We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid MattressBy Brand: Tuft and Needle
Tuft and Needle deals Coupons
- Save 20% on all mattresses.
- Plus, save 20% on bedding and accessories.
Tuft & Needle is one of the famous American mattress brands. Brand Started operation in 2012. The brand offers three mattresses: the Tuft & Needle Mattress, the Mint Mattress, and the Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress. The first two models are all-foam variants, while the third one, as the name suggests, is a hybrid model.
This article will review the Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattresses in-depth in terms of firmness, cooling, construction, pricing, etc. Do keep reading to help you decide if it suits you or not.
It is the only hybrid mattress in the Tuft & Needle mattress lineup. The bed combines the qualities of coils and comfort layers and enables you to experience comfortable sleep. The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress also comes with a medium-firm feel rated 5-6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. It is 12 inches in height.
- Material: Hybrid
The T&N Mint Hybrid is a sturdy, cooling Mattress catering to a wide range of sleepers. An innovative bed with a combination of foam & coils provides body contouring and responsiveness. This 12-inch tall mattress consists of only six layers, including a breathable cover, with a med-firm feel best for back and stomach sleepers in the average weight category.
- Sizes: Available in all regular sizes like Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King, Split King
- Pricing: Depends on size
- Shipping & Delivery: Free
- Trial & Return: 100-day trial, full refund, and pickup
- Warranty: 10 years limited mattress warranty
Pros & Cons
The T&N Mint Hybrid combines all foam and spring constructions into one mattress delivered to customers in a box. With encased coil support core and a comfort segment composed of adaptive foam and nano-coils, this mattress attains a balance between the resilient bounce and responsive contouring. For back and stomach sleepers’ mattress is a great choice.
Besides, it offers a lot.
Q1. Who would you recommend the Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress to?
- It is ideal for the people
- Offering superb edge support.
- Hot Sleepers-Provides a more relaxed sleeping experience.
Q2. Who should avoid the Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress?
- Heavy sleepers- may experience sinkage.
- Couples-Do does not absorb motion transfer completely.
- Searching Memory foam beds.
Firmness measurement is relative to body weight. We are giving the industry standards related to moderate-weight persons.
The T&N Mint Hybrid Mattress comes in only one firmness level- Medium Firm. Numerically it represents 5-6 on a firmness scale of 1-10.
With two spring layers, 3-inch pressure-relieving comfort foam works best for back sleepers. Side sleepers over 130 lbs and stomach sleepers below 130 lbs also enjoy a comfortable sleep.
This med-firm is most suitable for the majority of sleepers. An exception is always there. Individual lifestyle and preferences are vital factors for selecting the firmness level for a mattress. Sleeping comfortably with healthy spinal alignment is necessary for muscle relaxation and waking up pain-free. A mattress med-firm for one can be too firm for lightweight folks or soft for the heavy category.
Material & Construction
Q1. What are the unique technology, design, and materials used in the construction of the Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress?
The construction is straightforward—mainly five layers of foam and coils. The top layer consists of 2-inch T & N Adaptive® foam for added softness with heat-conducting graphite backed by 1″ of breathable nano coils for custom support. Plus, 1” of denser T&N Adaptive® foam for additional pressure relief and softness. Having a higher density of perimeter coils provides the best edge support.
- Layer 1: Cover- This 1-inch cozy quilted pillow top cradle will not sink.
- Layer 2: T&N Adaptive Foam– A 2-inch thick layer of patented T&N adaptive foam lies underneath the cotton cover. It provides extra comfort pressure relief and regulates temperature. The infusion of thermally conductive graphite, cooling gel, and open-cell structure eliminates body heat.
- Layer 3: Transitional layer: this 1-inch layer of mini coils fine-tunes to pressure points in a cooling, bouncy, and supportive way. These coils are responsible for responsiveness while the mint layer adds to cooling.
- Layer 4: T&N Adaptive Foam- Another 1-inch patented foam layer sandwiched between two coil layers. It gives support to the lower spring layer.
- Layer 5: Support coils: This 6-inch base layer is with the pocketed springs. This layer gives the mattress the structure and the support. The rings adjust individually to the body’s weight. Sleepers get bounce and great spinal alignment.
- Layer 6: Support Foam- this 1-inch bottom foam layer supports the spring layer.
|Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner
Q1. How would you rate Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress from a repositioning & responsiveness perspective?
