive than most memory foam comfort layers. Use of polyfoam, The Mint Mattress gives it a more responsive nature than most mattresses containing memory foam. Besides, the med-firm firmness also enhances the responsiveness of the mattress. So, it is easier to switch positions or move from one side to the other side of the bed.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2. How would you rate Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress for providing comfort and pressure relief to sleepers?
The Tuft & Needle Mint mattress is an upgrade over the Tuft & Needle original mattress. This mattress excels in offering pressure relief and comfort. The bed comes with an additional comfort layer for extra cradling. This layer allows you to sink into the mattress comfortably, while the high-density polyfoam support core prevents the “hug” of the bed that might make you uncomfortable. The Mint mattress maintains a neutral temperature due to its cooling technologies. The breathable cover and the gel-infused foam layers help you sleep cool through the night.
- Back Sleepers: People sleeping on their Back tend to require more support — particularly around the hips, which may sink into softer mattresses and prevent proper spinal alignment. Sleepers sleeping on this mint mattress may be concerned that a plush, medium-firm bed may not provide enough firmness or back support. An exception is there. If sleepers love to soak in a bit in the softness, Mint is for them. However, the firm one like T & N Hybrid should be great for the heavy folks.
- Side sleepers:Side sleepers will greatly appreciate T & N Mint. The Mint is on the softer side of the firmness scale. With the plush comfort layer, the mattress will absorb the pressure from the critical areas like shoulder and hip bones providing a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Stomach sleepers: Maintaining healthy spinal alignment for stomach sleepers can often be trickier as the hips can tend to sink too far with some mattresses. Stability and support are crucial for “stomach sleepers” not to cause back or hip pain. T& N Mint is suitable for lightweight and average-weight stomach sleepers with a medium-firm configuration. Still, it may create challenges for heavy sleepers who may experience sinking in and make a spinal curvature. Strict stomach sleepers also should opt for firmer models.
- Heavy sleepers: Mint mattresses are also an excellent selection for heavy people. With the resilient, adaptive foams, the heavy sleepers below 450 lbs get the necessary support and comfort.
- Combination sleepers: Mint mattresses are great for combination sleepers. The T& N adaptive foam provides good bounce. The responsiveness helps the sleepers to switch positions with ease.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3. How would you rate the cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress?
The memory foam mattress is notorious for retaining heat, but the Mint combats this issue with multiple cooling features that cater to sleepers who tend to sleep hot. The breathable grey cover allows air circulation in the mattress. The Thermo conductive Infused graphite in the comfort layer wicks heat away from the sleeper’s body, while ceramic gel balls in the transition layer further dissipate heat. T&N Mint, with these features, offers excellent cooling to hot sleepers.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4. Does Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing a bed with others?
Movement isolation means the amount of movement transfer that is felt through the surface of the mattress. This category rates how well a mattress can prevent other sleepers in a bed from feeling when their sleep partner rolls over, shifts, or changes positions.
The Tuft & Needle Mint mattress performs exceptionally well in absorbing motion transfer within the bed. The three dense foam layers reduce motion vibrations and prevent you from getting disturbed.
Q5. How would you rate the edge support of Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress?
The dense polyfoam layers offer excellent edge support. Foam mattresses don’t usually have reinforced edges, but the Mint does. The bed has extra firm foam reinforced near the periphery to prevent sagging. You shall feel safe while sitting or lying near the borders. However, too much force near the edges may lead to some sinkage.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
No matter what position we sleep in, we all need to sleep well so our bodies can heal and rejuvenate. There are three sleep postures: Side, back, and stomach sleepers. Therefore, all three have different needs and specific experiences regarding the comfort, support, and flexibility that the mattress should offer them.
- Side Sleepers: The mattress is suitable for light and average-weight side sleepers. They shall experience ample cradling and comfort. Heavy sleepers may find this mattress a little softer.
- Back Sleepers: Being a medium-firm mattress, lightweight and average weighing back sleepers shall find the Tuft & Needle Mint mattress supportive and comforting.
- Stomach Sleepers: The mattress is ideal for light and average-weight stomach sleepers as they may enjoy good support and pressure relaxation. However, heavy sleepers may find this mattress somewhat less supportive.
- Combination Sleepers: T & N is excellent for combination sleepers. Lightweight combination sleepers spending the most time on sides may find this very comfortable. However, heavy folks alternating between Back and stomach will surely not enjoy sleeping on this mattress.
Coupons & Deals
- Save 20% on all mattresses.
- Plus, save 20% on bedding and accessories.