We gather information on mattress industry, product, pricing, customer reviews and financial information from more than 50+ websites daily through our automated “bots” and use advanced data analytics techniques to evaluate and rate mattresses.
Our reviews are updated at least once a week in cases of changes, product releases, and new insights gathered from analyzing our data set.
We present our mattress reviews in a Q&A format with the intent of mirroring the thought process of how customers make mattress purchase decisions
Helix Twilight MattressBy Brand: Helix Sleep
Helix Sleep deals Coupons
- 20% OFF SITEWIDE. USE CODE LDS20.
- 2 FREE Dream Pillows with Mattress Purchase ($150+ Value)!
The Helix Twilight is a firm feel mattress offering in the Helix lineup. It gives a no sinking feeling. Like Sunset and Midnight, Twilight offers pressure point relief. It comes in two variants like all other Helix Mattresses – Standard and Luxe, the latter belonging to the Premium Luxe Category. The Standard variant is 12 inches thick, while the Luxe variant is 14 inches thick.
The Helix Twilight is CertiPUR-US certified, implying that no harmful chemicals have been used in the make. Two free dream pillows are offered with each mattress purchase.
In this article, we will review Helix Twilight in detail. The review below highlights the key attributes, features, and pros/cons of the mattress.
- Material: The Helix Twilight comes with a polyester cover, the Memory Plus Foam comfort layer, and a pocketed coil support core on a high-density polyfoam base. Like the standard Twilight, the Luxe comprises multiple foam layers and pocketed coils. The plush polyester ultra-cool premium pillow-top is an added feature treated with phase technology for greater temperature regulation.
- Sizes: Both Helix Twilight and Twilight Luxe are available in all regular sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, California King, and King
- Shipping & Delivery: Free shipping and delivery offered.
- Trial & Return: 100 nights trial period, a full refund, and pick up
- Warranty: Helix Twilight offers a 10-year warranty, while the Luxe provides 15 years warranty.
Pros & Cons
Helix Twilight is recommended for sleepers, who
- Prefer sleeping on their stomach
- Our heavyweight
- Want pressure point relief
Not so ideal for sleepers, who
- Prefer softer mattress
- Strictly sleep on their sides
- Prefer a memory foam feel
- Don’t like a bouncy mattress
Firmness is a subjective matter. To some, a particular mattress may feel soft, while it may feel firm to others. Whether a mattress is soft, plush, or firm is purely defined based on personal preferences, choices, and body type. Whether a mattress feels firm or soft, it should support body weight, promote healthy spinal alignment, and ensure comfortable and restful sleeping.
The Helix Twilight, compared to other Helix models, is a very firm mattress, with firmness in the range of 7.5 to 9.5 on a scale of 10. This firmness level makes Twilight an excellent choice for average-weight or heavyweight back sleepers needing more lift in the lumbar area. The Twilight is also suitable for lightweight and average-weight stomach sleepers wanting extra support. Though the top layer of the Twilight gives a contoured feel, it is enough to prevent one from sinking and is not recommended for strict side sleepers.
With its comfortable pillow top, The Twilight Luxe gave an ultra-plush feel. The gel memory foam layer beneath offered the needed cushioning. These combined layers gave the required sinkage without being stuck in the foam. The firmer support and transition layers underneath and the pocketed coils showed the much-needed support in the areas that needed the most. The zoned support provides a soft touch in the shoulders and a firm feel under the hips. These features make the Twilight Luxe one of the best mattresses in the Helix group. It is not only known to give enough comfort in the shoulder and hip area but is also known to give the perfect firmness needed when one sleeps turning on the back.
Material & Construction
The Helix Twilight a hybrid mattress is 12 inches thick and has 4 layers. It uses quality materials like other Helix models. The materials include Helix’s proprietary Memory Plus foam, premium polyfoam, and 950 individual coils. The breathable mattress cover is soft to touch and stretches slightly. It is designed to allow maximum airflow to keep the person and the mattress cool throughout the night. The cover prevents sweaty nights.