The adaptive comfort layer in T& N bed is more responsive than most memory foam comfort layers. So, it is easier to switch positions or move from one side to the other side of the bed.
The dual-layer with pocket coil adds bounciness and responsiveness. Still, the overall feeling is of a snug, comfortable embrace by the mattress, neither sinking in nor floating on the top feel. Sleepers will not have difficulty rolling over or switching positions. Additionally, the medium-firm sensation doesn’t allow much sinkage, further contributing to the mattress’s ease of movement.
The hybrid construction and firmness make the Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress excellent responsive compared to most available ones.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
Q2. How would you rate Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress for providing comfort and pressure relief to sleepers?
The comfort layers and micro coils offer a blend of pressure relief and support. The Adaptive Foam layers cradle your body and reduce pressure build-ups. The coil layers support the mattress and prevent your body from sinking too deep into it.
The bottom layer of encased pocketed coil springs provides enhanced pressure relief and improved motion isolation.
- Back Sleepers: People sleeping on their back tend to require more support — particularly around the hips, which may sink into softer mattresses and prevent proper spinal alignment. Sleepers sleeping on this Hybrid mattress may be concerned that being a plush, medium-firm mattress may not provide enough firmness or back support. However, the pocket coils in the base area and the Nano-coil layer mitigate this concern significantly.
- Side sleepers:Side sleepers will greatly appreciate T & N Mint Hybrid. With the plush comfort layer, the mattress will absorb the pressure from the critical areas like shoulder and hip bones providing a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Stomach sleepers: Achieving good spinal alignment for stomach sleepers can often be trickier as the hips can tend to sink too far with some mattresses. Stability and support are crucial for “stomach sleepers” not to cause back or hip pain. T& N Hybrid is suitable for lightweight stomach sleepers with a dual coil structure and a medium-firm configuration. Still, it may create challenges for heavy sleepers who may experience sinking in and make a spinal curvature.
- Heavy sleepers: Hybrid mattresses are always an excellent selection for heavy people. With the dual coil construction with resilient, adaptive foams, the heavy sleepers get the necessary support and comfort.
- Combination sleepers: Hybrid mattresses are great for combination sleepers. The T& N with dual coil provides good bounce. The responsiveness helps the sleepers to switch positions with ease.
Cooling & Temperature Control
Q3. How would you rate the cooling and overall temperature control characteristics of Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress?
The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid has top-to-bottom cooling characteristics, giving the best cooling mattresses for hot sleepers a run for their money. Two layers of breathable springs and open-cell foam designed for airflow minimize body heat builds up overnight. And with an infusion of graphite and cooling ceramic gel in the comfort foam layers, excess heat dissipates throughout the foams, reducing overheat.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Q4. Does Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress provide reasonable motion isolation when sharing a bed with others?
The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress offers decent motion isolation. Coil layers make the bed more responsive and bouncy, and sleepers may feel slight movements. The foam layers and pocketed coils absorb motion transfer to some extent.
Q5. How would you rate the edge support of Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress?
The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress contains reinforced springs and micro coils that prevent the mattress from sagging near the edges. It enables you to use a fuller bed surface and prevents accidental rolling-off.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
No matter what position we sleep in, we all need to sleep well so our bodies can heal and rejuvenate. There are three sleep postures: Side, back, and stomach sleepers. Therefore, all three have different needs and specific experiences regarding the comfort, support, and flexibility that the mattress should offer them.
- Side Sleepers: The top comfort layers allow the shoulders and hip area to sink within the mattress, while the coil layers promote natural alignment. This feature makes this mattress a good choice if you are a side sleeper.
- Back Sleepers: Being a medium-firm mattress, lightweight and average weighing back sleepers shall find the Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress supportive and comforting. However, heavy sleepers may require more support.
- Stomach Sleepers: The mattress is ideal for light and average-weight stomach sleepers as they may enjoy ample support and pressure relief. However, heavy sleepers may find this mattress somewhat less supportive.
- Combination Sleepers: T & N is excellent for combination sleepers. Lightweight combination sleepers spending the most time on sides may not find this very comfortable. However, heavy folks and average weight groups alternating between side and back will surely enjoy sleeping on this mattress.
- Heavy Sleepers: Comfortable with most sleepers, a single comfort layer brand suggests sleepers below 350 lbs to use this mattress.
Coupons & Deals
- Save 20% on all mattresses.
- Plus, save 20% on bedding and accessories.