The Luxe, the upgraded version, is 14 inches thick and comes in 6 layers. It includes high-quality features like a premium pillow top, a Tencel cover, zoned lumbar support, and other added features. The cover of Twilight Luxe is super soft and is a quilted premium pillow top made up of high-density polyurethane foam. It comes in two options: an Ultra-breathable TENCEL cover, designed for maximum airflow, or a GlacioTex Cooling cover made with fibers with a high thermal conductivity that wicks heat away from the body, giving a comfortable sleep.
The different layers in the mattress are detailed below:
- Layer 1: The first layer is the Memory Foam Plus comfort layer; it is highly dense memory foam with a firm feel that slowly contours as per the body shape; it helps minimize pain at pressure points like the hips and shoulders.
- Layer 2: This layer is the high-grade polyfoam transition layer. It is made of durable and firm polyurethane foam, which stops the mattress from sagging and provides full-body support.
- Layer 3: This layer consists of individually-encased coils to offer targeted support and give comfort. Special coils are used on the edges of the mattress perimeter for excellent edge support. The standard Twilight has up to 950 individually wrapped 8 inches steel coil, whereas, in the Luxe, there are up to 1500 individually wrapped 8 inches steel coils, thus making the Luxe firmer feel than the normal. The coils in Luxe provide zoned lumbar support that helps to cradle the body and provide proper spine alignment.
- Layer 4: The base layer is the DuraDense Foam layer. It is a durable yet high-density polyfoam that boosts longevity.
|Helix Twilight Mattress|
|Materials & Construction (1=Least, 5=Best)||Repositioning (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Comfort (1=Least, 5=Best)||Cooling (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Motion Isolation (1=Least, 5=Best)||Edge Support (1=Least, 5=Best)|
|Rating Scale: 1 = Average, 2 = Good, 3 = Very Good, 4 = Excellent, 5 = Winner|
Repositioning means that a person can switch positions during sleep easily. Again, those who toss and turn pay attention to mattress responsiveness. It measures how quickly one can become comfortable after changing positions and how one can make an easy move. The standard Twilight and the Luxe provide excellent responsiveness from the pocketed coiled layers. Together with the support layers, the transition layer prevents one from sinking deep into the mattress, thus facilitating movement in the bed. The mattress is great for sex.
Comfort, Back Support, Pressure Relief
With the variety of mattresses available, it isn’t easy to choose the right one. The right mattress can help get a good night’s sleep, which leads to the feeling of rest and refreshment upon waking up. Pain relief is another important feature that people look for while buying a mattress. Back pain can be relieved only when the spine is relaxed. A mattress with good support and a cradle to the spine is often a good choice for sleepers who suffer from back pain.
As Twilight is a firm mattress, it’s not suitable for side sleepers. It lends a jammed feel around the shoulders and hip; it’s unlikely that sleepers will feel comfortable in this position. Due to the supportive feel, the Helix Twilight matches well with most of the stomach sleepers, who would experience excellent spinal support. The Helix Twilight offers many design features, implying that this mattress won’t trap much heat. Due to the presence of a breathable cover, it allows air to pass through the mattress top, whereas the coils create plenty of room for air to circulate within the mattress.
The Luxe is an ultra-comfortable mattress that gives a perfect feel of balance, comfort, and support. The premium quilted pillow top gives extra softness to the mattress. Even though it is firmer than the other mattresses in the Helix group, it prevents the appearance of excess pressure in the arms and shoulders. The distinct firmness of the mattress gives the sleepers the feeling of sleeping on top of the mattress rather than sleeping in the mattress. The memory foam layers contours around the body’s curves without giving a sinkage feeling. The zoned lumbar support helps to keep the spine aligned and provides back pressure relief.
The suitability of the mattress for different sleeping positions is detailed below:
- Back sleepers: Lightweight back sleepers will find the Twilight too firm to sleep comfortably. They should look for softer models from Helix. The Helix Twilight is the best for average-weight, and heavyweight back sleepers as the firmness are perfect for keeping the hips elevated and the spine in proper alignment. This results in less back pain upon waking up.
- Side sleepers: Twilight is not designed for most side sleepers as lightweight sleepers will find the mattress too firm, average-weight side sleepers will feel too much pressure under their shoulders, and heavyweight side sleepers will also find the mattress firmness too hard to sleep on comfortable. Even though the mattress is not suitable for most side sleepers, it is designed to provide pressure point relief.
- Stomach sleepers: Lightweight stomach sleepers sleep very comfortably on Helix Twilight. Most of the average-weight stomach sleepers will sleep comfortably as the mattress offers the right firmness for them. Heavyweight stomach sleepers below 300 pounds will get enough support, but those above 300 pounds will need a firmer mattress as their hips and shoulders will not be appropriately aligned in the same line, leading to lower back pain.
- Heavy sleepers: Larger people, like plus-sized individuals, have their own needs when it comes to choice of their beds which is unique. The Twilight, the firmest mattress in the Helix lineup, can be a perfect choice for heavy sleepers. The zoned support technology of the Luxe offers a lot of support around the hips, thus making it a good choice for heavy sleepers. Heavy side sleepers would also like the Luxe for its point pressure relief support and healthy spine alignment.
Cooling & Temperature Control
The most critical condition that determines the quality and duration of the body’s recovery during sleep is an adequate decrease in the core body temperature. The Helix Twilight is the best cooling mattress as its temperature regulation is excellent. Like the other Helix models, the individually wrapped coils allow optimal air to flow through the mattress. The breathable cover adds to the temperature neutrality.
The cover of Luxe is not only super soft but is cooling and naturally breathable as it features Ultra-Breathable Tencel technology which promotes optimal airflow and prevents heat buildup, thus making the mattress an enjoyable surface to sleep on and keeping one cool throughout the night.
Motion Isolation and Sharing a Bed
Despite it being a firm, bouncy mattress, the Helix Twilight amazingly does an excellent job while minimizing motion transfer across the mattress. Because of the presence of the memory foam layer on top, the mattress is good at absorbing movement.
Due to a solid support layer of coils, the Helix Twilight provides great solid edge support. It provides a secure feeling when sitting or lying down near the edge of this mattress. Both the models of Twilight, being a combination of high-quality foam and steel coils, is highly durable. The mattress features reinforced perimeter edges with lengthwise two-sided edge support in the case of standard Twilight and entire perimeter (four-sided) edge support for complete structural stability in the Luxe model.
Recommendation based on sleeping style
Good sleep is cessesntial for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but according to the National Institute of Health (NIH), about 7 – 19% of adults in the United States do not get enough sleep. The brand Helix is linked with the concept of sleep DNA, which the company mentions on its website. Each of us has a different sleep DNA or specific needs for comfort and support; thus, it becomes difficult for many people to find what they need when choosing between just one or two mattresses. Though Helix does not make a different mattress for every person, they offer a wide range of options that meet most sleepers’ needs. Helix Twilight is a good choice for every sleeping position.
Below is a detailed description of how the Helix Twilight is a good fit for different sleep positions.
- Side Sleepers: It may be too firm for lightweight side sleepers, who might experience pressure around their shoulder and hip area. Heavyweight side sleepers might find this mattress too firm when sleeping in this position. This mattress is definitely way too firm for average-weight side sleepers, who will likely experience pressure around the shoulders and hip.
- Back Sleepers: Sleepers who weigh average shall find good support on the firm Helix Twilight. People who like more pressure relief might find that this feels a tad too firm for this position. Heavyweight back sleepers would tend to enjoy comfortable support on this mattress. Though it’s supportive, the Helix Twilight might be too firm for lightweight back sleepers.
- Stomach Sleepers: The firm feel of this mattress makes it a fantastic fit for stomach sleepers, who will find their hips and spine to remain aligned whenever sleeping. Heavyweight stomach sleepers who may weigh less than 300 pounds will get enough spinal support, while those weighing more than 300 pounds will probably have to look for other options. The firm feels offered by this mattress is excellent for lightweight stomach sleepers, who will get to enjoy plenty of support.
- Combination Sleepers-Those who alternate between various positions: Combination sleepers tend to change positions while sleeping. The Helix Twilight with its Memory Plus Foam layer gives combination sleepers good support to move across the bed throughout the night easily and comfortably, without feeling stuck in the bed. Individually wrapped coils further give the mattress its bounce. Thus, Twilight and Twilight Luxe is a good choice for sleepers of all body types who toss and turn throughout the night.
Coupons & Deals
- 20% OFF SITEWIDE. USE CODE LDS20.
- 2 FREE Dream Pillows with Mattress Purchase ($150+ Value)!